• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sid Meier said:
Moscovy itself is a country afaik,
County, yes, but the Duke title is creatable from start IIRC.

and Pereslavyl gives me a nice sandbox like being China in EU2 but also has the advantage as not being as singleplayer ish, as I can within reaosn easily intermingle with Georgia and Norway, and depending where sterk is, Poland.

also im generally slower to expand then other people, being a bit stronger while it certaintly did not enter my mind at the time (I jsut like how centralied it was) will ease with my stress, norhting bugs me more then having to stress myself out trying to stay even. laid back sandbox for the win.
Have you considered Pronsk? Otherwise, give a suggestion how to nerf Pereyaslavl a bit so it can be acceptable. Any territories or vassals that can be handed out to the AI?

like you said if no one objects I do not see why I shouldnt be allowed to play it even if it is a bit above the cutoff, and nerfs for russian dukes have been VERY problematic for me in the other game. I think we have a solid consensus though that no one minds, I am not a powergamer nor would I take any advantage from it, and I don't particularily like Pronsk, Pereslavyl is my preference for now, I assure you there will not be any issues.

Sid Meier said:
like you said if no one objects I do not see why I shouldnt be allowed to play it even if it is a bit above the cutoff,

Yes, Blayne, but the fact is that two people have registered reservations on this point. I also admit to a certain amount of concern myself. Please pick another duchy, without a long argument. I think we all have a fairly low tolerance for long arguments at this time.

And what about those Massilia orders? :)

As an aside, Anders tells me he would like to play either Flanders or Holland; both appear to be below the cutoff, so I don't think this is a difficulty, neh?

Hey all, I'd like to get back into action here.

Duchy prefs:

Lancaster, Flanders, Brittany (any viable duchies in France, btw?)

Yay! Sterkarm! Glad to see you again. :)

As I just posted, Anders would like Flanders, so I think he has a prior claim on that. However, Lancaster is available and apparently your first choice, so no worries!

Edit: As for French duchies, it appears to me that Aquitaine is off limits, but otherwise I think they are open - although you'd be advised to stay away from Normandy because of the no-Kings rule. (You may want to look back a page for discussion of this.)

Also, are we seriously banning all king titles before 1200? I think that's a bit harsh really. Sure it will limit our expansion but then we can't inherit, we'll have large, large duchies with lots of counts, and we won't be able to really play against each other until after 1200. I'd like the rule a bit more if we were all fairly centralized, say in Western Europe (France and the British Isles), but alas...

Oh, I vote KOM and Varyar.

Well - we can count that as another vote for "Ban all Kings until 1066", then, but I think the majority are still agreed on the 1200 rule.

reservation is not the same thing as objection, please let live, I do really want Pereslavyl it is my personal choice here, let us leave the matter until saturday and let everyone sleep on it, okay?

Blayne... That's twice now I've posted a request, in cyan, for you to pick a different nation, or suggest edits. It is not an unreasonable request, when PERE is more than twice as wealthy as any other player nation. People have been gentle in voicing their opposition because we've all had more than enough shouting and screaming. Nonetheless, objections have been raised, and I think they are well founded. So, if you'd be so kind, please move to Muscovy or Kiev. In the case of Kiev an edit will be necessary, so I do need to know what you are playing.

And what about poor Massilia? The Western Med trembles before your mighty fleets! Give the orders and make the Mare your Nostrum!

if I moved to Kiev why would it need an edit?

why is that an issue if novgorod is not human played or vice versa? It was only an issue in the previous game because it was thought someone would be in both novgorod and kiev.

No, it was an issue because Kiev+Novgorod is above the power cutoff. In fact, you may recall that we made the edit anyway, in spite of Novgorod being AId.

its not like its inhireted right away or even become insta king titles, my prince could luck out and live until 100, and even if you made the edit I stlll inherited novgorod the other game it only took longer.

Although I do not think I'ld mind being Chernigov, seems to be still a fw oppurtunities there,

Sterkarm said:
Duchy prefs:

Lancaster, Flanders, Brittany (any viable duchies in France, btw?)
Brittany is taken by Ulmont, and Flanders by Anders.

Alrighty then, with everyone except carillon (if he joins) having voiced their preferences, we seem to have a good spread across the map. The main black hole is Iberia, with a lesser ones in east-central Europe (Poland, Hungary) and west-central Germany. Also expect a local death spiral in Italy where Mango Man and myself have pretty much the same ambition :D

That Iberia is a black hole is fine with me, since Iberia is rich and easy to expand in. No player there is good for balance methinks.

Lurken said:
That Iberia is a black hole is fine with me, since Iberia is rich and easy to expand in. No player there is good for balance methinks.
Short-term, yes. But that also means there's no opposition there for expansionist neighbours.