• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What the hell I am still getting the same crash when I try out the full version.
It gets to fetching the save games and when the map should appear just crashes.

I don't even have any save games that it could load. It's as if it doesn't like the bigger map.

The error log is also an exact copy (bar the time stamps) of my previous full version crashes.

I am absolutely clueless.
Can you post your \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Imperator\logs\multiplayer.txt ? I am trying to update my mod and I run into the exact same problem. In fact I can even enter the mapeditor, but not the game lobby. If my hunch is correct "[ingamemultiplayeridlerlogic.cpp:198]: [INFO] Handling session notification: done replaying commands for machine ID: 1" should be the last message the log gives you. There might be something wrong with the CAddPlayer class under certain conditions given that you can't load this proven to work mod.

Edit: Also try hosting a multiplayer lobby instead of using the singleplayer button once and post the resulting error&multiplayer log. It actually gave me a different error "[12:49:53][playfab.cpp:39]: Playfab segment name format errorAll Players".

Edit2: Then agian I just tested GeS and it works for me, but your problem still sounds like mine.

Last edited:
The event dhe_heraclea_pontica is missing in this mod, probably can be fixed by copy/pasting the vanilla files however but its too late for me to try to fix it, till I wake up.

As it is, they don't get an event at all even copy/pasting the event file for them into the mod folder. I turned off the mod and they should have the event as soon as the game starts up.

(edit: Took a quick look. No idea where it is in the triggers files. Maybe its in some random place or something. But doing console command "event dhe_heraclea_pontica.1" fires it. However in vanilla its an event that starts right as the game begins. So something a little bit wonky there. At least its easy workaround by manually triggering the event

Last edited:
The event dhe_heraclea_pontica is missing in this mod, probably can be fixed by copy/pasting the vanilla files however but its too late for me to try to fix it, till I wake up.

As it is, they don't get an event at all even copy/pasting the event file for them into the mod folder. I turned off the mod and they should have the event as soon as the game starts up.

(edit: Took a quick look. No idea where it is in the triggers files. Maybe its in some random place or something. But doing console command "event dhe_heraclea_pontica.1" fires it. However in vanilla its an event that starts right as the game begins. So something a little bit wonky there. At least its easy workaround by manually triggering the event

Ok, I must have missed adding it to the on_actions file because of all the code I have in the on_initialization action. Will fix.

How does the Tributary->Client system works? I don't seem to find a button for that

How does the Tributary->Client system works? I don't seem to find a button for that
It’s a square button with red and blue flags in the diplomacy screen, however it’s been having some problems only inconsistently working.

that guy over at the Carthage Renewed mod has done great work on making the map of Africa actually interesting -- would be cool if you guys could get together! The vanilla setup there seems dissatisfying.

Any ETA on the next version?
I'm waiting for the new Rome missions. The vanilla missions don't line up with your starting setup.

I’ve finally got time to start working on the mod again and I’m about to really crack into it in this five-hour flight; I don’t have a definite ETA but I’m optimistic I will have something for release this weekend (though maybe not until the end of this weekend as I will need time to test and my laptop doesn’t run the game in 1.3).

@rivtaldm I am open to sharing my map files should you be interested.
Great to hear! Thanks for responding, I would be delighted to play a composite mod of your two excellent efforts.
I’m absolutely open to it, however if CR has added provinces it will take some time to integrate as I’d have to rearrange all my added province numbers again (not insurmountable, just time-consuming).

After a hiatus, version 1.14 of Gladio et Sale is now available via Steam and Direct Download. Expecting to get back to a regular schedule of releases now.

==== General Changes & Fixes ====
* A number of minor localisation and bug fixes

==== Buildings ====
* Removed state buildings and added adjusted vanilla province improvements
* Restored granary and academy as city buildings
* Added new metropolis buildings of Amphitheatre, Hippodrome, Baths, Library, Military Barracks and Gymnasium (available as a city building for Greeks)

==== Events/Missions/Flavour ====
* All existing missions integrated to vanilla mission system

The Light version, WITHOUT the expanded map is also available via Steam and Direct Download.

After a hiatus, version 1.14 of Gladio et Sale is now available via Steam and Direct Download. Expecting to get back to a regular schedule of releases now.

==== General Changes & Fixes ====
* A number of minor localisation and bug fixes

==== Buildings ====
* Removed state buildings and added adjusted vanilla province improvements
* Restored granary and academy as city buildings
* Added new metropolis buildings of Amphitheatre, Hippodrome, Baths, Library, Military Barracks and Gymnasium (available as a city building for Greeks)

==== Events/Missions/Flavour ====
* All existing missions integrated to vanilla mission system

The Light version, WITHOUT the expanded map is also available via Steam and Direct Download.

Those are some great changes! I will give the mod a Rome run! Does the new rebalanced province investment allow new trading routes slots?

Also how do you feel about the new "great families" system? Is any change planned?

Question about the Roman mission block Roman Italia.
Playing as Rome, I started the Pan Italic Congress mission.
Through the event chain, I ended up making Peucetians and Messapia into feudatories.
But doing this bypassed the Destroy Apulians mission, so I can no longer form a Colonia in the area.
Is this intentional?

Hey it seems like there is still no way to increase the number of trade routes besides ports and cities. On the last version of the mod this caused my capital to always be starving. I changed the trade pro investment so it gives +1 trade route slot like in vanilla.

I know it is not perfect because: 1) causes gamey trade bonuses stacking; 2) can lead to some ultra-mega big cities. Still the lack of trade routes can create a hard cap on population and starvation, which I'm not a fan. Curious to hear your thoughts about it.

Question about the Roman mission block Roman Italia.
Playing as Rome, I started the Pan Italic Congress mission.
Through the event chain, I ended up making Peucetians and Messapia into feudatories.
But doing this bypassed the Destroy Apulians mission, so I can no longer form a Colonia in the area.
Is this intentional?

That's how PDX wrote it . . . having one of them as a subject will bypass the mission.

Hey it seems like there is still no way to increase the number of trade routes besides ports and cities. On the last version of the mod this caused my capital to always be starving. I changed the trade pro investment so it gives +1 trade route slot like in vanilla.

I know it is not perfect because: 1) causes gamey trade bonuses stacking; 2) can lead to some ultra-mega big cities. Still the lack of trade routes can create a hard cap on population and starvation, which I'm not a fan. Curious to hear your thoughts about it.

This is an intentional restriction; the geography of the world often creates a cap on the size of a population that can be supplied. While I'm looking into more options for ports to be able to ramp up their ability to import, as vanilla stands I can take any city no matter how remote and/or geographically isolated and with enough investment the growth is limitless. That just doesn't make sense on it's face, in my opinion.

Also how do you feel about the new "great families" system? Is any change planned?

I haven't really looked ahead much at their dev diaries as I've been busy; it is good to see that at least they do have some original ideas of their own for improving the game when they ran out of changes to imitate from GeS. Overall I think it can work well; though I'll withhold judgement until I see how it comes out at the end and what adjustments can be made to it.

That's how PDX wrote it . . . having one of them as a subject will bypass the mission.
This is an intentional restriction; the geography of the world often creates a cap on the size of a population that can be supplied. While I'm looking into more options for ports to be able to ramp up their ability to import, as vanilla stands I can take any city no matter how remote and/or geographically isolated and with enough investment the growth is limitless. That just doesn't make sense on it's face, in my opinion.
it.

I believe there should be other ways to increase trade routes in the capital how about a decision with scaling costs that add +1 TR slot in the capital. Maybe with a cost scaling on 500 gold (e.g.: 500; 1000; 1500; 2000 etc.). This would make it possible to stack capital trade goods modifiers and make huge cities, just not very worth it... IRL Rome did became really huge mostly by sucking all the grain out of Egypt, Sardinia and Sicily.

Edit: I'm actualy trying to create a new province investment costing gold myself, but I don't know how to make scaling costs? Could anyone help me?

Last edited:
I must be blind. But I got a couple missions completed as Rome and one of the rewards (for both) is I can form a colonia in a conquered territory.

But can't find how to do it. Not decisions, no apparent event (been a few months), nothing at all in the conquered territories that show I can set it as a colonia. Unless I'm blind and missed a button or something.

This was an issue for me in 1.13 as well. For some reason, he colonia event doesn't fire for Italian mission, though it started to work for others such as Epirus. Don't know the cause.

This was an issue for me in 1.13 as well. For some reason, he colonia event doesn't fire for Italian mission, though it started to work for others such as Epirus. Don't know the cause.

Ah thats a shame. Guess gotta wait for mod to fix that, since colonia stuff seems to be a big part of rome. I'll play someone else in mean time then