• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
How do you switch scopes from a title to the provinces held by that title?

I believe switching to location = {} does the trick.

Also, what exactly is included in the any_realm_province scope? Is it all provinces held by the character and his vassals, or does it include his liege's as well?

Character and vassals. Realm never looks "above" present scope/character. If you want the whole realm, you'd first need to scope switch to the top_liege = {}.

Are silent events possible ? Seems events need to have a DESC, and DESC = "" still spawn a window for the target.

Nope. But you can always spawn an event for the emperor of rebels for instance and than do all kinds of stuff from that event that will never show up for any player.

Gars, thanks for your answers, I have one if you please.
Is there a simple way compare the difference between two character's martial stat?

Yes. The event where one character want to be your marshal because he has better stats the current one uses this. I can't remember the exact syntax for it so try and look up that event. It should be in job flavor events.

yes, I took a look at that, but I want to know the difference, and that event only tells us if one have better martial stat than the another. I'll keep looking. I want to make a duel between too charaters, and define the winner based on the difference between them. if its the same, 50/50, if there is 1 point of difference 55/45 and so on.

You can't do that I'm afraid, without using some rather elaborate uses of if cases.

Hey, Gars, got any idea how to get the localization to work? :)

Unfortunately not, I haven't been involved in using that kind of localisation.

Is there a way to lock the HRE to Autonomous Vassals? I notice one kind of succession law requires your culture to be Basque, so maybe there' somewhere to set requirements for changing laws.

Does anyone know how the HRE keeps receiving a claim on Aquitaine? I'd like to make it stop.
Change the dynasty of the Emperor's mother to the same as the Emperor. That will prevent the emperor's mother from inheriting the claim from her father (a dead duke of Aquitaine)

Anyway to put the game into debug mode with eventually commands? i'm working on a mod, and testing things to ensure their working as per intended would be nice. (like speed up, or making a providence tech upgrade so i can see the triggers working properly).
You can check event conditions by calling the event via the console. Just write "event <eventID>", and the event will fire, and the console will tell you which conditions were true or false.

Hey, I cant seem to make this building avaliable to muslims. Anyone know what I did wrong?
You need to use OR:
Code:
FROM = {[INDENT]OR = {
[/INDENT]
[INDENT=2]religion_group = pagan_group
religion_group = muslim_group[/INDENT]
[INDENT]}
NOT = {[/INDENT]
[INDENT=2]any_liege = {[/INDENT]
[INDENT=3]NOT = { religion_group = pagan_group }
NOT = { religion_group = muslim_group }[/INDENT]
[INDENT=2]}[/INDENT]
[INDENT]}[/INDENT]
}

That's the events for increasing the likeliness of conversion if you have your priest working on a province, but where are the events for passive religious conversion?
There are none, except for heresy. Those are covered in religious_events.txt if I remember correctly. Possibly province_events.txt.

Just rulers. It's very strange. If I use NOT = { age = 7 } it has no effect on any characters. I created a whole bunch of positive relationship modifiers for characters based on their attributes without any problem, but now this simple modifier isn't working. Very puzzling.
Age is a variable, thus NOT = { age = 7 } would mean "under the age of 7".
The problem is that you've set it to allow the modifier for any ruler that is at least 1 year old.

So, the below code should function properly?

Code:
child_mortality = {
    potential = {
        NOT = { age = 7 }
    }

trigger = {
        NOT = { age = 7 }
    }

health = -2

icon = 40
}

Alas, it's not being applied to any characters at all.
It works for me, changing it to 16 and loading up as the King of France.

Ok, now I'm really confused. Looking at the defines, it seems like every province in a given group would either be the same as every other province in the group, or they would vary based on how close they are to province 320 (cremona--defined as the center of the renaissance).

But this doesn't seem to be the case at all. For example, in 1066 some catholic provinces have construction 1, others 0, and many of the ones with level 1 are further away from cremona than ones with tech 0. What causes these variations?
There's a little bit of randomization.

It doesn't seem random, though. In every game where I've looked at it, Kyzikos is the only province in western Anatolia with construction 1 instead of 2, and Euboia always has city infrastructure 3, while Athens has level 1. It's been so consistent, I thought there has to be something in the province hiistories over-riding the defines, but it doesn't seem that way.
Might be random based on some sort of seed, which could lead to tech always being distributed the same.

hi me again :p, would any one know on how to remove the buffs in levy size that the muslims recieve? In a shattered europe map I think you can see how this becomes a problem :p
They don't get any fixed buffs, just buildings at an earlier date. When they get what buildings is set in buildings.txt, in the "start" section of each building.

Hi, just a quick question, I created a few new kingdoms and empires but now the heraldry of every county, kingdom, empire, duchy is f***ed up. Is that fixable? If yes, how? Thanks in advance.
One or more of your new titles is missing a coat of arms, which messes up every title after it in the landed_titles file. Make sure every title you've added has a corresponding file in gfx/flags