• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
dag231 said:
Yeah... sadly, I cant find any of the discs, saved games or notes from 2 years ago. Which is a shame, since Guderian had re-taken much of what Germany had conquered.

I suppose thats what happens when one takes an extended sabatical from gaming, moves, puts stuff into storage and loses one or two boxes along the way... :(

What about the PDF you promise on Page 1? ;)

ColossusCrusher said:
Aww, man.
At least you're back.
What about that Aztec AAR?
:D

You mean The Children of Huitzilopochtli?

I would have to restart that one as well. Game discs, saved games, notes - all gone in one of those two boxes that disappeared somewhere along the way the last two years away from gaming, though I could certainly come back to this easily enough after the Romanian AAR is done. As far as I can remember, all of North, South and Central America was Aztec, or pretty close to it.

dag231 said:
You mean The Children of Huitzilopochtli?

I would have to restart that one as well. Game discs, saved games, notes - all gone in one of those two boxes that disappeared somewhere along the way the last two years away from gaming, though I could certainly come back to this easily enough after the Romanian AAR is done. As far as I can remember, all of North, South and Central America was Aztec, or pretty close to it.

*Cough* PDF *Cough*

Ironically, I was just reading the Aztec AAR this weekend. Funny. Welcome back, dag!

Vann

It's a law of nature - the quality of a thing is directly proportional to its capacity to fail.

Okay... I think I can rescue this AAR, but it will take a bit of time.

I don't have the discs to reload, and the save game that exists is of a different patch, without Armageddon. What I can do is play out Germany from a fresh game to the point where he is captured and then try to re-write the Assassination of Hitler event (or add a new one) that will allow the same circumstances to take place (see the Die Welle des Terrors posting). Not sure how many events there are regarding Hitler in this mod, so not sure how many events will be screwed over by the SS killing him. Hopefully it will work.

After that, it would just be a matter of trying to duplicate the success that I had as Guderian playing for the Americans.

This obviously wont happen overnight... :)

Crappily, all the images posted at photobucket were removed, so a lot of this will be shots in the dark and all, but it should work out and Guderian's story can be completed to its logical conclusion.

The recreation will be using Mod34, since I have that installed for the Tukhachevsky AAR, so the settings of the restart will be

Mod 34 (with all the extras)
Armageddon 1.2 patch
Difficulty – Hard
AI Aggressiveness – Furious
Democracy Can Start Wars – No (though I expect this wont be much of an impediment)
End Date – 1964
Full IC Take Over – Yes (never made any sense to only get a partial IC, other than to make it more difficult on Germany)
Tech Team Take Over – Yes​

Last edited:
Given all of the changes, should you continue from here or start a new AAR? A sort of "Guderian-redux". ;)

*pokes zombie AAR*

*pokes zombie AAR*

Dude, it is very bad manner to resurrect an AAR thread with nothing more important to say than that. I thought there was an update.

And to the rest, no further need to post any more. Let this sink down again to the rest it deserves unless it is the writer to make a comeback.