• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks RedRooster! I found the create_character right underneath and felt a little silly. But a titular title is really good idea for a the sort of institution I'm thinking of. Just out of curiosity (it's not vital to the mod) but what's the normal course for generating an event between two people? Currently, I can only seem to generate an event whereby the target and origin are the same person (player character). I'm thinking maybe there's a nested-scope syntax I'm not quite understanding - I remember seeing a guide for it somewhere but I can't seem to find it anymore. :)

Is it possible to limit who can have a trait? Impressive Beard, female=no?

I'm sure I could set conditions in a beard-growing event, and have the trait be non-birth, but could it be done on the trait itself?

Very basic question here - any way to find the event number through the console for an event that just popped up on-screen?

Or the only way to go is save-files?

EDIT - @Sproons, no, the traits themselves do not have restrictions - even the most obvious ones like 'pregnant'... So I guess the restrictions come with the events (remember - the trait shouldn't be 'personality=yes' as well -- as the game engine tends to spread these traits amongst all characters at the beginning of the game, making no gender or culture distinction)

Last edited:
I have a question of my own............ does anyone know if you can make a province event fire entirely randomly, i've played around with on_actions.txt but i know thats just for character events.

I'd like to make the only pagan group nations allowed to declare religious wars to be the cumans and pechenegs. What's wrong with my little script:

Code:
			OR = {
				NOT = {
					religion_group = pagan_group
				}
				primary_title = k_cuman
				primary_title = d_pechenegs
			}

Last edited:
hi me again :p, would any one know on how to remove the buffs in levy size that the muslims recieve? In a shattered europe map I think you can see how this becomes a problem :p

Hi, just a quick question, I created a few new kingdoms and empires but now the heraldry of every county, kingdom, empire, duchy is f***ed up. Is that fixable? If yes, how? Thanks in advance.

hi me again :p, would any one know on how to remove the buffs in levy size that the muslims recieve? In a shattered europe map I think you can see how this becomes a problem :p
They don't get any fixed buffs, just buildings at an earlier date. When they get what buildings is set in buildings.txt, in the "start" section of each building.

Hi, just a quick question, I created a few new kingdoms and empires but now the heraldry of every county, kingdom, empire, duchy is f***ed up. Is that fixable? If yes, how? Thanks in advance.
One or more of your new titles is missing a coat of arms, which messes up every title after it in the landed_titles file. Make sure every title you've added has a corresponding file in gfx/flags

I am trying to create an event that will force the Turks to attack the Byzantine frequently and slowly take their eastern side of the Empire until a specific date or specific titles are conquered. My problem is I can't figure out how to add the specific titles into the objective when having them attack the Byzantine Empire, I can manually add it into the cb_types.txt for each title, but rather have it inside of the event, any help would be appreciated:

Code:
		e_byzantium = { #This is who the turks declare war on.
			holder_scope = {
				reverse_war = { #This can be changed to war= and swap the attacker and defender.
					target = k_seljuk_turks #This is the attacker on reverse_war.
					casus_belli = turk_byz_war
				}
			}
		}

Is there another option that I can place under reverse_war= or war= that lets you define the specific title they are declaring war for and not just the target of who they are attacking? This would allow me to use religous cb instead, or a modified version instead of a custom and much larger casus belli script inside of cb_types.txt

Which file governs which terrain type is assigned to a province? I can't find any file that says Dijon = plains for instance.

It is defined by terrain.bmb in map folder. How, exactly the terrain is figured out I don't know.

I have a question of my own............ does anyone know if you can make a province event fire entirely randomly, i've played around with on_actions.txt but i know thats just for character events.

Use character event with random_demesne_province = {}.

Has anyone figured out how to make impassable mountains? I'm assuming you do more than just draw a black smudge on default.map? :)

You assume wrong. ;)

Well, you put black lines in provinces.bmp.

Trying to get a cassus belli to work that lets the Holy roman emperor declare war to vassalise italian states.

Code:
guelphs_and_ghibellines = {
	name = CB_NAME_ITALY
	war_name = WAR_NAME_ITALY
	sprite = 16
	truce_days = 3650
	hostile_against_others = yes
	is_permanent = yes
	check_all_titles = yes # if permanent, setting this to true will check against all of someones titles, including vassal held titles
	press_claim = yes

can_use = {
		ROOT = {
			has_landed_title = e_hre
		}
	}
	can_use_title = {
		tier = count
		dejure_liege_title = {
			OR = {
				k_italy
				k_sardinia
				k_venice
				k_lombardy
			}
		}

NOT = {
			OR = {
				ROOT = {
					has_landed_title = PREV
				}
				holder_scope = {
					is_liege_or_above = ROOT
				}
			}
		}

OR = {
			FROM = {
				has_landed_title = PREV
			}
			holder_scope = {
				is_liege_or_above = FROM
			}
		}
	}

is_valid_title = {
		OR = {
			FROM = {
				has_landed_title = PREV
			}
			holder_scope = {
				is_liege_or_above = FROM
			}
		}
	}

on_success = {
		ROOT = {
			prestige = 100
			FROM = { set_defacto_liege = ROOT }
		}
	}

on_fail = {
		ROOT = {
			prestige = -100
		}
	}

on_reverse_demand = {
		ROOT = {
			prestige = -200
			transfer_scaled_wealth = {
				to = FROM
				value = 1.0
			}
		}
		FROM = {
			prestige = 400
		}
	}

attacker_ai_victory_worth = {
		factor = 200
	}

attacker_ai_defeat_worth = {
		factor = 100
	}

defender_ai_victory_worth = {
		factor = -1 # always accept
	}

defender_ai_defeat_worth = {
		factor = 100
	}
}

Doesn't show up in game.

Last edited:
Thanks RedRooster! I found the create_character right underneath and felt a little silly. But a titular title is really good idea for a the sort of institution I'm thinking of. Just out of curiosity (it's not vital to the mod) but what's the normal course for generating an event between two people? Currently, I can only seem to generate an event whereby the target and origin are the same person (player character). I'm thinking maybe there's a nested-scope syntax I'm not quite understanding - I remember seeing a guide for it somewhere but I can't seem to find it anymore. :)

it depends on what you're doing specifically. There are events like those in birth_events.txt for taking a lover, others for giving gifts to your spouse. You can give an event to one character and then trigger it for another as well, which is where the scopes FROM and ROOT come in.

Is it possible to have a titular kingdom that has only one barony as a vassal at the beginning of the game?

As long as the title has a holder, yes.

Patriarch of Constantinople is a kingdom that starts out as a vassal to byzantium and with only a single barony.

Put 'landless = yes' in and you can have a titular kingdom that still exists even if its the only title held by its owner.

When making a mod from scratch and you are assigning baronies do you need to have a name for all 7 potential baronies even if you are only going to have 3 or 4 represented in game? (The first barony being the capital of course).

When making a mod from scratch and you are assigning baronies do you need to have a name for all 7 potential baronies even if you are only going to have 3 or 4 represented in game? (The first barony being the capital of course).

No, I divided up Alto Aragon into three parts. The two new ones each have three potential baronies, and I only listed three potential ones in both landed_titles.txt and the province files and no apparent problems. Anyone else can confirm?