• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
We've not made any changes to the login servers nor the forums as a whole for a while actually. We will have a downtime next week but it shouldn't impact accounts. I've seen this report before but we've been unable to replicate it (I don't have this issue for example) so it's on the back burner.

Are you planning to have the upcoming board games have their own forums, either as a separate category or as sub-forums of their "parent games" (CK, Skylines, etc.)? I want all discussion and thus knowledge about them gathered in one place :) .
Absolutely, I think this would be a good idea, I'll make a note if t and see when it can be done.

View attachment 395449

Suggestion: Allow users to change their name for $5.00
This is actually something that comes up now and then though more as a joke than an actually suggestion ;). I'm not a big fan of making customers pay for name changes but I guess it would be an option.
Better yet, allow a user one free name change and each consecutive after a one-year grace period or something like that.
This isn't a bad idea but I'd like to elaborate a bit on why we don't do this.

Changing names isn't as straight forward as it may seem and this comes down to Xenforo (forum software) and our own backend. They don't always play nice and changing the name needs to be done in several places. As such, only me and Castellon actually has the option to do it which means that we'd spend all our time doing nothing but name changes, even if only 1% asked for it (we have about 800000 accounts on the forum :p). Add to this, if someone picks a name that is already taken, there would be a massive back and forth trying to come up with another name and, well, it would be a mess. You'd also have the problem of trolls changing names to "hide in plain sight" so to say, something we want to avoid.

All this being said though I'm definitely not saying it will never happen. One idea we've had is to do what Steam does where you can change your name as much as you want but there will always be a "previously know as" menu showing all the names the user had before.

I appreciate that it is a problem. Last-night alone there was over 1500 spammers, so what you see is only a tiny amount of the ones that posted. Obviously the spammers have some new software and we need to adapt to it, this will be an ongoing solution. Apologies for the inconvenience until we can turn the tide.

Small FYI for all you lovely folks:
We're in the process of upgrading the forum! If everything goes we will have the finished design and majority of features in place early next year (January) and then we'll begin the deploy. This will ofc take a bit more time but before Q1 next year we'll have a new fancy forum upgraded to Xenforo 2.1!

Any chance for Tapatalk compatibility? I would post here a lot more if that was a feature.
Nothing we've been looking at no, but definitely something we will look into should the XF upgrade not deliver a good enough mobile "feeling" that we're after!

Bug reporting should be active and engaged if the game is still for sale. There's threads that have been up there for months, and I've been assured by forum staff that the only reason they might be lagging is because people are on holiday.

It's generally accepted as good practice in the wider gaming world for a company to stay supporting it's software, as part of charging money for it. Because if the cost of a full game+DLCs isn't helping pay for game support, why are we being made to buy so many?
All games have a finite lifespan and after that they become, what we call, legacy game. This means that the game doesn't have any developers still working on it and that any new issues that come up will most likely not be fixed. Not going to say never though as we've had cases where some developers have gone back to older projects and made changes. We try and help as best we can but if it's something that requires a patch then chances are it won't be sorted. This is fairly standard as games cannot have developers attached to it for as long as it's for sale.

There's discussion about it, it'll happen eventually (not just ck2 forum, we need to check all pinned posts for relevancy and it's... well a lot of threads to go thru)! :)

Reactions:
my suggest is "post, somewhere somewhat easy to find, maybe in the FAQ, the following: an explanation of what to do if you want to post something, but are unsure if it violates any rules are not."

sometimes words like "respectful" or "nice" or "rude" can be interpreted differently by different people, and it's always good to get a second set of eyes on something when you are not sure.
You can always PM a moderator if you are unsure. :)

Any chance to add support to adding media from telegram posts?

link to api:

None at this time, but you never know what the future might hold! :)

The Millenium and Age of Wonders teams have the dev tracker working (the other recent PDX games either have a PDX CM post on their behalf or don't use the forums at all).
Only members of our Team that worked during Planetfall have the Blue Paradox Staff background & Dev Role. All of our newer members have the Triumph Studios Banner, it's a rather annoying discrepancy.

Reactions: