• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is the update still in line to be released today?

Unfortunately I can't get the map to load no matter what I've tried; I've switched gears to work on the 'Light' version of the mod so that I can get everything else working and release that before I go back to wrestling with the map. I've got a 5-day weekend due to an overtime ban coupled with holiday so I'm cracking into it today and hope to have speedy results on the 'Light' version (end of the day Friday is the latest I would think that will be) but can't make promises on the full version until I sort out the map.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Good afternoon all,

Unfortunately, I'm still running into roadblocks with getting the map to work. The good news is that the 'Light' version (without the expanded map) is ready to go and is being released. This means that when I do get the map figured out, all the other features are ready to go and I will continue working to bring the full version into compatibility with 1.4 'Archimedes'.

For now, Gladio Et Sale version 1.16 'Light' is available via Steam and Direct Download.

I reiterate, this is ONLY the LIGHT version with NO expanded map.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Good afternoon all,

Unfortunately, I'm still running into roadblocks with getting the map to work. The good news is that the 'Light' version (without the expanded map) is ready to go and is being released. This means that when I do get the map figured out, all the other features are ready to go and I will continue working to bring the full version into compatibility with 1.4 'Archimedes'.

For now, Gladio Et Sale version 1.16 'Light' is available via Steam and Direct Download.

Thank you for the update. I will pray for your success.

I am playing the 1.4 Light version.
I am not understanding how the Seleucid mission for subjugating Cappadocia works. I understand that I must be sieging Mazaca but the other conditions are not clear. If someone can help it would be appreciated!

Hi, small bug report is that copper's trade bonus is .05% and .025% starting unit xp while fur's bonus is 10% and 5%. I'm pretty sure the intended bonus for copper is 5% and 2.5%, and thankfully the fix is easily just changing local_start_experience = 0.05 or 0.025 to local_start_experience = 5 or 2.5. Anyways, this is a cool mod and i wish you luck in getting the main version's map fixed.

Potential localisation shenanigan: There's a province in north Peleponnessos, to the west of Korinthos, with a Chinese name.

Potential localisation shenanigan: There's a province in north Peleponnessos, to the west of Korinthos, with a Chinese name.
multiple ones in the Peleponnessos actually, at least on my game

also the special buildings (the 500g ones from earlier version) have normal costs now and you can build multiple of the same one -that doesnt seem intended?
sparta bloodline traits miss their discription
and its possible to stack all the bloodline traits now as they pass on from both genders, intended?

lastly with the new manpower amounts it makes taking over small nations really easy, maybe a bit to much

Hi!
Is Chinese flavor events (e.g. the coup of Shaqiu, power struggle in Chu, etc.) on the schedule? Can I help? (despite not owning the game at all...)
Also, the coast seem to follow the modern Chinese coast, which is quite different from the contemporary one due to alluvial deposition. You can find (roughly) the contemporary coastline here:

That's where I will go to reduce the number of anachronistic placenames as well. I could help with the placenames, but not the map's coast.

Thank you for putting efforts into this glorious mod!

Last edited:
Good afternoon all,

Do you still have issue's with getting the map to work? I created a little map modding trouble shoot here. Perhaps that will help you identify your issue. If that doesn't cover it, perhaps you could post the problem here and I might be able to offer some insight.

Salvete everyone,

Glad to announce that after FAR too much frustration, I've finally gotten the expanded map back up and running, therefore GeS 1.16 full version is now available via Steam and Direct Download!

There are still some minor quirks with this version (e.g. minimap isn't updated) but as I won't have time to work on it until at least this coming weekend I wanted to make it available now that it is finally running again. Development on the mod will continue!

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions:
Good to hear! Did you figure out what was causing your problem (I am very much interested to know what errors the game throws up when map modding :))
Province setup files. I had already gone line-by-line through my provinces twice to find all the missing numbers but I had two uninhabitable provinces that had pops designated for them. No error in the logs just a crash at 75-80% of generating world.

Never had it crash at 75-80% during all my (many) crashes. Interesting.

But yes, setting up the history files for the uninhabitable provinces has broken me up more than once. The new update certainly improved the game, but unfortunately it didn't make modding any easier.

Great mod, I just started playing in the past few days and I love it.

I'm getting a strange issue with the map near Syracuse. In at least the territory directly north of Syracuse, and I believe in a few others (I don't have the game handy at the moment), I can't see armies when they're in the territory, although they are definitely there. When I order an army to march into one of these territories, the path that appears on the screen is nuts, and shoots way to the southeast. I could only select my armies in those territories by clicking on them in the outliner. I'm only using Gladio et Sale (the latest full version) and a mod to always show the date in both AUC and BCE/CE.

Great mod, I just started playing in the past few days and I love it.

I'm getting a strange issue with the map near Syracuse. In at least the territory directly north of Syracuse, and I believe in a few others (I don't have the game handy at the moment), I can't see armies when they're in the territory, although they are definitely there. When I order an army to march into one of these territories, the path that appears on the screen is nuts, and shoots way to the southeast. I could only select my armies in those territories by clicking on them in the outliner. I'm only using Gladio et Sale (the latest full version) and a mod to always show the date in both AUC and BCE/CE.

1) Are you using steam or the direct download? If the direct download, is it 1_16 or 1_16a? There were some unit positioning issues (mostly in China) that I patched in 1.16a but didn't expressly announce as anyone who already made the full download and was playing in the west would have little reason to go through another large download.

2) I highly doubt it is a conflict with the second mod, but GeS has a button by the date bar and you can toggle between AUC, BC, and both shown together. Definitely anything else that mods the ingame_topbar.gui file will obscure the in-game encyclopedia button at the very least.

1) Are you using steam or the direct download? If the direct download, is it 1_16 or 1_16a? There were some unit positioning issues (mostly in China) that I patched in 1.16a but didn't expressly announce as anyone who already made the full download and was playing in the west would have little reason to go through another large download.

2) I highly doubt it is a conflict with the second mod, but GeS has a button by the date bar and you can toggle between AUC, BC, and both shown together. Definitely anything else that mods the ingame_topbar.gui file will obscure the in-game encyclopedia button at the very least.

Oddly, I ended up moving an army in Sicily again later in that same game (after quitting and reloading saves several times in the course of playing) and the problem wasn't there, my armies moved normally. I am using the Steam mod.

There is one thing that seems odd, though. The provinces in central Greece and the northern Peloponnese seem mixed up. The territories of Thoricus and Tanagra in vanilla Attica and the island of Keos are the only three territories in the province of Euboea, all of Euboea is part of the province of Attica, and Arcadia and Achaea both seem to have territories that belong to the other.

Oddly, I ended up moving an army in Sicily again later in that same game (after quitting and reloading saves several times in the course of playing) and the problem wasn't there, my armies moved normally. I am using the Steam mod.

There is one thing that seems odd, though. The provinces in central Greece and the northern Peloponnese seem mixed up. The territories of Thoricus and Tanagra in vanilla Attica and the island of Keos are the only three territories in the province of Euboea, all of Euboea is part of the province of Attica, and Arcadia and Achaea both seem to have territories that belong to the other.

Ok, sounds like it downloaded the steam update that fixed it in the interim. The areas do appear to be all turned around; I didn't verify them after I made changes in the file and will get that fixed.