• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi. for some reason the converter isn't working at all. I mean it seems to convert the save files okay, but when I actually boot the mod up it crashes pretty much instantly, it doesn't even have time to write a console log when it's in debug mode.

Not sure if this file helps.

Attachments

• error.log
    4,2 KB · Views: 0
1702444631080.png
what does this mean

Hi. for some reason the converter isn't working at all. I mean it seems to convert the save files okay, but when I actually boot the mod up it crashes pretty much instantly, it doesn't even have time to write a console log when it's in debug mode.

I need log.txt from the converter directory to even start to debug what's happening.

Hey.
I did conversion successfully. In hoi launcher everything looks ok. There is playset and mod. But when i start I have crash on loading database. I don't know if there are more logs.

Attachments

• log.txt
    27,1 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    2,6 KB · Views: 0
I need log.txt from the converter directory to even start to debug what's happening.
Got it, it's probably different from the one I tried to open up before but seeing as they all crash on launch now it shouldn't matter too much. I actually backdated to the other one (before switching back and producing a conversion with 0.3) which wasn't crashing but crashes now even when I tried converting one of the exact same saves as I previously did on 0.2 so that might be useful information.

Attachments

• log.txt
    1,5 MB · Views: 0

Got it, it's probably different from the one I tried to open up before but seeing as they all crash on launch now it shouldn't matter too much. I actually backdated to the other one (before switching back and producing a conversion with 0.3) which wasn't crashing but crashes now even when I tried converting one of the exact same saves as I previously did on 0.2 so that might be useful information.
Hmm. I don't see anything obviously wrong. Please your Vic3 save and any used mods so I can try on my side. Also, double-check if you had debug turned on in the converter options and try turning it off. It shouldn't break anything, but it's also not really suitable for converted games.

Hey.
I did conversion successfully. In hoi launcher everything looks ok. There is playset and mod. But when i start I have crash on loading database. I don't know if there are more logs.
I don't see anything obviously wrong, please upload your save and any used mods so I can keep investigating.

Hello, I am having an issue with the converter. It crashes HOI4 at "Loading map," and the converter itself warns that the map states do not line up. Attached is the log file from the converter. Please let me know of any solution to this. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• log.txt
    872,3 KB · Views: 0
Hmm. I don't see anything obviously wrong. Please your Vic3 save and any used mods so I can try on my side. Also, double-check if you had debug turned on in the converter options and try turning it off. It shouldn't break anything, but it's also not really suitable for converted games.
Here's the files that I've been having trouble with. I know further up in the thread you mentioned a need for some AI Only Vic 3 saves, which I've been doing just to see how the game unfolds. I also tried a saving a game on the 1836 start date just to see what would happen since I couldn't be bothered waiting 10 hours for a full ai only to finish, so that might be an interesting thing to look at if no one else did that already (it came through exactly as it should have on the 0.2). I tried converting the 1836 one again after 0.3 came out since the 1936 save wasn't working to see if it was a save issue, and it crashed on start just as well. Again, I tried backdating to 0.2 and basically the exact same thing I did before with the 1836 save and it still crashed on start.

Attachments

• 1836_01_01.v3
    5,9 MB · Views: 0
  • 1936 AI Only.v3
    61 MB · Views: 0
Hi, I have problems too, when the mod is loading it crashes when loading "base data". It is a CK3 to EU4, EU4 to VIC3, and VIC3 to HOI4 playthrough. Here It is the log and the error.
Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• error.log
    5,2 KB · Views: 0
  • log.txt
    46,7 KB · Views: 0
Aha! Hoi4 had a patch on Tuesday. That would explain why suddenly everyone is having crashes. Even my old test saves do. I'll have to dig into why it's now crashing though.

Reactions:
For future references, how do I rollback a hotfix update to avoid a problem like this? (How do I go back to 1.13.5?)

Unfortunately they don't provide beta patches for anything but major updates. If you wanted to go back to 1.12 you could, but not 1.13.5. If you have the hard drive space you can save a copy of Hoi4 when they patch, which is what I did. You can run dowser.exe to get the launcher and select mods.

So now, do you recomend to wait for the update to the converter, that support the 1.13.6 patch?
Thanks for the answer¡¡

Yeah, not much choice I'm afraid. Though if you have experience with Hoi4 modding and want to give fixing the errors a go, I'd love any assistance to figuring it out.

Does anyone here run Hoi4 on linux? I recall we get more debug info on that platform, and that would be helpful. I've got some fixes that seem to get the loading further, but I've run out of easy and obvious fixes with still no luck.