• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great to hear! I will eagerly await the next update.

Wannabe Tatar said:
Just to let my loyal readers know, my health situation has improved greatly during the last couple of weeks. It turned out that my headaches were caused by a wrong posture and now that I'm improving it, the headaches are vanishing. Last week I had to catch up with some work, which had piled up, which has now been done. So I'll be returning to this AAR in a few days.

Wohooo!

:D

September 8, 1924, was a day which would forge the next decade of European history. On this day the French parliamentary elections showed a clear victory for the fascists. Pierre Taittinger, leader of the fascist movement in France, gained much popularity in France by insisting that despite the suffering of France and her people was denied substantial gains from Germany by Russia and Britain. His policy of natural borders against the enemy of France was highly popular amongst students, soldiers and veterans of the Great War. The election of Pierre Taittinger made the German Kaiser, who with Russian support was allowed to remain his power, nervous. Especially as Germany was severely weakened by the war and the subsequent Treaty of Versailles and lost vast amounts of lands to Russia.

taittingerpierrevers1930champagneta.jpg

Pierre Taittinger

Meanwhile, in Central Europe, the Russians still had considerable forces stationed in Austria and Hungary. The treaties, which had enabled the Russians to stay there, had already expired a few years ago, but the troops remained there. Increasing unrest at home, however, brought up the question whether it was worth it or not to remain in Central Europe. For the time being, the troops remained in Vienna and Budapest, but rumors of a Polish Uprising, which could possibly be bigger as the November Uprising in 1830, grew stronger as more and more Polish had taken up arms against the Russians. The possible return of Józef Piłsudski from France could threaten the stability of the Tsarist regime in the western parts of the Empire. So, it was decided that on the 8th of September the Russians would withdraw from both Austria and Hungary, while remaining in Galicia, Slovakia and Bohemia.

168px-Jozef_Pilsudski1.jpg

Józef Piłsudski

The withdrawal of Russian forces left a power vacuum in Central Europe and would have far reaching consequences. Some radical elements in Hungary, claimed that Hungary should be awarded the Lands of the Crown of St. Stephen. This idea slowly spread into less-radical elements, and rapidly gained popularity amongst the Hungarians. At the same time, the Romanians saw the weakened Hungarian state as a threat to their own security, especially with them still controlling Transylvania. The Romanians, however, were weak themselves and without support from either Russia or Britain, it would most likely not attempt to gain Transylvania.

Russia was under going a series of reforms and in September order and clarity was established for the first time since the end of the Great War. A series of slow, but steady, political and social reforms would defuse any revolutionary movement, or so was argued. The Duma was reinstated on the 8th of September, and parliamentary elections were scheduled for March 1925. Economical reforms were to continue as planned, with the slight exception that the areas of economical expansion were to change. The armament industry was to be expanded, as well as industries in Siberia and the Far East. The Russian Admiralty planned to launch between 5 and 10 new warships each year, all of which would become part of the Pacific Fleet.

3275712.jpg

French Troops entering the Rhineland

On the evening of the 8th, the first French regiments entered the Rhineland on the orders of the new French President. The annexation of the Rhineland was a fact, and made the Belgian and Luxembourgian governments nervous, as it would almost completely encircle them. The German government was to open negotiations with Russia, Bavaria and Britain to see if it could reunify with Bavaria and possibly the return of Pomerania and parts of Brandenburg to Germany. Secretly, the German Kaiser hoped that it would gain the support of either Britain or Russia to regain the Rhineland.

If the Tsar doesn't react, a monster will appear soon.

But Russia seems to be more focused towards Asia... :confused:

A war with Japan? :confused:

Given that rebel pops suffer from fire and population of Poland... Won't it happen so that Poland would not have enough people to rebel in a few years?...

100 divisions to annex china. 10 will be lost, and another 50 left behind to squash rebellions ad infinitum ;)
But the cash.. oh yes!!

Easy a 1000 pounds of silver daily surplus with relatively advanced production techs.

Ofcourse britan will get a shitstorm, and invade. Hopefully youll have 20 on each sides of india prepared, with the other usual 20-30 needed in europe to counter landings.
While ready to raise another 20 soon to make a definite push into india.. since without india britain will be a minor nation scarely capable of even maintaining that fleet ;)

Burma and the indus & ganges riverlands should make a good addition. Oh yeah, and try pushing to take those srilankan provinces while at it. Heard they have their manpower there :D

In the meantime i think diplomatic friendship with germany would be the best path forward.. perhaps gaining access to german science, while getting a strong buffer in the west. Certainly if they can concentrate on france, the french will never be capable of penetrating... should those turn hostile.
Britain as always is a divided empire... you grab india while beating back their futile invasions.

