• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Alexios Este Ravenna (Red Demes Speaker):

Senator Leon Taurinus (Red Demes)

*to Este-Ravenna*
"I'm rather doubtful of whether the Whites or Blues will be able to find any understanding between the two factions. Perhaps if the Reds were to be the ones given leadership we could better unite the two factions, especially with the Imperium's critical need for a strong army.
Otherwise I fear this senate will devolve into mutual distrust between the Blues and Whites and madmen running rampant who can't resolve anything. Frankly I fear we won't make it through this session without blood shed at the rate things are going."

*He repositions himself in the rather empty Red's section so that he is further away from the two madmen in his faction, now largely convinced that madness is in fact contagious within the walls of Constantinople.*

{{So Blues, who wants to join the madmen's ensemble?}}

"In these troubled times we must look to the army for security. As faction speaker of the Red Demes, I hereby propose the following policy:

The Army Consolidation Act
+5 Discipline (5 points)

-10% army maintenance (10 points)

"By consolidating our tagmata down to the core veterans, we can reduce costs and increase discipline. Quality must supersede qualntity."

Reverend Senator Dooley Azizid, Bishop of the Roman Far East (Blue Demes):

"Well, it's not the Church's knowledge as much as it is my late brother. My brother was a scholar at heart and a friend of many bright minds. He told me that he believed the Plague was spread like this."

The Bishop began idly messing with his long Mongol hair braid as he began.

"My brother told me that the disease was contagious. It spreads through the air and floats around. That's why the bodies killed by the plague stink: the decaying of the body makes the disease enter the air."

He nodded.

"Likewise, the disease spreads by having the bodies or fluids coughed up come in contact with your open wounds. The disease enters your body and multiplies in your blood, turning you sick and allowing you to transmit the disease to someone else. That's when the symptoms start.
The honored Senator with the soap basin is showing the way: the disease is driven away by soap and water. We must dress our wounds, cover them up, and clean them with soap and water whenever we come into contact with the bodies. Bloodletting will NOT, I repeat, NOT work. It'll only kill the patient.
We must wear masks and incencse, and such, when dealing with plague victims and plague bodies. The foul smell of the plague dead are a sign the plague is present.
We must burn bodies and all clothes worn by the plague victims."

Then, the Mongol smiled, ready to tell the exciting part.

"What, exactly, enters our bloodstream and causes the plague? Spirits. Dark spirits. Not chötgor, but beings of energy conjured by the black magic of the Xenoi. These spirits are released from decaying bodies and are breathed out by the sick. The plague spirits neither think nor care about whom they infect: they exist only to reproduce. The spirits were supposed to attack only Romans, but the Xenoi realized the spirits served no one, only existing to reproduce and find a new host when the old one died."

Bishop Dooley outstretched his hands.

"Think about it. The Xenoi plants, spare those Satanic mushrooms, are harmless. It's the animals we need to fear. Rodents, like rats, boarded Xenoi ships and invaded our shores and killed native species. Some animals were intentionally introduced, others by accident, but the disease was knowingly embedded in intentionally introduced Xenoi pests like rats. Anyone who rides or who has raised livestock sees the bugs, the fleas, the ticks that bother both animal and man. Those bugs and fleas bite the infected animal and become infected too, carrying the spirits to their next victim. When bugs with the spirts bite us, the spirits enter our blood and infect us too."

He paused, letting that sink in.

"The diease came from the Far West, not the Far East. Do not think the Xenoi aren't capable of sailing to Dai Ön Ulus and getting them sick! That's how the disease got them first! That's how it got our enemies! Then it got us, and then it turned on the Xenoi! It was neither traders nor merchants nor Yevryeichüüd or anything natural. These spirits were created by Xenoi and it would have infected us the moment we battled the next Xenoi throng. The Xenoi called forth beings that had nothing but a desire to reproduce, and those beings, those spirits, have killed so many."

Bishop Dooley made a very angry look and glanced around the Senate.

"We must wash our hands with soap and water, burn things and bodies in contact with the plague, avoid having sores come in contact with the plague dead or the infected, and pray fervently that God deliver us from the infection, because one who is infected once becomes immune if the spirits depart and he lives through it!"

He clasped his hands together.

"The only way we can move on from this plague is to one day attack the Xenoi and punish them, as the nation of God, for killing so many innocents, Roman and heathen alike. We cannot do that now, but the Imperior must declare these truths to all of Rome before more get sick."

Smiling confidently, the Mongol leaned back and crossed his arms again.

"THAT, members of the Roman Khuraltai, is how the plague came to be and what to do to protect ourselves."

"Your 'spirits' are reminiscient of ancient Galen's miasma, claiming disease is transmitted through bad air and water and food. My court philosopher insists spontaneous generation of disease and pestilences are false, using sealed jars of meat as proof... he likewise believes disease originates outside the human body, as the Xenoi are an infestation that originate outside of Europe, and from my time on campaign I can attest that cleaning and binding wounds is better than leaving them open to the air, as cleanliness helps to slow pestilence among the camps.... I do not see anything new in your theory, Senator Azizid, aside from the rejection of bloodletting."
{{I think you're being a bit too futuristic in your explication TurtleShroom. While Germ Theory might have been floating around for a while it didn't really take off, nor did Galen's Humorism nor "modern" empiricist materialism really take off till the 1800s. Paracelsus and Miasma Theory, by themselves, would suggest disease is an external invasive element as opposed to an internal imbalance as ancient and medieval philosophers held, but while e.g. antiseptics were sometimes used earlier bloodletting wasn't really abandoned, again, until the 19th century.}}

Last edited:
{{The army maintenance is only 5 points, you can upgrade either the discipline or army maintenance by about half of their current value to use all 20 points available}}

{{The army maintenance is only 5 points, you can upgrade either the discipline or army maintenance by about half of their current value to use all 20 points available}}

{{20? Czoklet said 15 for policies IIRC. Also I got the values from the wiki, which admittedly might be outdated...}}

Article 29 – Proposing Senate Policy
1. Every Faction Speaker may propose a Senate Policy in the name of his Faction.
2. Senate Policy must include the following information:
- name of the proposed Senate Policy;
- two bonuses chosen from the list of ideas in the Custon Nation Designer for EU4;
3. The total cost of two bonuses provided by Senate Policy may not surpass 15 points.

{{ I intended for Bubba and friends to propose a proto-germ theory that is heavilly influenced, like the RL anti-plague science, by theology, which was basically essential in those times to be a doctor. I actually thought that medieval medicine followed the alchemical concepts of humors and balance in the body. I forgot about the "bad smell" theory that helped people learn not to deal with bodies without protection.
(By the way, did you know that plague doctor outfits were literally hazmat suits? It's true: they were covered in wax to wipe off fluids, the maks helped filter the air (and the incense masked the smell), they only touched the plague victims with rods, they wore gloves, and they made sure no skin was exposed. Hazmat suits have gotten more airtight and less risky over the years, but the concept hasn't changed since plague doctors existed.) }}

"Senator Ravenna, I agree wholeheartedly with you on your commentary about the plague. -but I'm more interested in what you said about the Roman hor- soldiery. Why do you, a member of the Red Khural, argue for a reduction in troops? I mean, even the seamen in the Blues have been near unanimous on mothballing the heavy fleets. Is it not so that reducing our numbers would invite an invasion?"

Bishop Dooley stroked his beard.

"Nonetheless, I've lived in the steppes long enough to not question those who ride while we sit by and watch. I support your proposal."

He turned to Senator Hozenhollern.

"
Nöker, the plague spirits that the Xenoi conjured have clearly demonstrated that they are primitive and have no true capability of thought or reasoning. They only exist to reproduce. They have no master or purpose except to reproduce. The only way we could weaponize them would be to scrape flesh from the bodies after they decayed and literally throw them into Xenoi encampments and hope we get lucky, or to find inscects, let them bite plague victims, and then make the inscects bite animals, and release those animals on the Xenoi. Launching whole plagued bodies is not an option because they need to be cremated and given a properly dignified sendoff to Paradise. The spirits should remain in their blood and flesh, so mere pieces should suffice. The problem, though, is getting either the bodies or the infected inscects in Xenoi towns. It'd take a lot of flesh to ensure maximum exposure, assuming the Xenoi haven't gotten themselves. A lot of flesh."

He paused.

"Colombo... are you drooling? Did you not eat before you arrived?"

Last edited:
{{@leandor I hope your city recovers swiftly and that you stay safe}}

SIXTH SENATE SESSION - OPENING

SENATE POLICIES
  • Issue: „Reducing expenses and increasing revenue of the Imperial Treasury” (20 points)
  • Issue: „Increasing efficiency of the Imperial Administration” (20 points)
  • Issue: „Increasing effectivness of the Imperial Army on the battlefield”(20 points)

{{This is where I'm getting it from, it looks like we have 20 points to work with think Czo quoted an outdated policy}}
{{20? Czoklet said 15 for policies IIRC. Also I got the values from the wiki, which admittedly might be outdated...}}

Senator Leon Cortez (Blue Demes):,

"Armies of insects? Piles of flesh? The lord did not send us this plague to weaponize it! Talk of weaponizing a divine punishment is like having several men hoist a dromon on land to use it as a battering ram.

Anyway, on subjects from senators that are making sense, I also support the act of consolidating the army, it was the refusal of those who would be cut from our armies under this policy that saw the queen of cities fall to its own denizens, so I say we may as well stop wasting food and armor on them."

{{ I intended for Bubba and friends to propose a proto-germ theory that is heavilly influenced, like the RL anti-plague science, by theology, which was basically essential in those times to be a doctor. I actually thought that medieval medicine followed the alchemical concepts of humors and balance in the body. I forgot about the "bad smell" theory that helped people learn not to deal with bodies without protection.
(By the way, did you know that plague doctor outfits were literally hazmat suits? It's true: they were covered in wax to wipe off fluids, the maks helped filter the air (and the incense masked the smell), they only touched the plague victims with rods, they wore gloves, and they made sure no skin was exposed. Hazmat suits have gotten more airtight and less risky over the years, but the concept hasn't changed since plague doctors existed.) }}

"Senator Ravenna, I agree wholeheartedly with you on your commentary about the plague. -but I'm more interested in what you said about the Roman hor- soldiery. Why do you, a member of the Red Khural, argue for a reduction in troops? I mean, even the seamen in the Blues have been near unanimous on mothballing the heavy fleets. Is it not so that reducing our numbers would invite an invasion?"

Bishop Dooley stroked his beard.

"Nonetheless, I've lived in the steppes long enough to not question those who ride while we sit by and watch. I support your proposal."

He turned to Senator Hozenhollern.

"
Nöker, the plague spirits that the Xenoi conjured have clearly demonstrated that they are primitive and have no true capability of thought or reasoning. They only exist to reproduce. They have no master or purpose except to reproduce. The only way we could weaponize them would be to scrape flesh from the bodies after they decayed and literally throw them into Xenoi encampments and hope we get lucky, or to find inscects, let them bite plague victims, and then make the inscects bite animals, and release those animals on the Xenoi. Launching whole plagued bodies is not an option because they need to be cremated and given a properly dignified sendoff to Paradise. The spirits should remain in their blood and flesh, so mere pieces should suffice. The problem, though, is getting either the bodies or the infected inscects in Xenoi towns. It'd take a lot of flesh to ensure maximum exposure, assuming the Xenoi haven't gotten themselves. A lot of flesh."

He paused.

"Colombo... are you drooling? Did you not eat before you arrived?"

I support the mothballing of the fleet as well, Senator Azizid, but it is plain that the army is the far greater expense and one that must be addressed. As it stands now, the army is demoralized, expensive, and worse yet a glass lion- a weeping sore, bleeding men. The numbers alone will not avail us if they die or rout at the first battle. In Italy I learned that mindlessly throwing bodies at a problem led only to a shocking waste of Roman lives which we clearly cannot afford. We must cut out the rot, sort the wheat from the chaff, to make the hardened core a honed blade, sharp and hard and strong- on all levels of the army. All facets of the Imperium Romanum- Army, Navy, Church- must be reformed and reviewed, under the guidance of the Blessed Emperor, and made strong and vibrant where once there was bloated corruption and indolence. Only thus can Rome be saved."

* "Think, Dooley, think." the Mongol said in his mind, "good old Ekh always said the most honest settler is the one who rides to battle. I don't understand his point or claims at all, but should I support them?" *

The bishop paused for an extended period of time before speaking.

"I honestly don't understand how cutting the army, even just the novice soldiers, will not invite our enemies to strike. This said, the suggestion is coming from a member of the Red
Khural, it is clearly done with the interests of the military in mind. I can thus agree to support your proposal. I hope, then, that you will strongly consider mine in concerns of laying Chang on the Church."

Senator Alexandros Mandromenos (Red Demes):

*Alexandros has finally eaten and drank his fill. He is now ready to speak*

What a bad turnout to this Senate Session, I would have guessed that my fellow Senators would have jumped at the chance to prove their loyalty. I guess they will need to be purged as disloyal traitors. I mean His Majesty the Emperor demands their opinion, and by not showing up they disobey his will. Not like our presence here will save us, it merely changes how we die. Yes, I believe none of us will leave this meeting alive, we will be allowed to vote, naturally, but we will die regardless.

Anyways, since this is to be my end, I suppose I should perform one last act of service to the Imperium. We confiscate the wealth of the Church, and use the gold to repay the debts we gained after bankruptcy. With no need for their loans, we purge the Jews. I propose we don't simply let them leave to Pisa or elsewhere, we SLAUGHTER them, ANNIHILATE them. To the last man, women, and child. A final solution, if you will. We can blame the plague on them, say it was them who released the plague in our water and our air for their Xenoi masters, that will get the peasant's support.

We tax the Exarchates to the point of their rebellion to generate more gold. We mothball all ships but the transports for our profit. We support the pirates, so they may aid us. And I suppose we reform the administration so we may have the ability to reduce inflation and further aid the Imperium. We may need to repeal some of the policies supported by the Great Palace so we may have more effort to spare, but now is not the time. Then we vote. And then we die and all go the Hell we all so richly deserve, for various reasons. Luckily, I have already experienced it over the past two days, so I will already know what to expect, but I look forward to the looks on your faces when you realize where we are. *Alexandros begins to laugh* Yes, Yes, it will be glorious, seeing all of you burn. But first, one last act of service to the ones will have our heads.

Senator Markus von Habsburg (unaffiliated):

*A man in simple, but high quality clothing, carrying a large amount of rolls of parchment, limps in the Senate chamber. His grimace makes it clear to anyone who is not blind that moving is somewhat painful for him. He struggles to reach his seat as quickly as possible, to the annoyance of everyone else.*

Ah, my apologies, Konstantinopel is truly the greatest of all cities, but this is a curse as well as a blessing - this is only my second time here, and I am not used to the distances. But now I am here, and ready to serve our Holy Kaiser, and our Reich, ja?

*He chuckles and looks around asking for sympathy. When none comes, he continues.*

What is the current topic? Army reform, ja? I have served as Chief Scribe to the Tagmata ton Germanikon for several decades, so I know what we need, and here are some proposals I have outlined...

*He hands a sheet of parchment to everyone not resisting vigorously enough.*

No one can question the bravery of our Soldaten, ja! But bravery will not help you in fighting the Ausländer - for every man in the field, there are ten men behind him, making sure his armor is in good condition, and his weapons sharp, and his food ready. If they cannot do their Arbeit properly, all bravery is useless, ja. We must make sure that they can. See tables two through seven for some ideas on how to introduce Austerität to the armies...

{{While Markus drones on, you can keep going. I would appreciate it if the next few people mention a boring corporate meeting going on somewhere in the background. ;)}}

Senator Nikephoros II Salamis (Blue Demes):

Senator Decius Pylaeus (Vice President of the Imperial Senate, Faction Speaker of the White Demes):
"Your words are chosen wisely, and it brings great sadness upon me to say that they reach so few willing ears. Senators Taurinus, Melissenos, Salamis and Arrius - together we can try to better the Imperium. Fret not - the fools and madmen will receive their divine punishment. I look forward to working together with all of you."

