• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That elephant is a patriot and a hero to his country. :Teardrop:

To be fair, at least that kind of mixed consumption fits Dalip's new look. ;)

The King has risen!
The King is not Dead! Long Live the King!
The King has risen!

Soon the King will be high!............ Again!
Excellent! He will live... FOREVER!
:D

This is gonna be one hell of a binge.
Oh, yeah!

haha....what a stoner Dalip is! I strongly encourage that he mix opiates and absinthe so we can get another trippy "under the influence" sequence. Those are my favorite :D
This is what I need
Oh, that’s practically a given now that he’s on opiates!

The golden king! Truly he is as a god, for he has conquered death! How can the British stand up to him?

Also, the elephant is okay. That's a relief.

Absinthe + Opium. His Royal Highness on a whole new level!
Hehe!

Thank the gods! Dalip is alive. A truly glorious day for the Panjabi empire!
It so it!

Looking back, Isn't Maharaja -> King technically a downgrade?
Hm, that may be linguistically true… How about I retcon it so Dalip is the High King of India?

... I refuse to be wrong. Zombie Dalip.
Don’t call him that! He’ll eat your brains!

so the elephant caused the war ...

absinthe+opium = could lead to some entertaining delusions in the near future
Yep, the elephant crossed the border. After the British shot Dalip. After Dalip made to invade Indhore. After he had annexed four states under British protection… But history will remember the elephant!

YEAHHPP Elephant caused the war

I never knew they had skull reconstruction back then.. with blings...

if king richard had the horse during the bosworth incident he would have started a war agaisnt those damm frenchies and his own people

Abnsinthe and opium oh god think aobutthe effects 100percent alchohol plus opium.
Skull surgery of this sort was done even in Neolithic times, with a modest survival rate. I suspect that with a ready supply of large quantities of a non-toxic, inoxidable metal (i.e. gold) to patch up the hole left in the skull, survivability would be improved. And Panjab mastered modern medicine even before westernizing!

That elephant is a patriot and a hero to his country. :Teardrop:
Songs will be written for it…

To be fair, at least that kind of mixed consumption fits Dalip's new look. ;)
When his life is made into a movie in 1920s United India, he will look hurt but majestic, composed even in his predicament and with his wits about to give orders to his troops even as his aids try to carry him down from the elephant, whom Gunkaar will then be personally riding towards the Bitish, at great risk to life and limb.

It reminds me of that one scene on Rome HBO.
Ah yes, I think I remember what you’re referring to. I wasn’t quite convinced they’d be able to spare that much gold for a plebeian, but I’ve no doubt the surgical know-how existed back then.

So Dalip is going to opium too ? There goes the surplus of opium for export :p
As luck has it, in the previous war India grabbed some of the largest opium-producing regions from British India…

Potshots to the head of foreign dignitaries. A casus belli if there ever was one...

Exceptional quality Selzro!
Thank you! And yes, it is war one year into the truce, without any lost prestige for it.

Yes He's Alive I knew he couldn't die yet with India divided and weak. Forward For India
For India! :)

@all: It’s a busy time for me, so I may not have an update ready for several more days.

I can't wait to see gramp's reaction

Skull surgery of this sort was done even in Neolithic times, with a modest survival rate. I suspect that with a ready supply of large quantities of a non-toxic, inoxidable metal (i.e. gold) to patch up the hole left in the skull, survivability would be improved. And Panjab mastered modern medicine even before westernizing!

Besides that, gold is one of the most inert chemical elements when it's in its pure form; so there won't be any funky gold-related reactions in Dalip's body. That can't be said of mixing absinthe and opium, and we're all expecting for this to happen!

Mmm, absinthe and opium! That must give Dalip brand new dreams! Anyways, glad he's alive!

I like how the legs remain stick-shaped even under the blankets! :laugh:

Wholly awesomeness of awesomeness!!

I just went through the last 45 pages of the story and comments; what a story! I love the format an AAR in any style is a lot of work this is definitely over the top. Great job with the art and game play. I am new to V2 and through your subtle story line I am learning about the game. Cheers to a successful conclusion!

LONG LIVE THE KING!

I just went through the last 45 pages of the story and comments; what a story! I love the format an AAR in any style is a lot of work this is definitely over the top. Great job with the art and game play. I am new to V2 and through your subtle story line I am learning about the game. Cheers to a successful conclusion!

LONG LIVE THE KING!

The AAR is over?

Oh, that explains the invasions ... :D
It’s all to make China happy! :p

I can't wait to see gramp's reaction
That should be on the next Subtleties page…

Besides that, gold is one of the most inert chemical elements when it's in its pure form; so there won't be any funky gold-related reactions in Dalip's body. That can't be said of mixing absinthe and opium, and we're all expecting for this to happen!
Yep, that’s why I used gold. Titanium would be even better, but good luck finding it in 19th century India…

Mmm, absinthe and opium! That must give Dalip brand new dreams! Anyways, glad he's alive!
Or just the worst hangover ever.
Or both!

Excellent AAR. Bravo !
Thank you!

What better way to promote the idea of united India than with some cozy India-colored© bed sheets? Even Dalip has one himself.
Join the warm shelter of India! Secede from Britain and get free blankets!
Ah, I’m glad someone picked up on that! :)

I like how the legs remain stick-shaped even under the blankets! :laugh:
Surely they couldn’t transform simply be being placed under a blanket? That would be… unnatural!

LONG LIVE THE KING!
I am so glad you enjoy it so! :D

The AAR is over?
As Sakura_F said:

neeeeeeeeeein.
But it will have a successful conclusion, eventually.

No update yet, sorry. Things have recently and suddenly become quite busy IRL, so it might be a while until the next one.

This is the most epic aar ever!please never stop!go go go go epic epic epic epicccccccccccccccccc