• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You could make a new trait for both tied to an event once you have exceeded a certain threshold that gives a bonus... I'm not real good at the modding, so I don't know if there's an easier way.

Thanks, but I am actually trying to reduce the opinion bonus that prestige/piety brings in order to make emperors less loved. Although I could make a new emperor trait that reduces overall opinion.

Can someone explain in simple terms what the following modifier is doing?

modifier = {
factor = 1.5
leader = {
martial = 1 (is this martial =>1?)
}
NOT = {
leader = {
martial = 10 (is this martial =<10?)

So the above would only look at martial skill between 1 and 10?

Also, can IF ELSE THEN be replicated?

Does anyone know how the HRE keeps receiving a claim on Aquitaine? I'd like to make it stop.

Does anyone know how the HRE keeps receiving a claim on Aquitaine? I'd like to make it stop.
Change the dynasty of the Emperor's mother to the same as the Emperor. That will prevent the emperor's mother from inheriting the claim from her father (a dead duke of Aquitaine)

How do you guys do startup events? Is there a better way to get an event to fire immediately on startup than a MTTH of 1 day?

I've been experimenting with giving the AI a decision as an alternate way of getting a start-up effect, but it seems to take a little while for the AI to enact the decision.

Last edited:
has anyone tried putting one if clause inside another? For example, if I have an event option with an if clause testing if the character is a priest and setting effect A, can I then also test if he's English inside that clause and set effect B? So a non-english priest would only get A, but an english priest would get AB.

update: it works fine. there seems to be no limit on how many if you can stack.

Last edited:
Where are the icon gfxs located? e.g. For bankruptcy in the triggered_modifiers file the icon is "24".

Last edited:
Is it possible to have it so that a formable empire requires absolute crown authority to have any other succession law other than elective? I'm referring to only one specific empire on the map kind of like the HRE.

Which file are the events for province religious conversion in? Thanks!

Which file are the events for province religious conversion in? Thanks!

Anyone got any idea on this? Religious conversion is currently taking a decade at most, which I consider far too fast.

Anyway to put the game into debug mode with eventually commands? i'm working on a mod, and testing things to ensure their working as per intended would be nice. (like speed up, or making a providence tech upgrade so i can see the triggers working properly).

Anyway to put the game into debug mode with eventually commands? i'm working on a mod, and testing things to ensure their working as per intended would be nice. (like speed up, or making a providence tech upgrade so i can see the triggers working properly).
You can check event conditions by calling the event via the console. Just write "event <eventID>", and the event will fire, and the console will tell you which conditions were true or false.