*Decius nods to the mentiones senators, and adds a firendly smile once his gaze falls upon the fellow white Melissenos.*
*Nikephoros nods towards SEnator Pylaeus*
I thank you, Vice President. While we may not agree on all matters, I hope that we will cooperate for the good of the Imperium.

{{We need only two factions- madmen and sane men :p}}

Reform of the imperial administration (National Focus)

- "We clearly need to bloster our administrative capabilities. If this institution would have let the white demes come into power sooner, we would not have to face this dire situation now. Like a single drop of water on a hot stone, what little we could do was only enough to easen the burden a little. If we want to continue on our path towards prosperity and stability, we need to focus our ressourced on administrative matters."
May I point out, Senator Pylaeus, that during the long previous years, the White Demes were in power? The officials off your demes were incompetent more often than not. Burnings of scholars, tax barges lost in the Nile, the official responsible for them, a White, breaking down nervously... As you must know, the trade is currently the ONLY thing bringing money for the Imperium. If the Blues get in power, we will be able to increase the trade revenue and finaly get the Imperium to actually earn some money.

Senator Decius Pylaeus (Vice President of the Imperial Senate, Faction Speaker of the White Demes):
  1. Imperial Navy – mothballing all fleets (budget ) - "The fleet has proven time and time again that it's only benefits are the transportation of our legions and the raiding of Xenoi trade. So I support the mothballing of any non-trading and non-transporting (and thus all combat) vessels."
I must disagree. While I, of course, support mothballing every ship expect of the transport ships and the light privateers, I will say this- without a strong Navy to protect the transport ships, they too are useless and will be drowned along with the soldiers in them, and thus the Imperium will not be able to transport soldiers from one front to another. This, in turn, can lead to our doom.
The honored Senator with the soap basin is showing the way: the disease is driven away by soap and water.
*Senator Salamis nods vigorously to that, and washes his hands in his basin with further fervour. All this talk about spirits and disease and corpses and open wounds was making him nervous...*

Senator Leon Cortez (Blue Demes):
As for the Jews... I have my doubts they brought the plague; the numbers don't completely add up. I am certain however, that they are the non-pisan moneylenders who brought the imperium to ruin. Since they are not christians, their souls are doomed and thus they have no legal defense, while the imperium can reclaim the illegal fees they dared to charge to finance the force keeping them safe from xenoi."

*Senator Cortez turns to Dooley*
"And I do declare your theory partially correct. It is clear that the plague was created in the far east by none other than god himself to remind us not to look beyond the threats presently surrounding us. Had we not sent the expeditions, it would have ravaged the mongols while they fought amongst themselves and left our full resources to fighting the xenoi. Alas, what's done is done."
Senator Cortez! It is good to see you. However... I disagree with you. You weren't able to join us in the Blue Demes meeting, if you was there you would know that our Deme's mood is completely different than this.
First of all, we must never harm the Jews- they are true, honorable money lenders, unlike the accursed Pisans. There's nothing illegal in they hard earned wealth- they are loyal, productive citizens and if we harm them, they'll simply escape to our enemies and benefit them.
Senator Lodovico di Capponi (White Demes)
My esteemed brothers, what proof is there of heresy on my behalf? Who is your witness? Alexandros? Yes! He is clearly sane! Clearly an authority! And what of Pylaeus? A man in power, abusing that power to destroy a rival. He is merely driven by politics my brothers! I opposed his policies, and look at him now! Condemning me to fire! Accusing me of Socery! I assure you my lords I did not escape that island without my share of... trials.
*Nikephoros rubs the sides of his head*
I must say, your explanation is convincing. Accusations of sorcery and heresy seem far-fetched... However, I wasn't present at the meeting of the White Demes and I don't know what is this whole nonsense... I don't know who to believe in this.

"In these troubled times we must look to the army for security. As faction speaker of the Red Demes, I hereby propose the following policy:

The Army Consolidation Act
+5 Discipline (5 points)

-10% army maintenance (10 points)

"By consolidating our tagmata down to the core veterans, we can reduce costs and increase discipline. Quality must supersede qualntity."
Ah, Senator Este Ravenna, surely you do not believe that the Senate's policy should be only towards the army?
Trade is currently the only thing bringing money to the Imperium. If we enlist privateers... Then the navy and the merchants of the Imperium will bring even more money.
As a short term investionI believe that the Blues and the Reds could join forces in this, while reforming the administration for the Whites, and propose the following policy:

{{Since it seems like we have 20 points- where did you find that army maintence for 10 points? There's only 5 and 15 in the nation designer list, no?}}
+5 Discipline (5 points)
Trade Efficiency +15.0% (15 points)

Senator Nikephoros II Salamis:
Senator Alexandros Mandromenos (Red Demes):

Anyways, since this is to be my end, I suppose I should perform one last act of service to the Imperium. We confiscate the wealth of the Church, and use the gold to repay the debts we gained after bankruptcy. With no need for their loans, we purge the Jews. I propose we don't simply let them leave to Pisa or elsewhere, we SLAUGHTER them, ANNIHILATE them. To the last man, women, and child. A final solution, if you will. We can blame the plague on them, say it was them who released the plague in our water and our air for their Xenoi masters, that will get the peasant's support.

We tax the Exarchates to the point of their rebellion to generate more gold.
*This seems to trigget Nikephoros' anger*
You are mad, Senator Alexandros! It is clear. Your solution... *he spits* is a madman's rambling. I'm glad that you're just a madman tied to a chair, because if you were given any responsibility the Imperium would be lost!

{{Sorry for the double post}}

Senator Zeno Urbicus Mojmirid (Red Dems)
*Zeno silently walks into the senate chamber. Wishing to make as little of a disturbance, his attire has changed slightly sporting an ancient Hoplon shield upon his back, Zeno slips into a seat along side his fellow red dems.*

I do apologize for my tardiness senators. I was hold up in some business that I simply could not escape. As for your concern Senator Nikephoros about mothballing the fleet, it would be wise to do so, although I was under the impression that many of the reds sought to maintain the merchant vessels. Although personally speaking I find it poor planning to focus on trade while the black death is running rampant through our lands. It might be more sound to focus on producing goods here rather than trading for them. However that is not up to me. *Turning to face Senator Alexios, Zeno speaks straight to him.* I am still discontent with my unintended usurpation of your power.

Ah so this is the infamous Senator di Capponi? I must admit for a man given title as mad by one of our fellow senators, you don't look nearly as crazy as I had expected. However looks can be deceiving. As for the boosting of administrative power... I must confess I am concerned about this. The bureaucracy is already so convoluted that it is hard to see the use of such an extensive bureaucratic system if it leads to endless forms and papers. Perhaps a reforming of bureaucratic power into a more consolidated form?

I will agree with you Senator Nikephoros, Senator Alexandros has proven mad in more than on instance. That being said, his words hold merit. I am against raiding the church for all of its funds, however an increase on church taxes would be an incredible boon for us in these trying times. Honestly can you say with quite heart that you are okay watching the wealthy priests and bishops hoarding that wealth when Rome herself tears apart from within? I do not say they should abandon all their wealth, I simply say they could easily part with sixty percent and be left with a sizable chunk for their golden chalices and rings. Perhaps when this is all over we can erect a new basilica in honor of the churches willingness to cooperate. All I am saying is don't discount the possibility.

{{Seriously, if you don't post on here for a day, or you don't have the page open on your computer, you stop getting notifications. It is really annoying.}}

{{ Okay, let's see how the Session is going. I hope you've already spent some time discussing resolutions and senatus consultum, because before you vote we ha- }}

Senator Honorius Scipion (Red demes):
*Honorius turns his face to the man who is speaking to him. It sounds strange, as if pronounced throug a thin wall...
(...)
*Honorius suddenly stands up, slaps Mandromenos´face and starts running to the other corner of the Senate Hall while screaming and shaking his arms over his head. Even the worst war or action behind enemy lines has never been so scary as this Senate sessions seems.

