- Oct 2, 2009
Yes, very interesting in case I (or anybody) would try use a similar system with another map base. Just three points:
- You didn't answer one point, where's the loop for the invasion cycles? Or are special waves end at a point?
- For the lairs testing I'm not sure to have understand. I understand the limit but not why how you test some den types replace a count. Your test is a "or" on 5 or more types of dens, if the 5 exists or only one it's the same result. But well I see how complicate it is with the apparent limits of the scripting language. I'll try dig a little around this myself that's an interesting problem.
- For the early spawn of den that's a weird bug, I see you used sometime full health and if that doesn't work it's a bug.
- Invasion are activated by "invasion activation", but there are generated by "invasion cycle #". There are three main steps of this trigger, first, delaying the wave, randomly. Secondly, Spawn a lair at a random location of border map. I would probably have used the null spawner, but this one seems to be unable to spawn via trigger. Third phase, you set the spawn prog of the wave, and destroy the den. Now you have a wave which follow its goals at defined in invasion_## from spawn progs.
- For the big or, I perfectly know that I'm screwed if there are various building types. But as I said, you must specify the kind of building for your test. There is no variable which said player # possesses ## buildings. Another way to do it is to test the tag, but in the map as it was created, it the same case. But if I would create a new map, I would have search a way to tag all lair with the same tag.
- Full health condition trigger doesn't work everytime. I don't know if it is my old version of the game, or something else I done wrong, but I am unable to spawn full health lair before the first 10 seconds of the game.