• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You localisation strings seem correct though, as compared to those in apocalypse_l_english and l_english files.
Did you try to comment out HUMAN4 and check if HUMAN5 is clear?
Thank you for your reply. I eventually stopped trying to fix the localisation file and instead deleted the mod and recreated it in the launcher. That fixed the issue. So my gut feeling was probably wrong and it was instead some problem in the mod id file instead, not in the localisation. It was just a coincidence that the issue occurred after I changed the location file.

And unrelated follow-up: what's up with the steam workshop and the thumbnails? What would be so hard about letting us upload a thumbnail directly unto steam?

Well, according to save games, solar systems are numbered and stored (I guess this means: generated) at random (be it by location, ownership, even category (i.e. leviathan, ai system, ...)).
Then, their details (space objects, planetary features) seem to be stored player's empire first; perhaps this mean that they are also generated in this order.
Perhaps, you could peer at game saved at day 1, to have a better idea of galactic generation.

Reactions:
Well, according to save games, solar systems are numbered and stored (I guess this means: generated) at random (be it by location, ownership, even category (i.e. leviathan, ai system, ...)).
Then, their details (space objects, planetary features) seem to be stored player's empire first; perhaps this mean that they are also generated in this order.
Perhaps, you could peer at game saved at day 1, to have a better idea of galactic generation.

Thanks! It does look like the player's solar system is the first to spawn, which is immensely helpful for what I plan to do.

Salutations,

I was trying to update a small mod of mine with a new string of code referenced in the Dev Diary #182 for better overall performance. I ran into a roadblock, however. I have two sections of code:
Code:
    demand = {
        title = "CITIZEN_DIVIDEND"
        unfulfilled_title = "CITIZEN_DIVIDEND"
        desc = "CITIZEN_DIVIDEND_DESC"

fulfilled_effect = 10
        unfulfilled_effect = -0.001

potential = {
            exists = owner
        }

trigger = {
            owner = {
                NOT = { 
                    any_owned_pop = {
                        has_citizenship_type = { country = from type = citizenship_full }
                            OR = {
                            has_living_standard = { type = living_standard_stratified }
                            has_living_standard = { type = living_standard_academic_privilege }
                            has_living_standard = { type = living_standard_normal }
                            has_living_standard = { type = living_standard_subsistence }
                            has_living_standard = { type = living_standard_shared_burden }
                            has_living_standard = { type = living_standard_none }
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
and
Code:
    demand = {
        title = "CITIZEN_NATURAL_RIGHTS"
        unfulfilled_title = "CITIZEN_VIOLATED_RIGHTS"
        desc = "CITIZEN_NATURAL_RIGHTS_DESC"

fulfilled_effect = 10
        unfulfilled_effect = -25

potential = {
            exists = owner
        }

trigger = {
            owner = {
                NOT = {
                    any_owned_pop = {
                            has_citizenship_type = { country = from type = citizenship_full }
                            OR = {
                                AND = {
                                    has_migration_control = yes
                                    is_robot_pop = no
                                }
                            is_enslaved = yes
                            is_being_purged = yes
                            has_population_control = yes
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
I was trying to replace the any_owned_pop line with any_owned_species and the code essentially stopped working. The first demand remained "green" while living standards were just decent, and I switched on migration controls and the second also stayed "green." They both work fine with any_owned_pop, but I'd like to make things more efficient here if possible. Is this one case where any_owned_species is not a valid scope?

I'm currently running Ariphaos unofficial patch, and I've noticed that the AI will not colonize low habitability planets. According to the patch notes, this is because Ariphaos prevented the AI from colonizing below 50% habitability. I'd like to undo this because it absolutely cripples the AI (they'll have like 1-5 planets by 2250 while I'll have 15-20) but I can't figure out where to change this. Does anyone know what file determines habitability thresholds for AI colonization?

Hello all,

Is there a way to customize a country modifier general tooltip ?

I made a starbase module that adds a specific amount to the empire admin capacity via the
Code:
country_admin_cap_add
modifier.
When all my starbases have such modifiers, it appears like this (with starbase module name) which makes sens has they all add the same modifier

1601308459741.png

However i'd like to add the source (star system name) to the modifier effect.

The usage of
Code:
custom_tooltip
is no good has it only applies to the tooltip of the starbase module itself and not to the associated modifier

I could add, to the name of the module the name of the hosting star system (with brackets [] system) but i can"t find the correct scope

Is there a way to achieve this please ?

Thanks !

Last edited:
Ah well. As you want only one, totaling, occurrence of roberto_modifier in the Empire Sprawl tooltip, what about building it the other way? I'm not a modder, but wouldn't it be possible to define one empire modifier by counting the number of administration buildings on each owned starbase (of minimal required level)? Perhaps even using a fleet flag "has_administration_building" to have a handy limit check, to reduce the computing stress for large empires (I don't know)?

Ah well. As you want only one, totaling, occurrence of roberto_modifier in the Empire Sprawl tooltip, what about building it the other way? I'm not a modder, but wouldn't it be possible to define one empire modifier by counting the number of administration buildings on each owned starbase (of minimal required level)? Perhaps even using a fleet flag "has_administration_building" to have a handy limit check, to reduce the computing stress for large empires (I don't know)?
It would, indeed, be possible and limit the number of modifiers to only one however you would have to deal manually with starbases destroyed/captured by another empire along with modules removal for instance. That's what i think i'll try

Thanks

Does anyone knows how to mod the minimum orbit distance of planets from its star? Or of the distance between binary stars?

I modded the stars max size from 35 to 75 and now sometimes the 1st planet is too close or binary stars touch each other.

I thought maybe it would be on '00_defines.txt' but the closest I found there it's "PLANET_ORBIT_DISTANCE_MIN_SIZE" and that doesn't seem to be it.

Does anyone knows how to mod the minimum orbit distance of planets from its star? Or of the distance between binary stars?

I modded the stars max size from 35 to 75 and now sometimes the 1st planet is too close or binary stars touch each other.

I thought maybe it would be on '00_defines.txt' but the closest I found there it's "PLANET_ORBIT_DISTANCE_MIN_SIZE" and that doesn't seem to be it.

In 00_defines, change SYSTEM_SPACE_SCALE_MULT from 10 to a higher number of your choosing. This will "scale up" solar systems, making the distances seem greater while not changing travel time, engagement range, etc.

Reactions:
In 00_defines, change SYSTEM_SPACE_SCALE_MULT from 10 to a higher number of your choosing. This will "scale up" solar systems, making the distances seem greater while not changing travel time, engagement range, etc.

Thanks, but it doesn't work because it does make things farther away from each other in a solar system but it seems the game can't handle it because the things that are closer just get further away but the things far away like the stuff in the in the solar system get their places all messed up. For some reason the asteroid belts are indeed where they're suppose to be unlike everything else.

1601415751239.png

Last edited: