• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tapatalk support? I saw a thread that apparently they charge but it was a few years old. Is that still the case?
Seeing as the forums already have full mobile support in its core, I see no reason why they should need Tapatalk for anything?

And when those threads revolve around games that are patched very often, digging up an irrelevant thread back to the top is distracting and almost always involves someone who isn't the necromancer calling out or "correcting" other users who were responding with the most up-to-date information that is two years out of date.

We use context as much as we can, but generally starting a new thread is the best option for us and the necromancer who is likely going to get ignored so the section of our userbase that lives for correcting people descends on the corpse-posts of yesteryear.

In this context (and this thread https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/euiv-vs-hoi4-vs-stellaris.943450/ ) I'd suggest the following solution:

Use the "I know this is old"-box for a thread without reply for about one month (as it is now, afaik) and lock them after three months* without replies.

Maybe add some notification to these auto-locked threads like "This thread has died of old age. If you think its topic is still relevant feel free to start a new one" or something like that...

*or any other time period you find appropriate.

Bad idea. In both the OT and the AAR forums, there is often reason to post in a thread long after 3 months. Case in point, the political threads that is mostly active in and around elections and when something special happens. And the MrT awAARd thread, that just was rebooted after it fell on the wayside for a while.

Bad idea. In both the OT and the AAR forums, there is often reason to post in a thread long after 3 months. Case in point, the political threads that is mostly active in and around elections and when something special happens. And the MrT awAARd thread, that just was rebooted after it fell on the wayside for a while.
Agreed, this simply doesn't work for most of the forums. I can see it applying for returning modders (or just infrequent mod update schedules) and OT Forum Games as well.

Allow us to keep track of our infractions and when they expire like we used to be able to do on the old forum.

Agreed, this simply doesn't work for most of the forums. I can see it applying for returning modders (or just infrequent mod update schedules) and OT Forum Games as well.

I see your points. I that case apply the feature it to specific sub forums (or exclude specific forums from the rule whichever is easier to implement and maintain).

Another suggestion about another topic:

Please add a "Preview..." button that is accessible more easily.

Currently you have to click "More Options..." (which doesn't really offer more options) to access the "Preview..." button.

I think a good rule to be added is not allowing clickbait titles. Here's an example:
94cbbe69eee8cd391882d16a1e5187ae.png

This title could easily have been named "We need a Truce MapMode!", then I could decide if I'm interested or not in this thread. Using the word this makes the user need to open the thread to see what mapmode is being discussed.

This is one example, adding this rule would also stop low quality, minimum effort, titles like "Paradox Pls", "Second Try", etc.

I think a good rule to be added is not allowing clickbait titles. Here's an example:
94cbbe69eee8cd391882d16a1e5187ae.png

This title could easily have been named "We need a Truce MapMode!", then I could decide if I'm interested or not in this thread. Using the word this makes the user need to open the thread to see what mapmode is being discussed.

This is one example, adding this rule would also stop low quality, minimum effort, titles like "Paradox Pls", "Second Try", etc.
While I am sympathetic to this, from the perspective of a moderator this would be a nightmare to enforce.

Are you planning to have the upcoming board games have their own forums, either as a separate category or as sub-forums of their "parent games" (CK, Skylines, etc.)? I want all discussion and thus knowledge about them gathered in one place :) .

PS: call me thin-skinned, but I'm considering making it an offense to refer to certain opinions and the people who hold them as "minorities/vocal minorities". Normally fine IMO, but has been abused a bit latelly in the Stellaris forum.

@gronak : obtuse thread titles like "I have a suggestion!" or "CK2 needs this" is a major annoyance to me, too.

Are you planning to have the upcoming board games have their own forums, either as a separate category or as sub-forums of their "parent games" (CK, Skylines, etc.)? I want all discussion and thus knowledge about them gathered in one place :) .
Absolutely, I think this would be a good idea, I'll make a note if t and see when it can be done.

Suggestion on improving the forum:

Adjust the forum search function so that searches find "hidden" or obscure older posts.

For example, with the new forum design, searches do not locate older discussions.

Suggestion on improving the forum:

Adjust the forum search function so that searches find "hidden" or obscure older posts.

For example, with the new forum design, searches do not locate older discussions.
For the bug with search results disappearing:
Why on earth am I not able to directly find threads and contents that I posted sometime ago?
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-contents-that-i-posted-sometime-ago.1090204/

There is another issue with the forum with threads older than a year ending up being hidden, do this if you want to view threads that are not visible in the forum view: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/older-aar-disappeared.857594/#post-19361119

Last edited:

I believe I tried this. Some older posts showed up.

But when attempting to search that particular forum using the search feature (after making the older thread "visible"), the search revealed nothing.

Admittedly, I might be doing something wrong.

Many thanks for taking the time to respond and posting links to where this plague has been previously discussed.

We'll find a cure eventually.

But when attempting to search that particular forum using the search feature (after making the older thread "visible"), the search revealed nothing.

Many thanks for taking the time to respond and posting links to where this plague has been previously discussed.

I also find the two bugs combined to be especially annoying, but since forum devs are on it I hope they will quickly resolve them. :) One solution in the meantime if it is really impossible to find things and the forum is a public one is to try searching with a standard internet browser with site search, although naturally this option doesn't work for forums requiring game registration.

Thank you for the suggestion.
Well done.

One solution in the meantime if it is really impossible to find things and the forum is a public one is to try searching with a standard internet browser with site search, although naturally this option doesn't work for forums requiring game registration.

!
!!
!!!

Ingenius!

Worked like a charm...4th hit on Google:

upload_2018-5-24_8-50-30.png

Thank you for the suggestion.

There is currently a bug that posts from between circa 2015 and the recentish past are "missing" when using the search function or when checking a user's profile. The bug is known but its cause is not understood.
That is the bug that was discussed in the thread I linked to, indeed.

As the others said then there's currently a bug.

The using Google works, and is what we had to use back in the days when search was completely broken on the old forum. But it won't help for any hidden fora like OT, History?, mod fora, MP, etc.

For instance I'm still looking for my trains thread which I can't find, and not I'm not even sure I can remember what I wanted to post in it. :(