• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Misread your post. Mea culpa.

Thanks for trying to help. ;) :p

PS : I in turn just remembered that alerts for agrees and disagrees don't exist anymore for a while
and thus don't require to be turned off. That was most annoying i might say, especially at
start when there was no option to turn alerts for them off in the first place.
Edited my earlier post on this. Mea culpa.

Last edited:
How about you click on "Unwatch this thread" which appears inplace of "Watch thread" as soon as its watched.

You can also unwatch threads in "Watched Threads" by clicking at "Show all watched threads" at the bottom
and then check each thread you like to treat somehow by choosing the respective option at the bottom.
Yeah, I finally found that. But like I said, it isn't intuitive. I should be able to click on the "Watched" thing on the forum thread list and be given the option to unwatch, rather than have to find a small bit of writing at the top of a thread... when I'm usually at the bottom of the thread, where the new posts are.

And like Denkt said, it would be a good idea to be able to have the automatic watch be something you can disable.

And like Denkt said, it would be a good idea to be able to have the automatic watch be something you can disable.
There is a setting for that. Click on your name at the top -> Preferences. It's one of the first options there. It looks like you would have to manually watch threads you start yourself as well.

Yeah, I finally found that. But like I said, it isn't intuitive.

Fair enough.

I should be able to click on the "Watched" thing on the forum thread list and be given the option to unwatch, rather than have to find a small bit of writing at the top of a thread... when I'm usually at the bottom of the thread, where the new posts are.

I think i don't understand what you refer to with "click on the "Watched" thing on the forum thread list".

To quote my earlier post (with just a bit more info than above) :
Preferences - Options - "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..."
Uncheck, done.

I think i don't understand what you refer to with "click on the "Watched" thing on the forum thread list".
If you look at https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/forum-help-issues-rules.600/ you'll see under the "start date" bit, it says things like "watched", "pinned", etc. It'd be handy if you could click the "watched" there to unwatch a thread.

Or another way to make it easier on people would be adding an "unwatch thread" at the bottom of the thread as well, to match the one at the top.

And yet another way would be, in the "unread watched threads" list you get when you click "watched threads", if there was a check box in front of , or a button, for each thread on the list that you could use to unwatch that thread. That's the sort of place I would have expected to be able to unwatch a thread, but I couldn't. Only at the top of a thread itself.

To quote my earlier post (with just a bit more info than above) :
Yup, did that already. Hence one of the "helpful"s the post has ;)

If you look at https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/forum-help-issues-rules.600/ you'll see under the "start date" bit, it says things like "watched", "pinned", etc. It'd be handy if you could click the "watched" there to unwatch a thread.
But that's exactly what happens...

upload_2020-1-16_11-43-27.png

Oh...
Missed that.
Is that new ? Probably not.
Hmm, makes sense, but is currently not a button.

Or another way to make it easier on people would be adding an "unwatch thread" at the bottom of the thread as well, to match the one at the top.

That could be true for every option and becomes kind of spammy though and in the end page space is limited.
Scrolling up the page is no problem normally, but i asssume you use a mobile ? Anyway, not my decision. ;)
Either way, i guess i understand reasons for both variants.

And yet another way would be, in the "unread watched threads" list you get when you click "watched threads", if there was a check box in front of , or a button, for each thread on the list that you could use to unwatch that thread. That's the sort of place I would have expected to be able to unwatch a thread, but I couldn't. Only at the top of a thread itself.

You mean instead of having to additionaly click on the "Show all watched threads" at the bottom ?
The point is that you at first only see the ones unread, so to have the option on the "all watched threads" makes sense, right ?

Maybe additonaly on the "unread" page.
That admittedly could help and make even more sense, i suppose. :cool:

Last edited:
Increase the stack (burger) menu threshold so that item's are removed from NavTab. User menu get's displaced under search function in 1366p horizontal with google's java functions/trackers disabled. That or decrease the superfluous amount of NavTab items or characters used. Mozilla Firefox 71.0.

Attachments

• stack menu threshold.png
    stack menu threshold.png
    15,8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
This is probably a silly suggestion, but; why isn't the butterfly portrait from Stellaris a selectable profile picture?

Bug reporting should be active and engaged if the game is still for sale. There's threads that have been up there for months, and I've been assured by forum staff that the only reason they might be lagging is because people are on holiday.

It's generally accepted as good practice in the wider gaming world for a company to stay supporting it's software, as part of charging money for it. Because if the cost of a full game+DLCs isn't helping pay for game support, why are we being made to buy so many?

Bug reporting should be active and engaged if the game is still for sale. There's threads that have been up there for months, and I've been assured by forum staff that the only reason they might be lagging is because people are on holiday.

It's generally accepted as good practice in the wider gaming world for a company to stay supporting it's software, as part of charging money for it. Because if the cost of a full game+DLCs isn't helping pay for game support, why are we being made to buy so many?
All games have a finite lifespan and after that they become, what we call, legacy game. This means that the game doesn't have any developers still working on it and that any new issues that come up will most likely not be fixed. Not going to say never though as we've had cases where some developers have gone back to older projects and made changes. We try and help as best we can but if it's something that requires a patch then chances are it won't be sorted. This is fairly standard as games cannot have developers attached to it for as long as it's for sale.

All games have a finite lifespan and after that they become, what we call, legacy game. This means that the game doesn't have any developers still working on it and that any new issues that come up will most likely not be fixed. Not going to say never though as we've had cases where some developers have gone back to older projects and made changes. We try and help as best we can but if it's something that requires a patch then chances are it won't be sorted. This is fairly standard as games cannot have developers attached to it for as long as it's for sale.

I'm talking about games that are still receiving updates and DLC. Is that not considered development?

Maybe its jus me that can't find the forum rules. But please consider making them easier to find. :(

While at it, reduce the number of rulesets from 2 to 1.

They're at the bottom of every page where it says "Rules of Conduct".

Thanks. Although the bottom isn't exactly where I would look for something like this. But thanks for pointing this out for me. :)