• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I forgot to post this yesterday, but I'd like to say that our project to revive this AAR is underway! If any more of you want to contribute, just say so and I'll add you to the conversation. We're also looking for ideas in addition to modding work, so we'll need all of the help we can get. With any luck we'll make this AAR great again!

Yes, i would like to know about the progress too, this is too good to end like this.
sadly without Czolket showing us what he had planned for the rest of the world as a setting... I don't see how this mod could be done justice without him.

sadly without Czolket showing us what he had planned for the rest of the world as a setting... I don't see how this mod could be done justice without him.

This is too sad but if he unavailable to help, we could speculate and create something new, of course it wouldn´t be THE "This is Madness" setting, but i´d say it would at least be something interesting to play on, the option is to wait Czolket to show up again and continue the work.

Maybe a mod inspired by This is Madness but not quite it, it would even allow for creative freedom.

This is too sad but if he unavailable to help, we could speculate and create something new, of course it wouldn´t be THE "This is Madness" setting, but i´d say it would at least be something interesting to play on, the option is to wait Czolket to show up again and continue the work.

Maybe a mod inspired by This is Madness but not quite it, it would even allow for creative freedom.

Czoklet did at one point create a mod based on the AAR, though it was only in the alpha stage and was only restricted to the areas that have been "revealed". I do believe it is however, dead.

Then why not make another?
It isn't that easy. We would have to go back to the original save game, maybe even make a brand new one from the exported file from the original CK2 file.

If Czoklet ever needs help, I'm willing to give it to him.

It isn't that easy. We would have to go back to the original save game, maybe even make a brand new one from the exported file from the original CK2 file.

Then i would argue that we could build it from conjecture and speculation, couldn´t we? I mean, since Czoklet doesn´t seem to be able (or willing) to contine working on this, i´d say we shouldn´t abandon it to die. Just an idea though, i have zero experience with modding, so i have no idea on what that would entail, so i might be talking about too unrealistic here.

Did Czoklet ever post a ck2 save file or an eu4 save file for download. I'm just interested to know.

I think he released a savegame for CK2 once, but its very old and you will need to find out how to make it work (disabling DLCs and going to an older patch).

I think he released a savegame for CK2 once, but its very old and you will need to find out how to make it work (disabling DLCs and going to an older patch).

There is another way, but it would take a lot of work.

Someone could go into the game and copy, province by province, character by character, line by line, dynasty by dynasty, the entire save game and convert it into a CK2 Mod.

There is another way, but it would take a lot of work.

Someone could go into the game and copy, province by province, character by character, line by line, dynasty by dynasty, the entire save game and convert it into a CK2 Mod.

I doubt anything less than an entire team of people would be able to do that in a reasonable time.

This AAR has long since reached the end of it's lifespan. Henceforth only discussion of the actual AAR in this thread please.

I would like all of you who are serious about making a mod based on this AAR to open a thread in the appropriate User Modifications-subforum and discuss ideas and progress there instead of here.
Given that if this mod ever gets made and released it will either be using an actual savefile or mod made by CzoklettMuss or simply be heavily based on his AAR I suggest you read the Rules for User Made Mods.