And as you hold china against the rebels, that area is mostly secured too.

Wow, I just found out about this AAR and so far it is one of the greatest gameplay AARs I have ever seen. I am only on page 3 but will try to catch up, really ambitious stuff so far.

It is really good to hear about your recovering health WT, and great to see another update.

Kurt_Steiner said:
If the Tsar doesn't react, a monster will appear soon.

But Russia seems to be more focused towards Asia... :confused:

I've my own plans with Europe. It'll take a while before the monster will reach me, and then it will be severly weakened.

As for Asia, I forgot to mention that China has fallen apart... Also we've some old scores to settle.

Prinz Wilhelm said:
A war with Japan? :confused:

Considering that an assassination attempt on the Tsar was made there and we were humiliated two decades ago, the time has come to prepare to take revenge.

NikkTheTrick said:
Given that rebel pops suffer from fire and population of Poland... Won't it happen so that Poland would not have enough people to rebel in a few years?...

Given that in the 1914 scenario Poland is more populated, it will take some time.Although the Poles are more rebellious (an event fired in 1918 to give Poland freedom, which I rejected and gave them +3 militancy), militancy is rising throughout Russia.

ikki said:
100 divisions to annex china. 10 will be lost, and another 50 left behind to squash rebellions ad infinitum
But the cash.. oh yes!!

Easy a 1000 pounds of silver daily surplus with relatively advanced production techs.

Ofcourse britan will get a shitstorm, and invade. Hopefully youll have 20 on each sides of india prepared, with the other usual 20-30 needed in europe to counter landings.
While ready to raise another 20 soon to make a definite push into india.. since without india britain will be a minor nation scarely capable of even maintaining that fleet

Burma and the indus & ganges riverlands should make a good addition. Oh yeah, and try pushing to take those srilankan provinces while at it. Heard they have their manpower there

In the meantime i think diplomatic friendship with germany would be the best path forward.. perhaps gaining access to german science, while getting a strong buffer in the west. Certainly if they can concentrate on france, the french will never be capable of penetrating... should those turn hostile.
Britain as always is a divided empire... you grab india while beating back their futile invasions.

And as you hold china against the rebels, that area is mostly secured too.

Except that China has no industry, few railroads, and nearly 600 million people. It will be a drain on my economy. Surely the additional taxes are nice, but social costs will skyrocket as well.

We buried the Indian Dream a long time ago. With Afghanistan and Baluchistan firmly under our control, my immediate concerns with Britain are settled. At this time, Britain is neither my friend nor my foe. At this time, it's best to somewhat strengthen Germany to keep France in check. If it comes to war in Europe again, those two will wear each other down and I can pick up the peaces.

Cyrus_The_Great said:
Wow, I just found out about this AAR and so far it is one of the greatest gameplay AARs I have ever seen. I am only on page 3 but will try to catch up, really ambitious stuff so far.

Thanks! Glad you like it.

stnylan said:
It is really good to hear about your recovering health WT, and great to see another update.

Thanks, stnylan! And it also feels good to be writing again.

Wannabe Tatar said:
Considering that an assassination attempt on the Tsar was made there and we were humiliated two decades ago, the time has come to prepare to take revenge.

Oh, yess... Excellent.... :D

Is this and your rebel AAR dead, Wannabe? Or are they just slumbering in R'lyeh?

GrimPagan said:
Is this and your rebel AAR dead, Wannabe? Or are they just slumbering in R'lyeh?

Well, I had a nervous breakdown in the end of February/beginning of March, which put me of writing for a while. And to be honest, until this moment I lost interest in writing. Lately, however, the urge to write started to rise and am currently thinking about a possible new AAR (this has lost my interest as I did what I wanted to achieve) The new release of VIP might actually convince me to write again. But only time will tell.

Wannabe Tatar said:
Well, I had a nervous breakdown in the end of February/beginning of March, which put me of writing for a while. And to be honest, until this moment I lost interest in writing. Lately, however, the urge to write started to rise and am currently thinking about a possible new AAR (this has lost my interest as I did what I wanted to achieve) The new release of VIP might actually convince me to write again. But only time will tell.
Sorry. :(

Take your time, and I hope you feel better. :)

Wannabe Tatar said:

I hope you feel fine now, but don't forget to link to your new AAR, if you write a new one! :)