• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

littleraskol

First Lieutenant
25 Badges
May 29, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
PW7u7bD.png

(Graphic design is my passion.)

A grab bag of new civics and government types. This has been my main modding project since Spring 2017 and I've been updating and improving it since then. With the release of the Stellaris anniversary patch I figured why not make a thread for it here? (Then it got gobbled up by the server glitch, RIP.)

Most of the documentation is on Steam so that's where all the links will lead. Find it on Steam here. (PDX mods link whenever I upload there.)

New Civics
cPkR7mF.png
eFVG3ox.png

ie0TmbO.png
xuNbc6g.png

A total of 62 new civics, broken down into 7 origins, 20 normal civics, 19 hive civics, 14 machine civics, and 2 megacorp civics. (This last category will grow.) There are so many they have their own dedicated civics thread.

New Origins
T2Z8m0V.png

Listed with the Civics above, I added seven new origins and three more are on the way. Origins take a lot of time to do right but they've been some of the most fun and challenging things I've modded, so I hope my subscribers are enjoying them.

New Governments
RSWbIXO.png

Around 75 new governments (I may have lost count at some point!) spread across nearly all authority types and combining vanilla and GVP-added civics. They are also listed in their own thread. The requirements for making them are in the first reply to that thread.

Special Thanks

ICONS
Wanna give a HUGE THANK YOU to Meltup for making unique icons for the new civics. They look cool and I am super happy someone stepped up to help out with this.

Other Contributors
Steam user Namazuo "Horse Poop" Toushiro came up with something like 17 new government suggestions that were all awesome, I added them and they served as the inspiration for a few more.

Compatibility and Patches

This mod only adds new things to the game, in new files. There's no possibility of my mod conflicting with another due to both editing base game files, and will only conflict with other mods if for some reason another mod has files with the exact same names in the same places as this in mod. However, if a mod radically changes the way ethics work (especially renaming the base ethics), compatibility will be shaky at best. There's also no guarantee that combinations of mod-added features will "play nice" or be balanced against/with each other in game.

There is one compatibility patch: Ethics & Civics Overhaul/Government Variety Pack Patch for the Ethics and Civics Classic and Alternative mods.

There are a few patches and other versions of this mod. These all require the main GVP mod (this), and do nothing but selectively remove features. If you want all the features of this mod, you don't need any of these patches/alternate versions. They do not add anything and only provide options for users who for whatever reason want to exclude some features.

The patches and alternate versions are:
  • Civics Variety Patch [PDX Mods link (TBD)] - Only civics (including origins), no governments.
  • Origins Variety Patch [PDX Mods link (TBD)] - Only origins.
  • Lesser Names Patch [PDX Mods link (TBD)] - Removes the "Better Names" functionality from base game governments.
  • No Origins Patch [PDX Mods link (TBD)] - Removes all origins.
  • Backup for 2.6 (Verne) [PDX Mods link (TBD)] - Older version of the mod for 2.6 Verne. NOTE: This is a stand-alone backup version, do not run it with the current version!
All are available on my Workshop page.

Feedback and Suggestions Welcome

Seriously, I'm not some real deal game dev, I have not tested every corner of this thing I've spent three entire actual years building. I want to know when things are broken, when they don't make sense, about balance, etc.

I have added content based on suggestions so those are welcome too, but I reserve the right to not use any suggestions or ot alter them as I see fit.

I have a Discord channel on Modder's Den but don't use it much... but if that changes I'll link it here.

The code is available on GitHub, I encourage anyone getting started with government modding to use it as a resource and reference because uh... that's how I figured out probably 75% of what I did for this mod.

Last edited: