• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Juan Cortez

Let our population grow again so our army can show the mongols and xenoi the meaning of fear!

The House Cortez votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of the Red Demes (Quantity Idea).

Senator Juan Cortez STAYS IN the Blue Demes Faction.

The House Eliasian votes FOR the bill of His Imperial Majesty with amendments of the Red Demes (Quantity Ideas)

Senator Helios IV Eliasian STAYS in Blue Demes Faction

Senator Alexios Batavos
The house Batavos votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of the Red Demes(Quantity Ideas)

The house Batavos votes AGAINST the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty(Administrative Ideas)

Senator Alexios Batavos STAYS IN the Red Demes

[SIZE=+1]Senator Konstantinos Moustakas:[/SIZE]

The House Moustakas votes Against the bill introduced by his Imperial Majesty (Administrative Ideas)

The House Moustakas votes For the bill introduced by his Imperial Majesty with amendments from the Red Demea (Quantity Idea)

Senator Konstantinos Moustakas Stays In the Red Demes

Last edited:
[SIZE=+1]Senator Alexander Ouranos[/SIZE]
Stability and wealth for the Imperium!

The House Ouranos votes FOR the bill introduced by his Imperial Majesty (Administrative ideas)

The House votes AGAINST the bill introduced by his Imperial Majesty with amendments from the Red Demes (Quantity Ideas)

Senator Alexander Ouranos stays in the Blue Demes

Senator Nicholaus II

The house d'Este-Ravenna votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of the Red Demes(Quantity Ideas)

The house Este-Ravenna votes AGAINST the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty(Administrative Ideas)

Senator Nicholaus II STAYS IN the Red Demes

Senator Frederik V Hvide

The Hvide Clan votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of the Red Demes(Quantity Ideas)

The Hvide Clan votes AGAINST the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty(Administrative Ideas)

Senator Frederik V Hvide STAYS IN the Blue Demes

Senator Georgios Tsoukalos:

While the lands beyond are tantalizing, I admit that the oppressed Rhomaioi in Aigyptos are top priority.

The House Tsoukalos votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments by the Red Demes. (Quantity Ideas)

The House Tsoukalos STAYS IN the Blue Demes (Navigators).

Senator Septimark Wedrovander:

I'm very disappointed by the decisions of those who lack courage to not sink to low ambitions.

The house of Wedrovander votes for the bill introduced by his Imperial Majesty, Long may he live (Administration ideas)

The house of Wedrovander votes against the bill that was introduced by his Imperial Majesty with the amendments of the Red Demes(Quantity ideas)

The house of Wedrovander leaves the Red Demes (Eagles) and becomes unaffiliated.

[SIZE=+1]Senator Lazaros Melissenos[/SIZE]

My friends, remember, it is called Senatus Populusque Romanum, our concern should not only apply to the empire but also to it's people. And neither I nor my house will send them en mass into a meat grinder, like some of you advocate! This is a stupid mistake that will hurt the Empire in the long run. If you will increase the size of the Army tenfold, you will need to decrease the workforce on other places likewise tenfold, this can not work to our advantage. Therefore the House of Melissenos can not support the amendments made by the most estimated but misguided Senator Domenico.

The House Melissenos votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty (Administrative Idea).
The House Melissenos votes AGAINST the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of the Red Demes (Quantity Idea).
Senator Lazaros Melissenos STAYS IN the Blue Faction.

While I know that this is against the protocol, I would humbly request the most hornoured President of the Senate, that it would not hold against me, when I add some further words. It is my opinion that our hostilities and differences should stay on the senate floor, therefor I invite every one of you senators to a banquet in my city mansion. I would be hornoured by your appearance and hope to establish this as a regular feature at the end of our Sessions.

*Lazaros bows into the round of the Senators before seating himself.*

[SIZE=+1]Senator Anastasios Salamis:[/SIZE]

I'd like to adress honorable Senator Lazaros Melissenos. I am full of respect towards you, and thus hold no grudge against you if you disagree with me. I believe that the quantity reform is not simply sending more soldiers to the battlefield- I believe, at least hope, that it is a reform that means more efficiently recruiting soldiers- reducing the bureaucracy that slowers recruitment, for example. And I support such a reform in this time of war.

1. Bill of His Imperial Majesty
The House Salamis votes AGAINST the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty (Administrative Idea).”

2. Bill of His Imperial Majesty – with amendments of the Red Demes
The House Salamis votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of the Red Demes (Quantity Idea).

Senator Hadrianos Raoul

I see that the Senate is strongly divided, even amongst the Blues. I do not desire to strenghten these divisions ans I will thus abstain from both bills, which have both strong arguments.

The House Melissenos ABSTAIN from voting the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty (Administrative Idea).
The House Melissenos ABSTAIN from voting the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of the Red Demes (Quantity Idea).

Senator Osgar Godric

We need men, More than eunchs.

House Godric votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of the Red Demes(Quantity Ideas)
House Godric votes AGAINST the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty(Administrative Ideas)

Without pronouncing a single word in the whole debate, Leontios rises up to vote. There was no place for his proposals. One day, he says to himself, after Aegyptus is recovered, will be time to fight for the interests of the Kastelos.

[size=+1]Senator Leontios Kastelos[/size]

House Kastelos votes ABSTAIN the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of the Red Demes(Quantity Ideas)

House Kastelos votes ABSTAIN the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty(Administrative Ideas)

Senator Leontios Kastelos remains UNAFFILIATED

Senator Gaius Arrius

My friends, though I see strength in both proposals, I must side with the Emperor. Just as Exploration must wait, so must Quantity.

House Arrius votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty (Administrative Ideas)

Senator Gaius Arrius STAYS IN the Blue Demes

[size=+2]FIRST SENATE SESSION – RESULTS[/size]

lYLKoiY.jpg

Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis, hereby annouces that
[size=+2]THE VOTING HAS ENDED[/size]
with the following results:

pxvlVLL.jpg

Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis hereby annouces that the Imperial Senate has passed the following bill, introduced by His Imperial Majesty, Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom with the amendments of the Red Demes:

Restauratio Fortitudinis Imperii Act (Senatus Consultum)

The Imperial Senate, excersicing legislative power it was given by the Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom, acting on authority of His Imperial Majesty and with His approval, decided what follows:

1. That the Imperium Romanum, its Administration, Army and Navy, and all Logothesia are in a dire need of a Reform.
2. That such Reform is necessary for the preservation of the Imperium and all Roman citizens and all Christians.
3. That the Imperial Senate and all Noble Houses support His Imperial Majesty absolutely and with no hesitation in all matters and all actions taken by Him.
4. That His Imperial Majesty, guided by the Holy Spirit and with Saint Markos' blessing, accurately and properly determined that such Reform has to begin with Sanatio of the Imperial Administration.
5. That all Senators agree that the matter of the foremost priority for the Imperium is in fact Military Reform (Quantity Ideas).

Bill adopted by the Imperial Senate on [DAY] November 1444 year and submitted to His Imperial Majesty for approval on the same day.

[size=+1]THE RED DEMES HAS BECOME THE DOMINANT FACTION
(+100 INFLUENCE)[/size]

Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis hereby annouces that the following changes concerning the Senates Faction have taken place during the Session:
  • Senator Septimark Wedrovander LEFT the Red Demes and became UNAFFILIATED;
  • No titles have been redistributed by Faction Leaders.
j81F9HP.jpg

[size=+2]THIS CONCLUDES THE FIRST SENATE SESSION[/size]
[size=+1]***[/size]

Last edited:
Woo! Red Demes for lyfe!

Can we distribute titles now? I'd like to reward some loyal elements, to distinguish from those elements that are not. *looks at Wedrovander*

In addition, have the rules regarding in-character writing (stuff like letters) outside of Sessions been changed, or is that still restricted to sessions? I remember something was going to be changed regarding that. Also, Domenico has a new lease on life now, but when do you think rules regarding death will be established?

The Reds have lost battles (losing Wedrovander, my dignity, any chance of bad blood not happening), but won the war. But there's more wars to fight!

Let's go kick some Timurid ass!

Alright, first session over. This was fun. I love watching the bickering between the senators. The idea I voted for lost, but Quantity is still good. Admin will almost certainly come up next session.