*During his running, senator Scipion trip over and hits his head against the corner of senator di Caponni´s chair.
He takes a piece of silk to cover the injure in his eye and, finally calms down.
He returns to his chair and, after slapping Mandromenos´ face a couple of times, he sits down and speaks to senator Taurinus:

(...)
*Honorius slaps Mandromenos´face once more and then he cross his hands, observing the rest of senators.

{{ How low has the Senate come when the faction whose leader IS LITERALLY DRINKING BLOOD OUT OF A CANTEEN is seen as the most sane. Holy shit.[/
{{Somewhere (probably in Poland) sits a Czoklet and either cries his eyes out or is laughing his ass off about all this circus. I'm not sure if all of this isn't to much for an AAR but it sure as hell is entertaining. And if the Imperium dies it's all our fault.}}
I'm a Bishop of the True Faith and these are my VESTMENTS. I will NOT dishonor myself in these halls by stripping off the clothes that represent my servitude to God and His Bride just because some racist is mad that the holy Imperior can see beyond slanted eyes!
*Honorius starts walking to Senator Azizid´s seat to shake his hand. Then he comes back running to his place, scared by the movement of one guard surely warned of Scipion harming Azizid in some way. While he comes back tears come back to his eyes what does not allow him to see the chair´s leg and he trips over again, hitting the backside of his head this time and letting him unconscious for some minutes in the middle of the Senate´s floor...
*As Honorius comes back to his seat, he retry the gap from Senator Mandromenos mouth and start slapping his face deliriously until some red senator grab him and ask him to sit down and shout up.
We must dress our wounds, cover them up, and clean them with soap and water whenever we come into contact with the bodies. Bloodletting will NOT, I repeat, NOT work. It'll only kill the patient."
Senator Leon Cortez (Blue Demes):,
The lord did not send us this plague to weaponize it! Talk of weaponizing a divine punishment is like having several men hoist a dromon on land to use it as a battering ram.
Senator Markus von Habsburg (unaffiliated):
No one can question the bravery of our Soldaten, ja! (...) If they cannot do their Arbeit properly, all bravery is useless, ja. We must make sure that they can. See tables two through seven for some ideas on how to introduce Austerität to the armies...
Senator Nikephoros II Salamis:
*This seems to trigget Nikephoros' anger*
You are mad, Senator Alexandros! It is clear. Your solution... *he spits* is a madman's rambling. I'm glad that you're just a madman tied to a chair, because if you were given any responsibility the Imperium would be lost!
fewCzTo.jpg

Reactions:
Senator Nonamark Wedrovander (Red Demes):
*Nonamark was a different man when he arrived at the senate he wore a outfit of red and black and had a robe of red, gold, and grey. The outfit consisted of a tunic and a half skirt and trousers with voluminous sleeves. There was 4 rings on each hand, cooper banded and with nodes of what looked to be amber stones. He also leaned heavily on a walking staff, he had had a terrible fall and an incident before coming to the Senate and he needed it for all the guards already had a laugh watching him stumble onto his face tripping him on the way in. It still was a question of doubt if they would end up living after the flogging they received and were still in the process of receiving. However despite that it had been a great day of a great week until the senate session. The poor senator sat through what he thought had to be one of the mythical heretical rings of hell happening around him. Finally after the amount of absolutely the most horrible day of the senate yet. His thoughts strayed to murder. It would be so very easy to sacrifice the di capponi to the senate's demands and take the opportunity to burn them all at last ending their unlawful ways at last, to simply grab the gag and suffocate the man who had nearly destituted his family with his lower priced weapons and call it an act of mercy for the bedeviled soul, and to finally destroy the man whose line destroyed the standing of his father. All so possible. Worth it, maybe, but it wouldn't save the Imperium. But what could? Then it clicked. They could be... persuaded maybe in ways that would hardly be fair. He laughed to himself. If it didn't work at least he could say that he tried.*

*He turns to Alexios Este Ravenna*
"Senator Alexios I think that we are now at a critical crossroad of the entirety of the Imperium. I find myself at a point of near despair at the dysfunctionality of the senate, however I believe the very men who act so outrageously are only following their own plans and are quite devious. I suggest that during the recess you speak to the vice president and finalize a deal to secure the future of the Imperium. Remember, if the army must be cut that we of the reds support you fully in your plans. I will not be too available for I have many errands. Many errands indeed."

{{ One thing to ask about. I'm a bit confused about the whole senate consula policy thing. We can only have one on at a time is that correct? Because honestly I think that that one is the best moneymaking one is the one we have on right now. Not the most powerful from past versions cause there used to be some funky sheenigans that you could do, but still the best we can do now it what we have now.}}

Senator Nonamark Wedrovander (Red Demes):
{{ One thing to ask about. I'm a bit confused about the whole senate consula policy thing. We can only have one on at a time is that correct? Because honestly I think that that one is the best moneymaking one is the one we have on right now. Not the most powerful from past versions cause there used to be some funky sheenigans that you could do, but still the best we can do now it what we have now.}}
{{ There are 2 types of bills: senatus consultum (plural: senatus consulta) and resolutions. Senatus consulta are binding for me as a player, resolutions are not. Apart from that there are policies - vanilla policies (from EU4) and Senate Policies (which you create by spending points and "buying" them from the National Designer list and which I later mod into the game). Senate Policy is proposed jointly by 2 Factions and put to a vote like a senatus consultum.

You vote on senatus consulta and resolutions according to the agenda of the Session. As for the policies, you vote separately on every vanilla policy (so in theory you can enact all of them) and on Senate Policy. Once enacted, policies (vanilla and senatorial) remain in effect until the next Session.}}

{{ There are 2 types of bills: senatus consultum (plural: senatus consulta) and resolutions. Senatus consulta are binding for me as a player, resolutions are not. Apart from that there are policies - vanilla policies (from EU4) and Senate Policies (which you create by spending points and "buying" them from the National Designer list and which I later mod into the game). Senate Policy is proposed jointly by 2 Factions and put to a vote like a senatus consultum.

You vote on senatus consulta and resolutions according to the agenda of the Session. As for the policies, you vote separately on every vanilla policy (so in theory you can enact all of them) and on Senate Policy. Once enacted, policies (vanilla and senatorial) remain in effect until the next Session.}}
{{We can have only 1 Senate Policy at a time, right? An how many points we can use, 15 or 20? The rules say 15, the Senate session announcement says 20.}}

Senator Nikephoros II Salamis (Blue Demes):
Senator Zeno Urbicus Mojmirid (Red Dems)
As for your concern Senator Nikephoros about mothballing the fleet, it would be wise to do so, although I was under the impression that many of the reds sought to maintain the merchant vessels. Although personally speaking I find it poor planning to focus on trade while the black death is running rampant through our lands. It might be more sound to focus on producing goods here rather than trading for them. However that is not up to me.
Ah, you misunderstood me, Senator Mojmirid. I support wholeheartedly the mothballing of the fleet, expect of the light ships and the transportation ships, I just had to point out to the Senators claiming the navy to be useless, now and always, that the Navy is one of the pillars of the Imperium.
Also, have you read the documents given to us before the session? They clearly show that right now, and probably for the years to come, trade is the only income bringing money to the Aererium. Bolstering production will do nothing, as our bankruptcy and the sorry state of the administration will not allow us to gain any income from it. Trade, my friends, brings a lot of wealth to the Imperium- let us, the Blues, support it and increase the revenue from it, and the income to the Aererium will be greater.

Last edited:
{{ You can propose 1 Senate Policy during a Session. But if it passes it may be enacted just like vanilla policies.

You have 20 points - I must've forget to correct the rules after the announcement.

BTW why are you using such a small font? If you use
Code:
[size=3] [/size]
it's smaller than the standard one. }}

{{ You can propose 1 Senate Policy during a Session. But if it passes it may be enacted just like vanilla policies.

You have 20 points - I must've forget to correct the rules after the announcement.

BTW why are you using such a small font? If you use
Code:
[size=3] [/size]
it's smaller than the standard one. }}
{{Yeah, I'm using three and it seems like it somehow is smaller. I'll try perhaps to put it in a code and see it it works, perhaps setting the size as 3 via the font size option is somehow different.
Edit: nope, doesn't seem to work. I'll just set the Senator name as 4 before I send the message from now on, perhaps that'll fix it.}}