• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can we have some screenshots? Like goblin attacks?

Can we have some screenshots? Like goblin attacks?

I'll try do some nice screenshots during my next plays for now I don't have much but here few pictures, sorry no goblins.

Attachments

• GreatElementalsAndKids.JPG
    GreatElementalsAndKids.JPG
    165,8 KB · Views: 40
  • Ghosts Guards.JPG
    Ghosts Guards.JPG
    81,1 KB · Views: 35
  • Rats.JPG
    Rats.JPG
    79,8 KB · Views: 37
  • Zombies.JPG
    Zombies.JPG
    99,9 KB · Views: 36
  • Rat King.JPG
    Rat King.JPG
    131,6 KB · Views: 33
I have two more screenshots, in the first you see me battleing the first baron plus some elementals and a stream of zombies coming my way, in the second you see another baron at the same time :cool: accompanied with some elementals destroying one of my temples (needless to say: hopeless battle hereafter).

Next time ill try to get a screenshot of each wave as i think i almost had them all at one point of the game.

Is there an end to this map and anyone finished this map yet ? I didnt (yet).

Attachments

• 091120-1343-01.jpg
    091120-1343-01.jpg
    562,4 KB · Views: 31
  • 091120-1343-00.jpg
    091120-1343-00.jpg
    472,5 KB · Views: 31
Hehe yea noticed, my record is 282 days played in this map (screenshot below). In the end there were 2 barons of logic, 2 imp advisors, the rat king, a swarm of sewer rats, the dark mage, the boss ogre, a swarm of zombies and some dragons present :rofl:

Attachments

• 091120-1804-00.jpg
    091120-1804-00.jpg
    583,8 KB · Views: 38
Updated to the latest version just now and got a most boring map. Maybe it was the update, maybe I just got "lucky", but this time the map was clear of everything on day 55. Not wanting to wait 20 more days I quit.

Hopefully my next game will be a little more exciting.

In my last play it happened to me too, I had let say 15 dens max on the map and most was easy to destroy quickly. I was in north east corner, for me this corner tend to generate easier maps.

One time I played and got nothing but bear dens. That was really boring but thankfully it only happened once. I have found that this map is too easy and uneventful with my usual aggressive style. Most of the time I can clear the map before day 50 which leads to me sitting around doing nothing. So now I'm playing without clearing any lairs except for when I need the room to build a guild. I usually only have to take out 1 or 2 lairs that spawned just outside of town and can leave the rest alone. It's so much more thrilling leaving all the lairs up as they pump out hoards of monsters, especially combined with the upgrade bug and random waves. The last time I played the minimap was covered in red dots until I was overrun on day 163. I lost because both the Ancient Lich and Imp Advisor spawned in my town and I didn't notice them until it was too late so I think I can beat my time. It would help if there was some kind of indication that my town was under attack. A message, audio cue, anything. All we get now are flashing red dots on the minimap but they flash for sewer rats so it's useless.

Once again a boring map, cleansed on day 60. I think the problem is lack of attacks. In the old version dragons, imps, ghosts, wolves, serpents etc. all came rushing your town, making for a challenge.
With this new version your town is perfectly safe. No more attacks, meaning the only threat is there when you seek out the enemy. Which by itself is far too easy and unchallenging.

It gets more interesting with the waves, but that takes a while. Got crushed around day 180.

Thanks for the screenshots. Those screenshots look scary though.

The newest version still has a lot of attacks. I think you're just getting the bad end of the RNG. In my last game (the one I described above) my town was bombarded with a constant stream of fire elementals, bearmen, serpents, wolves, dragons, zombies, and minotaurs. If you play enough you will be able to recognize in the first 5 seconds whether or not you drew an easy map or a hard one. The lairs are random but they seem to be in random groups so you just need to spot certain lairs together.

When you first start the quest pay attention to the lairs that spawn next to your castle and quickly disappear. Look for Wolves + Bearmen, Wolves + Elemental + Serpents , or Wolves + Portals (imps). All three of these are on maps with aggressive creatures. There's some other ones I'm forgetting but you'll start to recognize the patterns as you play. Try to avoid Bear dens and Ogres lairs (especially together). I only play with them if I see one of the above combinations with them. Most of the time those two are found on dud maps, at least in my experiences. I usually avoid serpents too unless they spawn far from my town. Their lairs aren't active at first and are too easy to clear if you spot them early enough.

