• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I tried again my first attempt with a save load and failed two more time, each when the Baron of Logic was on the map. I tried a new game, at a much better position, north east, I had clean half of the map and explore 3/4 and was taking my time in a game already win... when the Baron of Logic came again... and I lost at day 90. I reload a save and hurry destroy all dens still on the map and clean it. I wait the Baron of Logic but get various waves of other other type until I stop this play. I got the Demon Advisor at same time than the Skeleton King, probably only few days between the two spawns but I saw the spawn of the Skeleton King and then notice a red dot coming to town, the Demon Advisor coming and that had destroyed a mage tower and a tradpost at border of the map. I beat them both but had no more dens on map, it was day 85/90.

Some feedback about the new version:
  • Now dens aren't guarded or almost, not cool. The previous guarding behavior was much better and quite original.
  • Some waves generated by dens seems have changed and all in all the changes seems cool.
  • The special waves starting at day 70 is an excellent modification, and the rate that can be rather high is a good thing too. The only point is perhaps have few level of difficulty of the waves to, for example, not get the Baron at day 70. Eventually the Baron, Demon Advisor, and some custom waves with the highest difficulty could be generated only if very few dens are up, like 3 at max.
  • I'm not sure that this is new special waves but I quote many new waves I hadn't seen before. That's rather cool.
  • The generation of tradepost was very good and seems even better, but once I quote a Rogues house with no tradepost under it.
  • The generation of temples seems improved but I feel we could get some more and some closer with no guard a bit like tradepost.
  • I quote you can lost your castle and continue play. Not sure if it's good or not.
  • I quote the graveyard is a friendly building so you can set a defense flag on it. Well in fact I found this cool.
  • The random generation of gold at startup seems to work very well now. At my second game I got 8k and get elf guild rather soon (skip various improvements for that).

Overall very good job on a map already very good, the unexpected waves behavior is in fact very good and could be keep with only some adjustments related to difficulty management. The only real dark point of this version, for me, is the new dens guarding behavior.

I like this update a lot. Being able to load a save is obviously the best part but the color change is nice as well. After playing it a few times it seems a lot easier but that may be because I modded my files to make my heroes do more on their own. They took down The Rat King and The Skeleton King without a single flag. Maybe improving the AI wasn't such a good idea...

That group of rats is crazy, how many are there? When they popped up on the map it brought my computer to its knees. I guess it's time to convince my old lady to fund some upgrades. :D

So you tried improve heroes AI, well the depth of the kingdom's life is far to match Majesty 1 but it's still interesting to see new behaviors. Can't you share your modifications? And did you succeed improving the exploration behavior?

In fact in empty map I quote some heroes explore a lot, well rangers at least, if they don't as much in a non empty maps it's because they have to manage a higher density density of enemies.

After playing it a few times it seems a lot easier but that may be because I modded my files to make my heroes do more on their own....
I don't think this version is easier, I think it's the reverse.

For the easier part:
* The mass guarding has been removed.
* Much more temple are generated.
* In average you start with more gold.

For the harder part:
* I bet that waves generated by dens has been made stronger but for few.
* Much more dens get a guard much sooner making killing dens asap much less easy.
* I think the number of dens generated is a bit higher.
* Bears Dens chance to be generated has certainly been reduced. They was hard to manage but the monsters that replace them are most often harder.
* At day 70 you start getting special waves and the mass of rats is one of the easiest new waves but there are many other including the Baron of Logic, different group of elementals, and more that are quite harder.

There's so much random from one game to another including for a difficulty point of view that it's hard to be sure. But my feeling is it tends to be harder despite the mass guarding has been removed.

Now a more efficient heroes behavior could make a difference but if you share your mod perhaps I'll find this version easier too. :D

Just a heads up, I kept restarting the mission till I got 7k starting gold and saved that immediately before the buildings surrounding the palace disappeared. Now if loading the mission they don't disappear. Don't think it needs a fix, just a note for fellow players to be careful when they save.

With a previous version I did something similar but saved a bit later than you did and end with a map with no den.

For choosing your initial amount of gold, the more simple is to use a sample cheat. Start the map, start your first buildings, before the first finish to be build save and quit.

Then open the file:
My Documents/majesty2/profiles/0/saves/singles/saveXXX/mission.sav

Search kingdomtreasure until two lines above you have : {humanplayer 1}

At kingdomtreasure line you have "money" and a number. Just change this number to fake a start with some more gold when you'll load the save.

I would notice that waves in standard dens as frequency and quantity, and probability of getting this or this kind of den, are not changed since the first release. If you feel it harder now, it's because you probably got unlucky in games. Don't worry : bad luck at game, good luck at love!
So now I've got more time to discuss about it, Could you explain the kind of variety from den spawn you should like to see in the next release.

I would notice that waves in standard dens as frequency and quantity, and probability of getting this or this kind of den, are not changed since the first release. If you feel it harder now, it's because you probably got unlucky in games. Don't worry : bad luck at game, good luck at love!
So now I've got more time to discuss about it, Could you explain the kind of variety from den spawn you should like to see in the next release.

Lol, ok, I played about 10 times the previous versions and always got many bears. I played 4 times this version and only got very few bears. Anyway the game is really harder only because of the special waves starting at day 70. I didn't finish many games before day 70.

You also didn't changed holy sites density? I also felt a strong difference with previous versions.

For the dens diversity, well am I alone to feel it would be more cool? I'm not sure it worth it. I feel also more important to tune the special waves and to come back in part to dens better guarded a bit like before.

For the Dens variations the point isn't only the waves but also the guarding. I understand that different sort of waves are build through multiple dens combinations but for the Guarding, close dens mimic only partially a den guarding diversity. So for dens waves:
  • All waves aim the closer target, buildings or heroes, with eventually a preference for heroes and higher number of heroes. That's cool but have also waves only targeting the town center would be nice.
  • Ogres, are Ogres waves necessary involve sleeping so there's wave only if very close to town? The would be cool to have Ogres waves targeting like other waves ie no sleep. and not only waves of 1 Ogres but also at least up to 2.
  • Wandering waves: the only wandering waves I quote was Ogres. If possible few other monsters could behave a bit like that, for example some rare Lich wandering aimlessly or some rare black bears.
  • I feel there was very few Lich. Some zombies dens could have later one Lich or two, if I'm not wrong they have the same speed and similar walking.
  • Eventually some dens could be Lich only for guarding and waves.
  • Waves of Rats and Ratmen (or Ratmen only). There's no standard Dens for them but wolves dens could be used for them too.
  • Using Ice Mage for some waves or wandering waves.
  • In previous version one den had a bug. He was a Ghosts den generating some ghost then later some Ogres, later again some Ghosts, and so on. In fact the idea was cool. To match better the dens themes it could be switch between Ghosts and Lich for example, or between Zombies and Ghosts.
  • If possible few dens of enemy heroes, not sure what the result could be. The Werewolfe house or Pyramid could be used for their dens for example.
  • If possible some dens of various Goblins (those working well), Pyramid or Dragon dens could be use as their den.
  • About elementals dens, some could spawn more kids instead of spawning more stronger elementals. Some could mix Lightning elementals and Fire Elementals.

About dens guarding:
  • The first point is that the new version of the map seems to have removed the strong guarding, perhaps this could be restored at least partially or only for some dens. For example some Bears dens could be heavily guarded when some other not as much.
  • Ghosts dens guarding: some with mostly ghosts, some other with more Lich and less ghosts.
  • Werewolves Den guarding, some with only one Werewolves but with Old Wolves too.
  • Skeletons dens guarding, some with Archer/Sniper with zombies, some other with Skeleton and Veteran only, some other with Archer and Sniper only.
  • One Dragon guarding some Dragons dens or many flying snakes guarding some Dragons dens.
  • More diversity in Elementals dens guarding, some with mixed guards or some guarded only by kids but more of them when the guarding need to be raised.

About the special waves:
  • The current management is too random it's like if for some dens you start randomly with 3 dragons at day 5.
  • Categorize special waves in 3 levels of difficulty. For example:
    • Level 1 special waves will be used between day 70 and 90 if there's at least 7 dens still on map,
    • Level 2 special waves will be used:
      • Between day 70 and 90 is there's between 4 and 6 dens still on map.
      • Between day 91 and 110 if there's at least 4 dens on map.
      • Between day Between day 111 and 130 if there's at least 8 dens on Map
    • Level 3 special waves will be used:
      • Between day 70 and 110 if there's 3 or less dens on Map
      • Between day 111 and 130 if there's 7 or less dens on Map
      • Above day 131.
  • Another point is to compute all the random of special waves at the start of the map like it's done for dens. That will make more similar a reload and if you want diversify, just start a new game like for getting new dens setup.
  • And a last point, currently it's like if there's a special waves every 5 days, I even get 2 ogre bosses at same time as I hadn't finish killed the first when the second arrived! This could be a bit too much, 7/10 days at least between two special waves could be better, perhaps.

EDIT: I really don't request any of those changes it's just some idea if you want use them. But there's 3 changes I really request (well I won't whine if my requests aren't answered) it's:
  • Some tuning of the special waves to manage some difficulty level.
  • If possible about them that their random is compute at start of the map, like up to day 300.
  • That at least some dens get back the previous strong guarding or close to what it was.

Last edited:
So for example, you would like to see normal dens randomizing in one branch of spawn. for example :
wolf den, 1 randomly choose on 3 :
1. Early waves of basic wolves, few guards, growing up in number but normal wolfes att all
2. Well protected den, generating later waves of mixed wolfes and old wolves, this waves growing up in difficulty. Possibly at day 75+ a werewolf could be added.
3. Correctly protected dens, release one or two attacking wolves, and a growing quantity of wandering wolfes and old wolfes.
Could be a bit complicated to encode but could be fun

So you tried improve heroes AI, well the depth of the kingdom's life is far to match Majesty 1 but it's still interesting to see new behaviors. Can't you share your modifications? And did you succeed improving the exploration behavior?

In fact in empty map I quote some heroes explore a lot, well rangers at least, if they don't as much in a non empty maps it's because they have to manage a higher density density of enemies.

I'll tell you all the changes I made. I don't know the specifics of what some of the settings do but overall these changes are a vast improvement. I just played multiplayer with the original files and hated it because my heroes were retarded. These changes only improve hero AI when they are "looking for adventure." They attack monsters on their own, defend the city, explore, pick up more treasure chests, etc. but they still shop and go home at inappropriate times and become blind when in these modes.

All the files are in the Resource.pak inside your Majesty 2 folder.

1. resource.pak\game data\units\rpg_params.xml

Inside this file you will see each individual hero listed. Find the parameters called f_minDistance and f_maxDistance for each hero. I recommend Microsoft Word or a similar program for XML files, the formatting is a lot better than notepad. Anyway, I changed the minDistance to 30 and maxDistance to 60 for Rangers, Elves, Helia, and Beastmasters. For everyone else I made it 15 and 20 (ranger's default values).

This accomplishes two things. Your heroes will explore on their own but more importantly it puts them into "looking for adventure" more often. Since the changes only affect them in that mode it's crucial to keep them in it as long as possible.

2. resource.pak\entity\units\heroes

From here you have to go into each hero's individual folder and open the "extenders" folder. Open the file called "sensor" and change the parameter ViewRadius. This affects how far your heroes can see, the larger the number the more they react to treasure chests and monsters. I changed it from the default 25 to 185. 185 lets them see about 2 guilds away which seemed about right to me. You have to change each individual hero.

3. resource.pak\entity\units\heroes

Again open the "extenders" folder for each hero but this time open the file called "AI." You'll see two parameters called cl_dist and cl_danger. The comments next to cl_dist roughly translate to "reaction up to the distance" and the comments next to cl_danger roughly translate to "reaction to the danger." I have no clue what they mean exactly but I significantly increased them for each hero. I added 20.0 to cl_dist and 5.0 to cl_danger. All I know is that with these higher numbers my heroes are more aggressive.

Also in the same AI file find the parameter "sleep_in_guild" and change it from 7.0 to 0.5 . Do this for each hero and they'll spend more time outside of their guild protecting the town or exploring.

I've made other changes but I think those are all the ones that apply to AI. It's not perfect but IMO it's much better than the default AI. At least they react to things around them with these values.

I enjoyed this map, liked the difficulty of the waves

Maybe some could start sooner as i found myself waiting for the first one to come. Or maybe as suggested increasing difficulty of waves as you progress in days/ cleared dens.

Overall: Nice Work!

@ItsEggrollTime:
Thanks for the information. I see how it could perhaps make some play easier, like with the sleep time reducing and more reactive heroes. I'll try it for curiosity. I tried the attempt of AI change made by TVRemote but well it turned in some Bay of the Day tries in a very high number of rangers death so I removed it. Perhaps your suggestions will work better.

So for example, you would like to see normal dens randomizing in one branch of spawn. for example :
wolf den, 1 randomly choose on 3 :
1. Early waves of basic wolves, few guards, growing up in number but normal wolfes att all
2. Well protected den, generating later waves of mixed wolfes and old wolves, this waves growing up in difficulty. Possibly at day 75+ a werewolf could be added.
3. Correctly protected dens, release one or two attacking wolves, and a growing quantity of wandering wolfes and old wolfes.
Could be a bit complicated to encode but could be fun
Well I don't know how your overall system work but there's already somehow random dens. Why not just add more possible dens, like the one you quote?

Other than that that's totally the idea, well depending of what you mean with few guards, well protected and correctly protected. But yep that's that, vary a bit:
  • Guarding level and eventually composition.
  • Waves behavior (like now/wandering/straight to town) and eventually composition.
  • Use a bit more some monsters, a bit more Lich, some dens of Goblins.

And about waves no changes?

I have one question about those. I saw the waves definitions in the save files. As in my current game I enjoyed the play but the random of waves too soon was too much for me I tried change their definition in the save file. I only changed count and "max count" for most waves and for most waves bosses I replaced the contents with the contents of another wave and took care when there was a tag to make it unique for duplicates and to not broke any "target a_tag".

But by roughly dividing per two the numbers it seems I have broken the waves and that now there's none or too small to be noticed. In waves I changed I used also one with beast_wolfman, and one with 2 logovo_vampire (supposed it was the mini boss vampire).

Any tips about customizing the waves?

I enjoyed this map, liked the difficulty of the waves

Maybe some could start sooner as i found myself waiting for the first one to come. Or maybe as suggested increasing difficulty of waves as you progress in days/ cleared dens.

Overall: Nice Work!

Sig! You want the Baron of Logic at day 60??? Or even day 50?
el_kloklo can't you make a special version for sjoerd with some waves with two Baron of Logic or something like that since day 40? ;)

Hey Analad, if you don't mind waiting I can save you some effort. I will upload my files with the changes in about 12 hours. They include everything I listed plus working fear flags, easier party selection (heroes can be selected without walking to the inn), more efficient tax collectors (increased viewing radius, closer buildings), faster mini-map movement, the ability to zoom in closer and zoom out further, and probably some other things I'm forgetting. Closer buildings also decrease frustration by not having the player randomly click around trying to place a building.

I'll upload them in a new topic, I don't want to hijack this one.

I'll try it for curiosity. I tried the attempt of AI change made by TVRemote but well it turned in some Bay of the Day tries in a very high number of rangers death so I removed it.

I haven't tried his changes but I do know that I don't have this problem with mine. I can see how heroes would die more if all he did was increase their exploration. Mine are more aware and aggressive than the default heroes so they run away from powerful monsters faster and attack weaker monsters more often, resulting in them gaining a few levels before venturing far into the wilderness.

Last edited:
Regarding the map, I can't get over how much fun it is. The random lair locations alone significantly add to the replay value. Unfortunately, after playing it many times I now see why the developers didn't make maps with a lot of hills. Building on hills can sometimes alter the terrain in a way that makes your heroes stupidly walk back and forth or even get stuck. Usually the terrain just flattens out and doesn't cause any problems but sometimes the terrain moves up and puts a building on top of a larger hill. I had to restart my last game because it did this when I built my clerics guild. After recruiting 3 clerics they just walked back and forth in place and were unable to climb down the hill. The SE corner is very bad with this and probably should be toned down.

Oh, and the map needs more dragons. You can never have enough dragons :)

If you want to tune easily your wave, look (in .mi) for ## "invasion activation", and change {"delay_days" 65} to an higher value. Later you will find the test of delaying, but it seems they do not work at all. That's a task I have to do :). Whatever, I would probably tune diversly the wave, using a wave of two elemental or one dragon in the first days of invasion, and use later the med waves, and at the end the peer of baron of logic.

notice that logovo_**** refer to the den of monsters, so I don't know what you changed of your vampires ;).

@el_kloklo: Thanks for the tips, I have saw the 65 value but didn't want first push later the waves but tune down them. But now you quote it, that's certainly the more simple to do for me.

For the mini boss vampire I saw him once spawned close to my town in a play I did with your map. But I didn't succeed find where this was defined, how do you define him? It's possible that this den error I did broke something in waves. Are the count and "max count" define the exact number spawned if they are equal?

Just curious, why the same series of tests for waves are repeated multiple time? Is this normal that for the wave #6 the count is higher than the max? And is this normal that you used the tag for minotaurs two times, it seems involved standard minotaurs defend themselves too.

Well I don't want to make you lost time on you effort to tune the waves. :D

Hey Analad, if you don't mind waiting I can save you some effort. I will upload my files with the changes in about 12 hours....
Cool those are good features, well myself I don't have problems with fear flag but well cheap fear flags won't hurt anything.

I haven't tried his changes but I do know that I don't have this problem with mine. I can see how heroes would die more if all he did was increase their exploration. Mine are more aware and aggressive than the default heroes so they run away from powerful monsters faster and attack weaker monsters more often, resulting in them gaining a few levels before venturing far into the wilderness.
Well I tried change the files you listed. I didn't applied exactly the changes you quoted but values was close to what you suggested:
  • I did f_minDistance and f_maxDistance values multiplied by 2, ie close to your suggestions.
  • ViewRadius to 180 (instead of 185). I feel this number very big in comparison to original value, for me heroes see 1 guild away with the original value.
  • For cl_dist and cl_danger I multiplied by 5, and by 10 for cl_danger when value was 0.1 or 0.05.
  • For sleep time I used 1.0.
I tried it with a game already started with a temple close to be build. I had replayed a lot this save and with the changes my 2 newly recruited priestess of Krypta get killed very very fast. I played this many times including with very similar approach than what I did for this test play and I never got a priestess of Krypta dead in this part of the game.

Could be just hazard or the values not fully the same. Do you ever play priestess of Krypta? They are naturally very aggressive and it's possible that those changes need some tuning for them.

Sorry I don't use krypta because they're terrible. They need to be buffed and Paladins need to be nerfed but I'm waiting for the patch before I make any changes. Try playing a map from the beginning instead of starting from the middle, you may have to re-learn how to play with your heroes acting so differently. I also never recruit lv 1 temple heroes, I always promote. Low level heroes will always be fragile and priestesses are probably like wizards. Try changing their file to make them flee at less than 50% health instead of the default value (20%?). I did this for wizards because 20% was too low. It's not a bad thing that your lv 1 priestesses died after the changes in spots they didn't before. Obviously adding independence and aggression will put them in danger more often, as opposed to the old way of walking in circles around the guild ignoring their surroundings. But once they gain a few levels the added benefits are well worth it. Ideally, every hero should be tweaked with different values to fit their class. I gave everybody the exact same changes as a placeholder and I planned on going back to make every class act differently, but the announcement of the patch forced me to put them on hold.

For cl_dist and cl_danger I multiplied by 5, and by 10 for cl_danger when value was 0.1 or 0.05.

Does that mean that 0.1 was changed to 0.5 (5x)? I originally made small changes like that but noticed very little difference which is why I added 20 and 5. So 3.6 cl_dist became 23.6 and 0.1 cl_danger became 5.1

I feel this number very big in comparison to original value,

If your goal is to replicate the independence of Majesty 1's heroes you'll find that you need very big changes for certain values. The heroes in M2 are toned down, A LOT, and some values need significant increases. Others only need small changes like +/- 0.1 but you have to experiment to see what is needed. There are other values that affect AI if you want to mess around with them, I only changed a few of them.

Well sorry for not sticking fully well to this topic, the onky link is the few tests I did was with a play with this map.

Sorry I don't use krypta because they're terrible. They need to be buffed and Paladins need to be nerfed but I'm waiting for the patch before I make any changes...I also never recruit lv 1 temple heroes, I always promote... Low level heroes will always be fragile and priestesses are probably like wizards.
I'm using very often Krypta and they are very solid in fact and despite they like a lot to fight. I don't baby sit them and death is extremely rare. No they aren't at all like wizards and they also don't have the unique fire power wizards have. Promote is an idea but temple heroes are so strong and level up so fast that I feel this a waste.

It's not a bad thing that your lv 1 priestesses died after the changes in spots they didn't before.
In fact my feeling was wrong, I got those two death in a row because of some flags used (making heroes ignoring more the strong threat around and attack more den involving a rather dangerous case for low level krypta attracted to attack den, with no drain life opportunity and some strong thread close by (Elemental and Ogres).

The differences are difficult to quote for this save because there's not many heroes and many threat and tasks to manage, involving too many flags, too many to let the changes show the differences.

Try playing a map from the beginning instead of starting from the middle, you may have to re-learn how to play with your heroes acting so differently.
Yes that is certainly the main point. I use quite a lot the flags and often many at same time and since I'm replaying the game I don't recruit many heroes. With different rules and more reactive and aggressive heroes, it's quite possible that best approach are different. For example to get more heroes and get used to use less flags.

Try changing their file to make them flee at less than 50% health instead of the default value (20%?). I did this for wizards because 20% was too low.
That is a flee limit? I beleived it was more a potion use limit.

Ideally, every hero should be tweaked with different values to fit their class. I gave everybody the exact same changes as a placeholder and I planned on going back to make every class act differently, but the announcement of the patch forced me to put them on hold.
Yes I understand that and thanks to have share before some changes you tested.

Does that mean that 0.1 was changed to 0.5 (5x)? I originally made small changes like that but noticed very little difference which is why I added 20 and 5. So 3.6 cl_dist became 23.6 and 0.1 cl_danger became 5.1.
For the values of cl_danger 0.1 and 0.05 I changed them to 1 other was multiplied by 5.
But I redo all changes and made them like you explained for cl_dist an cl_danger. Other was already quite close to values you quoted.

If your goal is to replicate the independence of Majesty 1's heroes you'll find that you need very big changes for certain values. The heroes in M2 are toned down, A LOT, and some values need significant increases. Others only need small changes like +/- 0.1 but you have to experiment to see what is needed. There are other values that affect AI if you want to mess around with them, I only changed a few of them.
Well the small wrong test I did show how difficult it is to tune that sort of stuff.

About having more reactive and more aggressive heroes without requiring flags, that is certainly compatible (with some other changes) to existing maps and gameplay. One disturbing point is how they are slow to defend town and attack monsters nearby. I quote a parameter in ai.inc file, which is probably linked to town defense. I also notices a parameter that seems linked to protect against thieves except I didn't notice any enemy thieving, perhaps it's only how much reactive they are to town rats.

About having real M1 behaviors well I doubt it will really work without many other deep changes in the game and heroes are only a part in this. For example most current maps would not work with M1 behaviors. Also heroes are cheaper to produce in M1 and there's a much stronger random part in fights involving the possibility of few heroes surviving big threats when in M2 you can't really play on this because the chance part in fights is much more small. And many more.

Sig! You want the Baron of Logic at day 60??? Or even day 50?
el_kloklo can't you make a special version for sjoerd with some waves with two Baron of Logic or something like that since day 40?

Well i wouldnt mind any of the other waves then the baron of logic at day 50 or so, but that is just my preference. Baron of logic that soon might be a bit too much:wacko:, but it would be a nice challange to get the bear or rat wave that quick...

edit: played the map again, and got three barons in a row, that kind of was harsh didn't make that one:)...

Last edited:
That is a flee limit? I beleived it was more a potion use limit.

You can set both but they're in different files. I don't recall exactly where it's located so you may have to dig around. Also, I know I said I'd upload my files but I accidently deleted them. Last night I was trying to shrink the interface and I failed miserably because all of my heroes and buildings turned into flashing squares. So I replaced my resource.pak with a backup of the original but I forgot to backup my changed files before doing it. Sorry. If anyone knows how to shrink the oversized interface (especially the portraits in the upper right corner) please let me know how.

Day of the Bay has been a great learning experience. It has definitely made it apparent that Majesty 2 needs some more randomized elements, but at the same time it has revealed the need for limited randomization instead of complete randomization. We now know that random lair placement is good, as are random trading post locations. But random holy ground locations can be troublesome if they spawn too far from the town, and the number of holy grounds and trading posts should never include 0 in the RNG. I also think future maps should have a more controlled approach to random waves of monsters for better difficulty balance. Getting hit with a weak wave like 200 rats would be far more exciting on day 20 or 30 than it currently is on day 75+. A tier system for waves similar to The Fertile Plains (M1) would keep the game exciting and challenging. Weak waves would strike early, followed by medium ones, and ending with strong ones or bosses. The exact day of a wave could still be partially random by giving it a range of days to spawn but weak would always come before strong. Slightly overlapping the random numbers for each wave could provide some games where a 2nd wave strikes just as the player is defeating the 1st, while other games would have a gap between waves. The difficulty would still be random but in a much more controlled manner.

I don't know if this is possible in Majesty 2 but then again I don't really know what to believe about the game anymore. I could have sworn the developers stated that random lair locations weren't possible due to the engine, but el_kloklo has proven with this map that it can be done.