HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm thinking the Soviet DDs will probably be one Stalinist, one 'other communist', and one with monarchist and/or fascist and/or democratic path(s). There might also be some sort of overview DD, maybe with some unique mechanics available to all paths

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm thinking the Soviet DDs will probably be one Stalinist, one 'other communist', and one with monarchist and/or fascist and/or democratic path(s). There might also be some sort of overview DD, maybe with some unique mechanics available to all paths
We're getting at least three communist paths. You're probably spot on with the rest, though I think we're likely to get a monarchist, fascist, and democratic path with the potential of one these being replaced with a completely bonkers path.

• 2Like
Reactions:
We're getting at least three communist paths. You're probably spot on with the rest, though I think we're likely to get a monarchist, fascist, and democratic path with the potential of one these being replaced with a completely bonkers path.

Do think we could see consitutional monarchy path? I have suspicions that we'll have a democratic monarchy path (think 1905 reforms) and an absolute monarchy path. I think that the democratic paths will have two or three options. First option would be a Russian Imperial Republic (revert to March Rev.), Imperial Constitutional Monarchy (revert to 1905 constitutional), and Slavic Federation (where Kerensky supports the independence of Ukraine and Belarus and seeks to spread democracy among the Slavic nation).

Do think we could see consitutional monarchy path? I have suspicions that we'll have a democratic monarchy path (think 1905 reforms) and an absolute monarchy path. I think that the democratic paths will have two or three options. First option would be a Russian Imperial Republic (revert to March Rev.), Imperial Constitutional Monarchy (revert to 1905 constitutional), and Slavic Federation (where Kerensky supports the independence of Ukraine and Belarus and seeks to spread democracy among the Slavic nation).
If we take into account what the Polish monarchy sub-tree looks like with four discrete monarchist routes, I think it's more than possible. If you put a gun to my head, I'd predict that, after the inevitable Second Russian Civil War, they'll have a tree that splits two ways. The first way would be split between a democratic republic and a constitutional monarchy as you wrote with a lot of interconnectivity. The republic route would probably split in half between the the imperial republic and Slavic Federation that you wrote, though they'd probably be mostly the same tree. The other way the non-communist tree splits would be between the fascist and monarchist paths, along with the potential weird route. They fascist and autocratic monarchist paths would be almost entirely separate, but the weird path (theocracy? overt Third Rome? Rasputinist?) would likely share at least something with the monarchist one.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Oh, now I think that every focus tree should actually have a specific focus called "Go Completely Bonkers". It would explain so much about certain historical events/elections/referenda/etc...

If we take into account what the Polish monarchy sub-tree looks like with four discrete monarchist routes, I think it's more than possible. If you put a gun to my head, I'd predict that, after the inevitable Second Russian Civil War, they'll have a tree that splits two ways. The first way would be split between a democratic republic and a constitutional monarchy as you wrote with a lot of interconnectivity. The republic route would probably split in half between the the imperial republic and Slavic Federation that you wrote, though they'd probably be mostly the same tree. The other way the non-communist tree splits would be between the fascist and monarchist paths, along with the potential weird route. They fascist and autocratic monarchist paths would be almost entirely separate, but the weird path (theocracy? overt Third Rome? Rasputinist?) would likely share at least something with the monarchist one.
An anarchist path shouldn't be completely out of the question.

Does anyone actually play the vanilla trees though? Imagine what they could save by scrapping them from future DLCs
The Alt-'History' trees are welcome for those that like that sort of thing, but personally I find the "generally historical but not scripted" options in the game setup options a very fine innovation that makes for interesting and believable games. This often involves many of the "vanilla" trees. (I also like the taste of proper vanilla, just as a total aside...)

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I wish there had been a teaser too, but since there won't be a dev diary either I guess I'll live, even if I'll pout about it until next week.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Is HOI4 dead?

Yup. I think they have abandoned it. We should move on and write posts about HoI 5 lads...

And it's time to bring this post in the comments of the first dev diary back.

dev%20diary%20prayers%20answered.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
All is secure. The dead are not walking amongst us just yet.

• 3Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions: