• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Th' buck ye jist say mucker? Want me tae beat yer heed in wi' a roosty pape ootwith th' pub an' ditch yer worthless body in th' Fife? Didne hink sae ... bludy ned.

(The fuck you just say mate? Want me to beat your head in with a rusty pipe outside the pub and ditch your worthless body in the Fife? Didn't think so ... bloody chav.)
Yeah, that's the Scotsman I remember. For a second there I though you were just pretending to be one, but after this torture of english language all the suspicions just fade away. No proper englishman could ever do something like that to his mother tongue.

I gave Mr. Sometimes the highly important constituency of Peebles, largely for the humour value. :D

Never thought I would say this; but I actually agree on the labor party's foreign policies (but not imperial, that is either Liberal or NL), but I also agree with the NL foreign policy.

So once more, for responsible government, realpolitik, liberty and sound economics: National-Liberals.

Jews, mostly. I have always feared the dangerous potential of this Jew-ridden republic and now it seems there's noone to stop them. I agree, an alliance is necessary, but both the Tories and NatLibs desire stronger ties than this temporary alliance I want.

We both know, that "friend of freedom" I am not, never been, never will be.

So here's a short list of problems I've compiled against both parties of the Right.

National Liberals

1. Totally uncontrolled free market
  2. Desires too strong ties with the Jew Republic
  3. Hate their name, has the word "liberal" in it
  4. My ex-wife and that cannibal

Tories
  1. Again, Pro-US, can't escape that
  2. I never liked the Ol' Bulldog and the shadow of Thatcher is hanging above this party already, I can already feel it
  3. Still too much free market emphasis, but better than NatLibs

What a nice list of compliments. :p

But the National Liberals also have the word "national" in it?

What a nice list of compliments. :p
I knew you would like it.
((Can any of you german-speaking folk help me out here? What is the exact translation of the title "Knight Commander of the Paper Hats"? It's Großkomtur, I think but I have problems with these "die"s and "der"s.))

Last edited:
Good god, I can't even begin to follow this thread! Excellent update Tommy, the 1949 manifestos have left me torn. The lack of constitutional reform in the Moderate Labour manifesto is disappointing, and although the radicals make some concessions I fear they lack an appreciation of the gravitas of the international situation. What we require are calm, experienced heads to guide Britain through these unprecedented times - comitting to drastic actions in our remaining colonies will not serve anyones best interests. The domestic side of the liberal manifesto is extremely promising, but I cannot agree with their economic proposals.

I'll therefore make my vote (somewhat more reluctantly than 1945) for the Labour Party - Moderate Faction.

I knew you would like it.
((Can any of you german-speaking folk help me out here? What is the exact translation of the title "Knight Commander of the Paper Hats"? It's Großkomtur, I think but I have problems with these "die"s and "der"s.))

Isn't Der masculine and Die feminine?

I'll therefore make my vote (somewhat more reluctantly than 1945) for the Labour Party - Moderate Faction.

I would have sworn that Home Rule would've won you over to Sinclair's side this time, but in this instance I'll be more than happy to have been proven wrong!

In all honesty, moderate Labour probably provide a stronger vision for the future, politically speaking. While I voted for the radicals, and would love to see a pact with the communists, the persistent liberal vote means that a moderate path must be pursued to ensure Labour is open to the necessary coalitions. That said, I didn't vote pragmatically.

I gave Mr. Sometimes the highly important constituency of Peebles, largely for the humour value. :D
Representative for Peebles, will I be made warden if the royal privy's next?

Isn't Der masculine and Die feminine?
In theory, but it's more complicated than that. Similarly to my own native tongue there are more exceptions to the rules than not do you just have to learn the form of every word.

Well, is the word "papermütze" masculine or feminine? And what is the german word for "of", does it even exist in german?
"Auf" I believe, and "Papiermützen" is plural, don't forget that!

You pointed out the importance of suspending our real life politics and embracing the AAR ;)

But hitherto I've yet to see anyone else actually try to do that. :)

Oh, and BTW Mr. Sometimes, Roxburgh, Selkirk and Peebles is a very prestigious constituency indeed. You should be honoured. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.