• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My semi-serious take on the fate of Central/Eastern European countries during the timeframe.

That won't be

When I find myself in Eastern Europe
Soviet Russia comes to me
Demanding land concessions
That won’t be

And in that our of darkness
She is there grinning in the East
Threatening with soldiers
That won’t be

Soviet, Soviet
I am not defeated yet
And I will fight forever
Soviet

When all the tiny nations
Bordering the Bear agree
U-S-S-R expansion
Just won’t be

And though they may be quiet
There is still a chance that they will see
New Soviet republics
Should not be

Soviet, Soviet
I am not defeated yet
And I will fight forever
Soviet (4x3)

And on the summer evening
Angry Uncle Josef came to me
Asking for surrender
That won’t be

I woke up to the sound of firing
Of Soviet artillery
Well, the end has started
Let it be

Soviet, Soviet
I am not defeated yet
And I will fight forever
Soviet

---

Two short notes: First, yes, I know that "Soviet" does not rhyme with "That won't be", but that is not especially necessary. Second, in the refrain, "Soviet" should be pronounced "So-vee-yet", i.e. three full syllables.

General Jac: Nazihero Ok, on my own initiative, I found the song. Okay, although some of your content pushes the boundries of some of the forum rules...that was absolutely hilarious. Very easy to follow, very little tripping up with the length of lines (except maybe Reichcommisar guy...a little long, but workable). When I first read this without the tune, I really didn't know what to make of it, but the music just takes all the sting out of it and makes it true comedy. Funny, funny stuff. You get a :rofl: and IN.

Legolas: That Wont Be That was really quite clever. Know the song well, so was able to sing it without accompaniment. You had me chuckling the whole way through. There were a few minor hiccups where I had to adjust the meter to accept the lengths of certain lines, but to me it was minor. Gotta give you the thumbs up and a big :D.

Sokrates It is a good soundtrack and you wont be dissapointed. Maybe you can do something to Radar Rider or Don Henley's version of "Heavy Metal", or perhaps Black Sabbath's "The Mob Rules"...all good tunes for sure.:D

Last edited:
Ok, this time I promise to judge tomorrow. I've been busy with all sort of crazy stuff, almost all related to Diplomacy somehow

Okay, I don't know what has come over me. The music bug has bitten me bad. But hey, this is fun.

Snake, if I get out of hand, just let me know.

This one is about the London Blitz. So please enjoy to the tune of "Seagull" by Bad Company.

Oh, and all my titles are links to the songs, so click and play.

Luftwaffe

Luftwaffe you fly cross the horizon
Out of the night we hear you come
We turn out our lights and pray for tomorrow
As we run from the crash of the bombs

Here in the shelters we huddle in silence
Listening to the end of our world
Luftwaffe you bring death in the darkness
While we lay here and wait for the sun

And you come in your planes
And leave our land in flames
And you’ll keep comin round
Till somebody shoots you down

Luftwaffe you fly cross the horizon
Out of the night we hear you come
And with your blitz you try to break us
But we’ll carry on when you’re done

And you come in the night
Hiding from the light
And we’ll hide from the sound
Till somebody shoots you down

Luftwaffe you fly
Luftwaffe you fly

And you’ll come again tonight
And you’ll come again tomorrow
And you’ll bring with you the reaper
Leaving tears and sorrow

Luftwaffe go on and fly
Fly again tomorrow
Bringing tears and sorrow
Fly

Last edited:
I have another song all figured out, but it's such a good one, I'll save it for round 2 (if I go on to it, otherwise I suppose I'll just post it out of competition). ;)

Charle_88 said:
I have another song all figured out, but it's such a good one, I'll save it for round 2 (if I go on to it, otherwise I suppose I'll just post it out of competition). ;)

If it is a song about WW2 you will have to post it in this thread out of competition, as I believe the next round will be in one of the other forums, i.e. EU3, Vicky, CK, so it wont be relevant. Snake can confirm that, but I believe that was the plan.

Deus Eversor said:
i think something similar would sing germans to raf or usaf not counting citizens of hiroshima and nagasaki ;p ;d ;q ;b

Yeah, it could be applied to other circumstances, I just chose the London blitz as the backdrop for the song. I actually have something else planned for the RAF.;)

grayghost said:
If it is a song about WW2 you will have to post it in this thread out of competition, as I believe the next round will be in one of the other forums, i.e. EU3, Vicky, CK, so it wont be relevant. Snake can confirm that, but I believe that was the plan.

Oh, I see. I hadn't realized.

Well then, song will be up in a few minutes.

Snake IV said:
grayghost is not all correct, so you will be able to compete with it will you go on.

Bah...I knew I would get it wrong. From now on all Idol rules questions will be fowarded to Snake. :p :D

Which reminds me that it is high time to expand to some other forum. I'll do a song for the EUIII forum, so if someone will do the honour of the Vicky?

To be precise: first level of competition is avaible in all forums sooner or later. The last will be in the general forum, any possible in between will be either in thier subforum or in the general, depending on how the situation are.

The Sound Of Warfare
by Sokraates
That new tune link was better for sure. I like this contribution, but I can't put my finger on what was good. I read the lyrics with the original original before you provided the new link, and I felt it captured a serious situation, in a way war is often depicted, but without any real connection to acctual fighting that the viewpoint focused on (rather so, in a smaller distance at all time). It didn't seem as such much a loss though, and perhaps it wa meant, if the individual here wasn't acctually contributing in such a situation, which seems likely. The lyrics also seemed to have a deapth I couldn't understand to full potential, which of course becomes a great boost :p, but they are great nevertheless. The tune you provided later I think took away a part of the serious mood you built up when I used the non rock variant, and I think it didn't manage to reflect the sounds of war you mentioned. I'll give a raticifation (smilies are lame, really ;p), though if grayghost is a real war-veteran, my opinion doesn't matter, really ;)

And this is how far I got before I relized it was time to go to bed. The weekend will be busy, but I'll try to squeeze this in.

Snake IV said:
though if grayghost is a real war-veteran, my opinion doesn't matter, really ;)

If I can't call you boss, then my combat experience does not get you off the hook for an opinion.:D

Only one judge has commented my song. =/

Charle_88 said:
Only one judge has commented my song. =/

Don't sweat it Charle. Snake, ES, and the Duke are all a little behind, they'll get to it. You are not being neglected, I promise.;)

grayghost said:
Don't sweat it Charle. Snake, ES, and the Duke are all a little behind, they'll get to it. You are not being neglected, I promise.;)

Ah.

Well I didn't want to be rude or anything. I was just getting worried that they thought I was so awful that they didn't bother to jury me. =P

Snake IV said:
I surrender. You buy cokkies for peace negotiations.

Choclate Chip?;)

Just a little heads up: last week was extremely hectic, what-with Wanhojen Tanssit and matriculation tests but the climax is over. But now I am sick (thank Goodness it hitted me now and not yesterday when the dances were still ahead) so I really can't bother to listen or judge just about anything, I am barely awake as it is.

I'll get on my judging when my health get's better.