• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello guys i'm new with this mod and having a problem with "map deffinition logic error" something like that, i have attach the error log and playing with no mod

You'll need to roll back HoI4 to version 1.13. The converter isn't updated for 1.14 yet.

Nor for Vic3 1.6.

I am having an issue with converting this game over from Vic3 to Hoi4. It seems to have an issue finding a bunch of states and then has an failed to melt ironman save issue

First to check, which version of Vic3 are you running? The converter only supports up to 1.5 so far. If you are running 1.5, I'll also need your mod "Converted - Vic3megacampaign" if you were using it. Edit: there's an update that should fix things for you if it was a 1.5 save, though note that the converter does not yet support HoI4 1.14.

If it's 1.6, you'll need to wait for the converter to be updated.

Last edited:
I'm starting work on compatibility for Vic3 1.6 and Hoi4 1.14. If someone could create an observer save from 1.6, that'd be really handy. No mods, saved on 1936.1.1.

On the Paradox plaza subreddit there was a post mentioning that you guys needed files from mega campaign chains starting from Imperator. I don't know if you're specifically asking for VIC3 converted mods, but I have an old converted HOI4 mod that was apart of a chain of convertions starting in Imperator. Although, that campaign was started before the release of Victoria 3 and I had converted from IMP-CK3-EU4-VIC2-HOI4.

So I'm not entirely sure how useful my files could be to you.

On the Paradox plaza subreddit there was a post mentioning that you guys needed files from mega campaign chains starting from Imperator. I don't know if you're specifically asking for VIC3 converted mods, but I have an old converted HOI4 mod that was apart of a chain of convertions starting in Imperator. Although, that campaign was started before the release of Victoria 3 and I had converted from IMP-CK3-EU4-VIC2-HOI4.

@Zemurin

I'm mostly concerned about the ck3-eu4 jump for games that come from imp or that have modded ck3 inputs such as RICE. Just the HOI4 mod isn't useful because I need the entire chain. If you by any chance kept the saves of all the games in the chain, and the conversion mods, that would be a huge help.

I'm mostly concerned about the ck3-eu4 jump for games that come from imp or that have modded ck3 inputs such as RICE. Just the HOI4 mod isn't useful because I need the entire chain. If you by any chance kept the saves of all the games in the chain, and the conversion mods, that would be a huge help.
I did some diging and was able to find a bunch of old conversions for some old IMP-CK3 and IMP-CK3-EU4 files.
No saves or conversion logs though, because those have been deleted/overwritten long ago.
I hope this will help.

(Note: the files that have (2) in them contain the MOD file that goes with the file that shares it's name. The files without (2) in them contain the conversions themselves)

The first 4 files are for CK3, and the rest are for EU4.

Attachments

• 3K_Campaign_V2.zip
    10,4 MB · Views: 0
  • Three_Thousand_Year_Campaign.zip
    14,2 MB · Views: 0
  • 3K_Campaign_V2 (2).zip
    229 bytes · Views: 0
  • Three_Thousand_Year_Campaign (2).zip
    268 bytes · Views: 0
  • 3K_Campaign.zip
    6,8 MB · Views: 0
  • 3K2.zip
    8 MB · Views: 0
  • Three_Thousand_Year_Campaign.zip
    8,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 3K_Campaign (2).zip
    347 bytes · Views: 0
  • 3K2 (2).zip
    325 bytes · Views: 0
  • Three_Thousand_Year_Campaign (2).zip
    391 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm starting work on compatibility for Vic3 1.6 and Hoi4 1.14. If someone could create an observer save from 1.6, that'd be really handy. No mods, saved on 1936.1.1.
Here's another observer game for you.

Attachments

• observer_1936_01_01.v3
    46,9 MB · Views: 0
hey guys ! wanted to do a little campaign on just vic3 then hoi4, I rolled my vic3 to v1.5.9 and my hoi4 to v1.13.7 to use the v0.3 of the converter, but it outputs an error "nable to melt ironman save" at 14% everytime. The save is not in iron man

Attachments

• log.txt
    8,5 KB · Views: 0
hey guys ! wanted to do a little campaign on just vic3 then hoi4, I rolled my vic3 to v1.5.9 and my hoi4 to v1.13.7 to use the v0.3 of the converter, but it outputs an error "nable to melt ironman save" at 14% everytime. The save is not in iron man
You'll likely be better served with Vic3 version 1.5.13 than 1.5.9; that might be part of the issue with the converter not being able to read the file properly. Otherwise, be sure to upload your save also.
Would it be possible to dynamically use the Victoria 3 portraits and import them into HOI4 for leaders, generals, etc. or is that too far-fetched/tedious?
Possible, yes, but it'd require coding or hooking a program in to read the characters' DNA and make a portrait from that.

That's annoying. You may need to wait for the converter's next update where it updates the tool used to melt saves. All saves are passed through the tool for initial processing, so it wouldn't matter if it's ironman. You could also try downloading the updated tool yourself and dropping the .dlls into the converter folder to replace the existing ones: https://github.com/rakaly/librakaly/releases/download/v0.11.12/librakaly-0.11.12.tar.gz

Would it be possible to dynamically use the Victoria 3 portraits and import them into HOI4 for leaders, generals, etc. or is that too far-fetched/tedious?

It's actually my dream to do eventually, but it's pretty far down the priority list. If you happen to know a programmer who does graphics things they'd probably be able to do it faster than I could, even if I weren't focusing on other features.

You'll likely be better served with Vic3 version 1.5.13 than 1.5.9; that might be part of the issue with the converter not being able to read the file properly. Otherwise, be sure to upload your save also.

Oh yes you are probably right, I didn't look carefully at the list and thought 1.5.9 was the last 1.5 release since it's at the bottom

That's annoying. You may need to wait for the converter's next update where it updates the tool used to melt saves. All saves are passed through the tool for initial processing, so it wouldn't matter if it's ironman. You could also try downloading the updated tool yourself and dropping the .dlls into the converter folder to replace the existing ones: https://github.com/rakaly/librakaly/releases/download/v0.11.12/librakaly-0.11.12.tar.gz

I tried and it did the same thing, I will wait for the new update !

On an other note, it's been some time but I will try to come back to do some little translating at some point :D

the coverter crashes on startup (the program itself)
There should still be a log.txt inside its folder. Aside for that, possibly borked installation (try reinstalling) or AV interference. Or an ancient OS maybe.

i have the problem where my countries appear as blanks, so for the roman empire the ruler portrait is gone and so is the flag. and the hre's flag got switched out with kosovo. also usa does not have a focus tree and the hre witch was a monarchy is now facist. i used all of you other converters and this is my first mega campagin please help

i have the problem where my countries appear as blanks, so for the roman empire the ruler portrait is gone and so is the flag. and the hre's flag got switched out with kosovo. also usa does not have a focus tree and the hre witch was a monarchy is now facist. i used all of you other converters and this is my first mega campagin please help

Upload log.txt, your Vic3 save, and the Vic3 conversion mod.

here are is the vic3 save and the mod file. i couldnt find the log.txt, but here is the error log if you need it

log.txt will be in the converter directory. Also, to double-check, which Hoi4 version are you converting to?