• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

commissar roach

Sergeant
Community Ambassador
102 Badges
May 27, 2011
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Impire
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
V3-OST-16_9.jpg

Prepare for the release of Victoria 3 by dreaming of a better tomorrow while listening to the game's Official Soundtrack. Let the songs of an era of transformation and revolution be the background music of your everyday life, and imagine yourself the builder of a mighty mercantile empire. The Victoria 3 Official Soundtrack will be available on most music platforms.

Find a link to your favorite in the list below.:
Spotify
Youtube Music
Deezer
Anghami
Amazon
7 digital
Apple Music

• 52Love
  • 19Like
Reactions:
Neat! When I've heard it in the back of videos I've found it really relaxing and inspiring. I wasn't able to find anything similar, so I'm really glad to have access to it on YouTube (my usual source of music).

Reactions:
Prepare for the release of Victoria 3 by dreaming of a better tomorrow
Ah, yes. "better tomorrow". I can tell you right now the last third of most of my games might as well be called "totalitarian state simulator". My people will long for the days when they thought absolute monarchy was the worst kind of tyranny imaginable.

• 8Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Very great! Some are familiar from the streams, others totally new, but all sound Victorian and great so far. Props to the musicians involved.

Huzzah!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Ah, yes. "better tomorrow". I can tell you right now the last third of most of my games might as well be called "totalitarian state simulator". My people will long for the days when they thought absolute monarchy was the worst kind of tyranny imaginable.
That sounds like a "better tomorrow" for you/your nation's ruler, though...

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thank you so much! I've been waiting months for this. :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Will there be more region-related songs at release or in DLCs? Not that the songs aren't great, it's just not that immersive to hear "England 1850" or "Glory to the Queen" When I'm playing countries like Egypt or the Shogunate.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Will there be more region-related songs at release or in DLCs? Not that the songs aren't great, it's just not that immersive to hear "England 1850" or "Glory to the Queen" When I'm playing countries like Egypt or the Shogunate.
It'd also be interesting to hear jazz-age music in the late game (post 1920) if you are a democracy.

Reactions:
Shoutout to Asset Gathering.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Tbh I think I only really like Asset Gathering and Death March. But to each their own.
I enjoy the other pieces for what they are, but the soundtrack is quite dominated by peaceful music with little of the driving tunes that you'd think a game about an era of mass change and suffering would have.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That could be a world-wide phenomenon. The Soviets loved jazz, too.
I imagine most players playing as authoritarian countries in the 20th century prefer to do it to more classical or militaristic music. Jazz is very much the "sound of freedom", and while jazz was even popular in Imperial Japan, it's music most associated with democratic countries. I think having jazz universal would just interrupt the mood of playing an authoritarian country, even if realistically jazz should be quite popular.

• 1Like
Reactions: