• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
who knows how pop spawned armies works ?

I have created custom army and this army works with script: create_army without any problems...
But i want pop_spawned version

so, code of custom army is:

custom_army = {
...... (stats) .......
defensive = yes
is_pop_spawned = yes

potential_country = {
is_country_type = pirate
}
}

then i have changed 1 row in the soldiers job:

possible = { always = yes }

Then i have changed owner of the colony to pirate country. Soldiers continued to work inside colony, but they have stopped to spawn armies.

Why they didn't spawn custom armies ?

when soldiers have:

pop_modifier = {
pop_defense_armies_add = 3
}

and custom_army have:

defensive = yes
is_pop_spawned = yes

what is wrong in this situation ? Also i have tried to copy all modules from primitive country_type to pirate country_type. Because, primitive - can spawn armies.
but this dosen't change anything... soldiers didn't spawn custom armies at all.

who knows how pop_spawned_armies mechanics works pls explain me, where is my mistake.

Last edited:
Ok guys. I need help again. I test one feature.

Eg. I have a basic organic leader with ID=0. In early game.
I want to add some traits to him.
I open the console and type some commands like this:
1. add_trait_leader 0 leader_trait_synth 2. add_trait_leader 0 leader_trait_cyborg 3. add_trait_leader 0 leader_trait_psionic
When I did first and second step it's ok. Traits have apeared.
But when i'm trying to add Psionic trait nothing is happening.
When i remove eg., synth trait and try to add psionic trait again. Nothing is happening again. I just lose synth trait. Psionic trait doesnt appears.

Wtf is going on? Why does not it work?

Has there been some changes to federations recently (in the last half year or so)?

I just joined a 3 member federation with my 6 subjects, and totally used my superior voting power to kick out the original members and usurped the federation for myself could not help but notice that the original members were highly unpopular with my subjects and were quickly persuaded to leave.

A few months later, another empire offered me federation association. I first thought that I had misread and the empire wanted associate membership, but it was actually me who would be the associate. My federation apparently had disbanded when I wasn't looking.

Is this intended? The strategy worked well before, but I see how it could be considered totally somewhat gamey, so I can see why it might have been patched out.

TLDR: Do federations which only consist of one independent empire and all its vassals automatically disband now?

Edit: Nevermind, I've figured it out. I also changed federation types, and all types other than hegemony now don't include subjects by default. So when I switched types, I unintentionally kicked all of my subjects, leaving me as the sole federation member which caused the federation to disband.

Last edited:
Last edited:
How do I check if a mod or DLC is installed?

Colony development time, what do I need to change to eliminate the mechanic which slows it down based on population? Is that just one of the two scaling sliders for pop or some hack buried within?

Try raising the Carrying Capacity of the colony by some absurd number. That should prevent the logistic ceiling from being applied.

Some mods set flags for this, like has_global_flag = ariphaos_unofficial_patch_installed

• 1Like
Reactions: