• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((The following individuals may wish to change their votes for the second round -- DutchGuy and Warlord Skorr. Both voted for individuals who are no longer in the race. Only a couple of hours left to vote, though.))

I will change my vote, and I hereby support my party member Carlie as Reichpräsident.

((The following individuals may wish to change their votes for the second round -- DutchGuy and Warlord Skorr. Both voted for individuals who are no longer in the race. Only a couple of hours left to vote, though.))

((Do we have to vote again if we already voted for one of the remaining candidates?))

Voting is concluded. Frederick Carile, with 250 votes, is the first Reichspräsident. Karl Adimari earned 82 votes, while Franz von Bavel-Timmermans earned 21 votes.

Constitutional amendments may now be submitted and coalition agreements are also possible. We may submit a second social reform package.

Two items are automatically on the ballot:
1. The creation of a statue celebrating the founding of the Republic of Germany.

FmlkVV.jpg

2. Herr Anderson's proposal to repeal the mandatory oath of loyalty.

Once a new government is formed, we will also discuss the trial of Ferdinand von Hohenzollern.

Do not vote until the 48 hour period for new amendments has expired.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

((Couldn't help noticing the bottom of that picture. Do we actually have the ability to create Yugoslavia or is that just there because it's part of whatever mod you're using? :eek: Also, how is our militancy and infamy?))

((So now that I am ReichPrasident, I need to designate someone to be Kanzler, right? Or does someone propose a cabinet, which I then approve? From reading, I can't tell which it is.))

Also, since I can no longer vote, being Reichprasident, I shall instead

Urge support of the creation of the statue, which shall glorify the republic, and

Urge rejection of Herr Andersen's proposal, which is directly contrary to a motion that I proposed.

~Frederick Carile

((Make me Kanzler :p ))

((In your dreams. :rolleyes:))

I would like to propose the following cabinet for our Reichpräsident.

Chancellor: Konrad von Schwaben (NLPD)
Foreign Minister: Nikolaus Friedrich Peter von Oldenburg (UAI)
Minister of the Interior: Ludwig Frederik Andersen (UAI)
Minister of War: Hals Gutfreund (NLPD)
Minister of Finance: Walther Herwig (UAI)
Minister of Education: Franz von Bavel-Timmermans (SLD)

~ Konrad von Schwaben

((So now that I am ReichPrasident, I need to designate someone to be Kanzler, right? Or does someone propose a cabinet, which I then approve? From reading, I can't tell which it is.))

((I read it more as you would approve of a coalition proposal presented to you. I could be wrong though. Being able to unilaterally appoint the Chancellor could cause some serious drama depending on who you appoint. :p))

Let me offer my congratulations to Herr Carile. While he was not the candidate that I supported, I am certain he will do well as the first Reichpresident of Germany.

- Wilhelm von Vandenburg

We shall see how this Liberal-dominant government does, no doubt it shall sell Germany's soul to it's enemies for peace and "freedom".

- Wittelsbach

Finding nothing that compromises my values in the current coalition, I approve the coalition.

Good luck, Kanzler von Schwaben.

~Frederick Carile, Reichprasident

((I'm still allowed to submit legislation, right? And I probably need to give some kind of inaugural speech.))

(( What are our current social reforms? What social reform movements are there, if any? ))

The Reichprasident's Speech

I would like to begin by thanking and remembering those who lost their lives to protect the republic. Without them, it is unlikely that I would be able to speak here today, in front of you all. With the rebellions over, and the peace restored, we can finally get back to what should be the true goal of any government: ensuring and increasing the prosperity of its people.

To forward this, I call for more social reforms. An increase in the minimum wage perhaps, or the support of the arts. Regardless of what we strive towards in reform, we must work together. Past legislature wishing to improve the living conditions of the working class were defeated, not because of the opposition, but because the supporters were not united. That is why I believe that, should the Reichstag wish to pass social legislation, it decides on a common proposal.

We are entering into a new period, and as the first Reichprasident of Germany, I look forward to ensure this period is a prosperous one. I know not what the Kanzler and his cabinet wishes to do with their years in government, but I call upon them, and truly, all the Reichstag, to put aside petty political and personal differences, and to create legislation that can only improve the lives of every man, woman, and child in our nation, as everyone in this nation deserves an equal chance.

Now, let's get back to business.

~Frederick Carile, the First Reichprasident of Germany, in front of the German Reichstag and people, in the Capital

I would like to begin by thanking and remembering those who lost their lives to protect the republic. Without them, it is unlikely that I would be able to speak here today, in front of you all. With the rebellions over, and the peace restored, we can finally get back to what should be the true goal of any government: ensuring and increasing the prosperity of its people.

To forward this, I call for more social reforms. An increase in the minimum wage perhaps, or the support of the arts. Regardless of what we strive towards in reform, we must work together. Past legislature wishing to improve the living conditions of the working class were defeated, not because of the opposition, but because the supporters were not united. That is why I believe that, should the Reichstag wish to pass social legislation, it decides on a common proposal.

We are entering into a new period, and as the first Reichprasident of Germany, I look forward to ensure this period is a prosperous one. I know not what the Kanzler and his cabinet wishes to do with their years in government, but I call upon them, and truly, all the Reichstag, to put aside petty political and personal differences, and to create legislation that can only improve the lives of every man, woman, and child in our nation, as everyone in this nation deserves an equal chance.

Now, let's get back to business.

~Frederick Carile, the First Reichprasident of Germany, in front of the German Reichstag and people, in the Capital

Weak, corrupt and unable to act in a fashion deserving a German. You men appointed a failure to this position, you will see it burned to the ground as a result.

~ von Altmark