• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Glad for you that you could save your men. But is it me or is strat. redeploying out of Stalingrad not so kosher. Nevertheless it's part of the game and you simple used it.

Good luck with your AAR.

wow you pulled of that one nicely, now lets see if you can turn the tables in the east :)

theusje said:
Glad for you that you could save your men. But is it me or is strat. redeploying out of Stalingrad not so kosher. Nevertheless it's part of the game and you simple used it.
Considering retreating units move considerably faster than advancing units, and given how easily he could have held on to Kotelnikovo for another couple of days, I'm willing to bet he could have saved everyone (Romanian cavalry if not infantry) without strat. redeploying.

He saved all the good units though, so I'm not complaining.

dublish said:
Considering retreating units move considerably faster than advancing units, and given how easily he could have held on to Kotelnikovo for another couple of days, I'm willing to bet he could have saved everyone (Romanian cavalry if not infantry) without strat. redeploying.

He saved all the good units though, so I'm not complaining.
But having the cavalry there made it look like he was trying to defend it still.

theusje said:
But is it me or is strat. redeploying out of Stalingrad not so kosher. Nevertheless it's part of the game and you simple used it.

stalingrad was saved by "superiour Nordic wit" :D it doesn't have to be kosher
(sry i just thought your metaphor was a bit funny :p )

anyways, good luck with the AAR, which DMP mods are you using btw, that is if you are using them?

Commander-DK said:
Sorry about the lack of updates recently. The evils of work at night and in weekends have gotten a hold of me again. I will try to update soon. I promise.

:) Jesper

Look forward to it! Working late is a pain I know.

Bugge said:
Really great AAR! But which campaign do you play? Is it a mod? I can't find the campaign in the singleplayer menu?

- Bugge
First Post said:
Game description: 1942 Campaign based on the scenario developed by Duck1987 and adjusted by Hytzon for use in Doomsday
Game settings: DD:A version 1.1, Normal/Aggressive but with special bonuses to the Allies and Comintern plus minor adjustments to techs and brigades.
Objectives: To prevent a collapse of the Axis powers and eventually win the war on all fronts - or die trying.
AAR style: Gameplay. I do not plan on any narrative descriptions but may change my mind later
This should tell you that this is a non-standard scenario eg. mod. And that thus theres a good chance its in the mod subforum. Sort by views since it sounds popular, and voila its #4 on the list ;)

This is what Hitler should've done RL! Great AAR btw