I know my map suXX really, but I've made it in objrctive of other people making similar map, which not happened.
Today I'm probably to much drunk, but I'll explain you some the primcipe I use, whith my drun k speaking!

so first of all, what made the map worst or good, the randomness. You have two kind of major randomness. Each depending of what you expect. The one : you expect a value which can evolute, and you first test true, and then evolve in test : later testing random one of two, and then three of one... The other random is result achieving all, and you invert, terminating by a sure, if the control event didn't check.

Generating random start location is already simple: you randomize (finishing by true if no building has been generated) to get a kingdom building (do not forget to afford your kingdoms in your .mi file before, avoiding the kingom not found error. then, ensure that few zone of security always link to your castle. But beware! the validation of linking is not as short as you expect.

Then build your random logovo (den of monster), generate some area for each of them, and if probablity said okay, spawn a logovo (tagged) in an area, if there aren't alrealready tooo much building in this area. So it means, like me, you ve got a lot of area for each type of logovo : I've got 8 possibly place for wolves dens, and I check if I could afford a wolf den by their quantity, vicinity of others dens ans randomize luck. Beware, if den are generated too early, they have only 10% life and could not generate monster.

then spawn your standard monster, so just activate the guardian b your set spawn prog reaction (but they have to be tagged, , and randomize delay : use if for limited delay or delay_days/while for event whixh could have a posssibly infinite duration. then delete your already existing tagged guardian before generating new ones (look at first waves), this will avoid you repetition of guardians. Do not forgot to generate also a wave of invader which attavk an area klarge area, defined as world, which means they would attack the nearest player unit. Do not forget to improve power of those spawn after delay, and remove guardians before generatings new ones.

Here we're going to "special waves", sometimes (randomized wait duration in more than one trigger), I said, generate a lair here (logovo_cave, using previous script). And one time lair is generated, randomly generated a content, which will spawn as a first wave and execute order, as attack or protect, and one time first wave is generated, lair is disintegrated, and allow other waves to spawn.

Well guys, niow you know my secrets, !

Thanks for the screenshots. Those screenshots look scary though.

Lol yes that's scary, the special wave with 4 dragons and 30 flying snakes is rather impressive even if not as hard than some other. Too bad I haven't a snapshot.

Once again a boring map, cleansed on day 60.... I think the problem is lack of attacks. In the old version dragons, imps, ghosts, wolves, serpents etc. all came rushing your town, making for a challenge.
With this new version your town is perfectly safe. No more attacks,...
If you compare the two .mi versions you'll see there isn't much difference in attacks definitions coming from dens. Few fix has been done to lower some spawn like demons and imps and a bit bears but otherwise attacks are most often the same and in fact with a rate increased in the new version.

What's changed are almost only the special waves and the guards. Now old guards are deleted involving dens rather easy to destroy unlike before in previous version. For me it was a very good feature that you complain about and then has been removed. :)

If you feel the waves start too late you can change just one number in the mi file to adapt it to your taste. Search "invasion activation" and few lines bellow you have: "delay_days" 65
Change this for the delay you prefer.

I know my map suXX really, but I've made it in objrctive of other people making similar map, which not happened.
Today I'm probably to much drunk, but I'll explain you some the primcipe I use, whith my drun k speaking!
Well guys, niow you know my secrets, !
Lol let hope you won't regret it after not being a bit drunk anymore. ;)

During one play I saw the den things for special waves. I haven't identify everything in your mi file but many and that summarize help. I have some questions but I'll post them another time.

I don't know what's your plans for the map but if you plan update it, one advice don't listen too much our advices, anyway there will always be someone unhappy with the last version you'll do. :D And if someone want something else, he could do his own map!

That said, I'll do my comments anyway :D :
  • My feeling that this map is rather close to be well enough polished. Perhaps you should just find a way to avoid players destroy very fast all dens around. That was a weakness of M1 that's even more a weakness of M2 where dens can have a programmed increasing spawning.
  • For the day start of special waves, it's quite dependent of preference of the player so the best is to document it well and let the player change if he want.
  • For making increased special waves, I'm not sure it worth it if it's too much work.
  • For the guardians change, I think it was better in previous version because the strong den guarding was fun and was making more rude to destroy all dens asap. But I also understand it wasn't a deliberate feature. The point is probably more to take care that more dens have a stronger guarding sooner to avoid let players rush and erase all dens asap. How do it can vary.
  • I noticed you lower spawn time of many dens, now I understand why I had the feeling of getting a constant flow more than in previous version. Myself I prefer when it looks more a bit like waves and with longer spawn time it was working more like that before even if often it wasn't far to generate a flow. Not sure anyone will agree on this.

Once more thank for this very fun map, that's rather impressive achievement and ton of fun hours of plays not yet finished.

When you first start the quest pay attention to the lairs that spawn next to your castle and quickly disappear.
Well, last game they were 4 elemental seats. However; only 1 was on the map; a fire one on the far side of the map. It and it's single Fire Elemental guardian were quickly defeated on day 50.
Well, aside from not sucking I think this has more to do with some people not wishing to revert to the older version of MFKS2. I know I'll give mapmaking a try if there was a good editor in the latest version, and my map would definitely go and suck more than yours... :(
For me it was a very good feature that you complain about and then has been removed.
Meh, it was and still is a bug. I am glad it's gone. I had 4 wolf dens my last game, and the 20 or so guardians around it were more than enough. I would have dreaded the amount there would have been with the old bug. All in all; lair destruction STILL has to be done by in general by ranged attackers to which defenders are oblivious. Especially with the Ice Wizards. Only Wizards, Rangers, Elves and such can get in a hit at all, and are vital to that lairs destruction. Melee attackers get crippled and killed, if they haven't instantly fleed already.

I am fine with the guardians, but it seemed I got attacked a lot less, as in... not at all. That is my issue. Then again I may have gotten unlucky by the RNG. Gonna give it another go now, see if I get luckier.

Okay, nvm... this time the waves were there. They started around day 40, featuring undead, bearman, ogres and elementals. Decided not to destroy any lairs (besides one Dark Portal who kept making my heroes flee, and killed them when it was flagged :(). Placed a Temple to Dauros on that spot, reinforced with 2 Dwarven Towers. It wasn't enough. They broke through and ruined my town on day 88, helped by a dragon wave on day 82. I was already loosing at that point though.

This time started south-west, instead of of north-east. That might have helped too in difficulty, together with that Dark Portal blocking my exploration.

All in all; much more fun than the previous 2 games, even with getting crushed much much sooner.

So I've made an update.

What's new? Delay for evolution of monster dens couldn't be infinite anymore. This make the first wolfes, skellies and serpent attack much much sooner, allowing you to meet them for experience. Also, some dens have an alternate spawn program : In some games, your wolfes will be much numerous, but wandering instead of attacking your city. I also tried to ensure the special attack do not start to early if you don't have cleaned the map of all lair. I can not check the quantity different of 0, because of the limitations which oblige not to test existing building, but existing building of one type (i.e. lair of minotaur). Also, normally some lair will not spawn to close of their neighboor. also dragon lair are kept by serpent.

Okay, nvm... this time the waves were there. They started around day 40, featuring undead, bearman, ogres and elementals. Decided not to destroy any lairs (besides one Dark Portal who kept making my heroes flee, and killed them when it was flagged :(). Placed a Temple to Dauros on that spot, reinforced with 2 Dwarven Towers. It wasn't enough. They broke through and ruined my town on day 88, helped by a dragon wave on day 82. I was already loosing at that point though.

This time started south-west, instead of of north-east. That might have helped too in difficulty, together with that Dark Portal blocking my exploration.

All in all; much more fun than the previous 2 games, even with getting crushed much much sooner.
That could be hazard but I don't remember have get a difficult play with any version of the map when I start north east.

So I've made an update.

What's new? Delay for evolution of monster dens couldn't be infinite anymore. This make the first wolfes, skellies and serpent attack much much sooner, allowing you to meet them for experience. Also, some dens have an alternate spawn program : In some games, your wolfes will be much numerous, but wandering instead of attacking your city. I also tried to ensure the special attack do not start to early if you don't have cleaned the map of all lair. I can not check the quantity different of 0, because of the limitations which oblige not to test existing building, but existing building of one type (i.e. lair of minotaur). Also, normally some lair will not spawn to close of their neighboor. also dragon lair are kept by serpent.
Cool let try the new version! :D