• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That and several others.

It doesn't make sense because I'm looking at other scripts which use the exact same syntax from vanilla. It might have something to do with firing from a siege victory pulse? I don't know, but it's confusing the hell out of me.

Whole thing is:

Code:
character_event = {
	id = 131202
	desc = "EVTDESCSGW002"
	picture = "GFX_evt_siege"

is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
			any_war = {
				attacker = {
					religion_group = pagan_group
				}
			}
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		days = 1
	}

option = {
		name = "EVTO1SGW002"
		ROOT = { scaled_wealth = 1.0 }
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTO2SGW002"
		prestige = 10
		ROOT = {
			any_realm_character = {
				limit = {
					liege = ROOT
				}
				opinion = {
					who = liege
					modifier = opinion_shared_spoils
					months = 12
				}
			}
		}
	}		
}

this seems to work. check it please.

Code:
character_event = {
	id = 131202
	desc = "EVTDESCSGW002"
	picture = "GFX_evt_siege"

is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
			any_war = {
				attacker = {
					religion_group = pagan_group
				}
			}
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		days = 1
	}

option = {
		name = "EVTO1SGW002"
		ROOT = { scaled_wealth = 1.0 }
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTO2SGW002"
		prestige = 10

any_realm_character = {
				limit {
				ROOT = {is_liege_of = PREV}
				}
				opinion = {
					who = liege
					modifier = opinion_shared_spoils
					months = 12
				}
			}

}		
}

Last edited:
So.. how come this localization doesn't show up? It just says "Chief --", not "Höfðingi --" like it should. It ought not be a problem with the Vanilla files being preferred since mine starts with "Terr .." not their "Text", so it loads before those (replaces their Province localization even though I don't delete them from the Vanilla files). All the other titles are loading. :(

Code:
count_norse_pagan_eastnorse;Höfðingi;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
count_norse_pagan_westnorse;Höfðingi;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
count_norse_pagan_vinlandic;Höfðingi;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
count_female_norse_pagan_eastnorse;Höfðingi;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
count_female_norse_pagan_westnorse;Höfðingi;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
count_female_norse_pagan_vinlandic;Höfðingi;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Or

Code:
count_eastnorse_norse_pagan;Höfðingi;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
count_westnorse_norse_pagan;Höfðingi;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
count_vinlandic_norse_pagan;Höfðingi;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
count_female_eastnorse_norse_pagan;Höfðingi;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
count_female_westnorse_norse_pagan;Höfðingi;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
count_female_vinlandic_norse_pagan;Höfðingi;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Like I said things like these work, for example:

Code:
count_eastnorse;Greifi;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
count_westnorse;Greifi;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
count_vinlandic;Greifi;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
count_female_eastnorse;Greifynja;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
count_female_westnorse;Greifynja;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
count_female_vinlandic;Greifynja;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

temple_duke_norse_pagan;Hofgoði;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
temple_duke_female_norse_pagan;Hofgyðja;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

title_ruler_consort_female_eastnorse;Dróttning;Reine consort;Königingemahlin;;Reina consorte;;;;;;;;;x
title_ruler_consort_female_westnorse;Dróttning;Reine consort;Königingemahlin;;Reina consorte;;;;;;;;;x
title_ruler_consort_female_vinlandic;Dróttning;Reine consort;Königingemahlin;;Reina consorte;;;;;;;;;x

How do you switch scopes from a title to the provinces held by that title?

Also, what exactly is included in the any_realm_province scope? Is it all provinces held by the character and his vassals, or does it include his liege's as well?

How do you switch scopes from a title to the provinces held by that title?

I believe switching to location = {} does the trick.

Also, what exactly is included in the any_realm_province scope? Is it all provinces held by the character and his vassals, or does it include his liege's as well?

Character and vassals. Realm never looks "above" present scope/character. If you want the whole realm, you'd first need to scope switch to the top_liege = {}.

Are silent events possible ? Seems events need to have a DESC, and DESC = "" still spawn a window for the target.

Nope. But you can always spawn an event for the emperor of rebels for instance and than do all kinds of stuff from that event that will never show up for any player.

Gars, thanks for your answers, I have one if you please.
Is there a simple way compare the difference between two character's martial stat?

Yes. The event where one character want to be your marshal because he has better stats the current one uses this. I can't remember the exact syntax for it so try and look up that event. It should be in job flavor events.

Yes. The event where one character want to be your marshal because he has better stats the current one uses this. I can't remember the exact syntax for it so try and look up that event. It should be in job flavor events.

yes, I took a look at that, but I want to know the difference, and that event only tells us if one have better martial stat than the another. I'll keep looking. I want to make a duel between too charaters, and define the winner based on the difference between them. if its the same, 50/50, if there is 1 point of difference 55/45 and so on.

yes, I took a look at that, but I want to know the difference, and that event only tells us if one have better martial stat than the another. I'll keep looking. I want to make a duel between too charaters, and define the winner based on the difference between them. if its the same, 50/50, if there is 1 point of difference 55/45 and so on.

You can't do that I'm afraid, without using some rather elaborate uses of if cases.

Hey, Gars, got any idea how to get the localization to work? :)

Unfortunately not, I haven't been involved in using that kind of localisation.

So.. how come this localization doesn't show up? It just says "Chief --", not "Höfðingi --" like it should. It ought not be a problem with the Vanilla files being preferred since mine starts with "Terr .." not their "Text", so it loads before those (replaces their Province localization even though I don't delete them from the Vanilla files). All the other titles are loading. :(

the name of loc files doesn't matter. anything is valid since it doesn't begin with XXX. to be sure it is loaded after vanilla files, put it in a mod.
"weird" typo might be the reason nope ?

the name of loc files doesn't matter. anything is valid since it doesn't begin with XXX. to be sure it is loaded after vanilla files, put it in a mod.
"weird" typo might be the reason nope ?

Nah, it's already loaded as a Mod (as you can see it refers to stuff not in Vanilla) and they are called "norse_pagan"/"eastnorse" etc.

Is there anyway of editing a save file? I'd like to edit the culture and religion of certain counties. (Muslims took and held all of southern Italy for less then a generation in my game but several counties have gone Bedouin and Shiite, Sunni. This is absurd.)