• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Glad people are as eager for the next version as I am to release it; unfortunately until the localization problem for mods is fixed a mod like this that uses so much unique localization is basically unplayable so hopefully they will fix that soon.

I am not up to date on this, what's the problem with localisation?

From the Steam page:

RivtalDM [author] 8 hours ago
notification_icon_flag_light.png

Double good news today in that Paradox' beta that's available does fix the mod localization issue and I have finally tracked down the bugs keeping my map from loading in 1.3 so I should have a releasable version sometime on Sunday!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1737185536

Depending on the hotfixes, modding game will left out the localization out and thus users must manually insert them into the game main localization folder.

Ah I see. Thank you

Just making sure we need to subscribe to the beta/public test branch for this, then.
I've been waiting WEEKS for the latest version of GeS.
Hear, hear. I have been waiting myself as well. I was going to try out the early Sinnic culture then 1.3 happened.

Unfortunately folks, a major performance drag is making the current version unreleasable until it is tracked down. Working on it and will update you as soon as I know more.

Hello everyone, at long last version 1.13 is here and compatible with 1.3 'Livy'! This update sees another 500 pixels of height added to the map in order to accommodate the Korean Peninsula; this will be the last size change for the map as I shift to focus on content and filling in some of the currently blank areas such as Mongolia. I've taken the vanilla Roman and Carthaginian missions "as-is" for now; 1.14 will see them spruced up and all GES missions transferred to the new mission system.

Full Version - Steam

Full Version - Direct

EDIT: The direct link has been updated to 1.13.1

Additionally, at the request of a number of players I've released a 'Light' version of GES without the expanded map for those with slower PCs or who don't want China around in general. It contains all the same flavor content and features just with the normal vanilla map.

Light Version - Steam

Light Version - Direct

Last edited:
Woohoo!

Edit
Crashes the game for me after I click on Single Player and the map is about to show itself.
Version is the Full non-steam one and the game version is 1.3.2 Livy

Last edited:
I tried the Light Version and it works.
No idea what's wrong with the Full Version.

Can't click on any mini map buttons. When trying to click on any of the buttons (settings, terrain, pops, culture, etc.) it just selects the province behind the navigation panel, as if the panel is transparent.
I can close the mini-map, click on the search button, but none of the terrain feature buttons work.

GES 1.3 is the only mod turned ON
Game version 1.3.2

Without the mod everything works fine. Any idea what this could be?

Can't click on any mini map buttons. When trying to click on any of the buttons (settings, terrain, pops, culture, etc.) it just selects the province behind the navigation panel, as if the panel is transparent.
I can close the mini-map, click on the search button, but none of the terrain feature buttons work.

GES 1.3 is the only mod turned ON
Game version 1.3.2

Without the mod everything works fine. Any idea what this could be?

It’s probably because I had to move them up for the larger minimap and didn’t make the window they’re in big enough. I have a hotfix planned for Monday; someone elsewhere pointed out the hotkeys for them still work in the interim.

Some thoughts on your very excellent mod, cross-posted from what I said on the workshop page:

Had a chance to play through this (not to the "end date" - but a full enough game experience). I played as a Yemeni tribe, quickly shifted to Judaism, and built a slave/trade empire that could take on the Seleucids and Egypt. A few thoughts:

1- I really love the shifts to cultural conversion. Not seeing Egypt go full Macedonian within 100 years really helped me get into the game, playing in that region.

2- The new omen system had some interesting implications - but I found myself going for the same Omens time and again: Population Growth, Reduced Aggressive Expansion, Research Rate, Stability, Tax Modifier. I wonder - is there any way to tie omens to the stats/personalities of your High Priest? Like, a greedy high priest gives a level of tax modifier boost where a founder might give a level of population growth? (This shift could come with an overall reduction by 1 to omen points, to make up for the free level given by the advisor).

3- Did provincial investments get removed? I assume they did (aka, click here to give +1 trade routes). Some of the missions gave these or required them, but I couldn't find the interface to do such. I suspect this is a legacy of mission systems that you've not yet updated.

4- As a former tribe, I had unlimited inventions - the timer continued to advance before I'd completed any research - I was able to acquire every invention instantly for free when I researched anything.

5- Fishing Towns are my favorite thing. I founded Towns in many coastal ports because they don't remove the food resource. These were critical for the desert, with few food resources. I encouraged pirate havens so I wanted to make sure I had forts in my ports. Slave-boosting buildings in towns occupied an excellent middle ground for this - enough space a specialization route, but not quite enough population boost (like cities) to support Aqueduct + Huge Population. Overall my favorite addition.

6- I couldn't figure out how to convert a Tributary to a Client State.

7- Other than the map-mode issue reported by others, I didn't notice many bugs outside of the mission system. Many of the missions could not be completed, but that's no surprise as I don't believe you've gone through them (the generic missions) to update them to your new building system. There was a slight slowdown, likely due to increased complexity and map size, but it remained quite playable throughout.

8- Tiny localization / formatting note - for tribes, the town appears in tooltips as "town" not "Town" where "City" and "Metropolis" are always capitalized in tooltips. Also, the button to found a town still shows a localization string rather than the intended tooltip text.

9- Don't build a cataphract and heavy infantry force with the intention of marching them through a desert. Seriously Bad Idea. [I appreciate this, though I learned the hard way]

10- I appreciate that manpower matters now. I'm not sure if it was a function of my start position or of changes you made, but I found myself consistently low on manpower after wars and skirmishes.

Last edited:
Version 1.13.1 is out to fix some bugs with last week's release; for those of you with Steam the mod should be automatically updating shortly.

Fixes:
* Korea's economy is no longer based entirely on stone
* Fixed the mapmode buttons not working
* Fixed some localization related to Towns

For those that don't want to re-download the whole mod for minor fixes, this link will get you the common/province_setup.csv and gui/ingame_topbar.gui and localization/English/riv_gui_l_english.yml files that fix these problems and you can manually replace the affected files in the Imperator/mod/riv_gladio folder.

2- The new omen system had some interesting implications - but I found myself going for the same Omens time and again: Population Growth, Reduced Aggressive Expansion, Research Rate, Stability, Tax Modifier. I wonder - is there any way to tie omens to the stats/personalities of your High Priest? Like, a greedy high priest gives a level of tax modifier boost where a founder might give a level of population growth? (This shift could come with an overall reduction by 1 to omen points, to make up for the free level given by the advisor).

That's an excellent idea; I've been trying to come up with some ways to make the omen system more dynamic and this could definitely help.

3- Did provincial investments get removed? I assume they did (aka, click here to give +1 trade routes). Some of the missions gave these or required them, but I couldn't find the interface to do such. I suspect this is a legacy of mission systems that you've not yet updated.

7- Other than the map-mode issue reported by others, I didn't notice many bugs outside of the mission system. Many of the missions could not be completed, but that's no surprise as I don't believe you've gone through them (the generic missions) to update them to your new building system. There was a slight slowdown, likely due to increased complexity and map size, but it remained quite playable throughout.

Provincial investments did get removed; missions are the main focus for 1.14 in order to quash any bugs between my version and Paradox' and bring all my existing missions into their new system.

4- As a former tribe, I had unlimited inventions - the timer continued to advance before I'd completed any research - I was able to acquire every invention instantly for free when I researched anything.

I'll look into it; I know there is a similar bug with gaming the way the invention windows work so it may be related.

6- I couldn't figure out how to convert a Tributary to a Client State.

There's a button in the diplomacy interface (square button with flags) that I added but it is inconsistent in it's functionality right now and I think it's the engine has issues where the command to make a subject type doesn't always work if they are already your subject of another type.

What the hell I am still getting the same crash when I try out the full version.
It gets to fetching the save games and when the map should appear just crashes.

I don't even have any save games that it could load. It's as if it doesn't like the bigger map.

The error log is also an exact copy (bar the time stamps) of my previous full version crashes.

I am absolutely clueless.

Attachments

• error.txt
    16,5 KB · Views: 9
What the hell I am still getting the same crash when I try out the full version.
It gets to fetching the save games and when the map should appear just crashes.

I don't even have any save games that it could load. It's as if it doesn't like the bigger map.

The error log is also an exact copy (bar the time stamps) of my previous full version crashes.

I am absolutely clueless.

That looks identical to the error log I see every day aside from the first entry; you've tried it multiple times I assume (I sometimes have it crash on the first at attempt then load fine after that; no idea why). That first error about a mod not up to date with current version, any chance you have another mod enabled that is too far down the list to see (the new launcher is not friendly in that way)?

Last edited:
That looks identical to the error log I see every day aside from the first entry; you've tried it multiple times I assume (I sometimes have it crash on the first at attempt then load fine after that; no idea why). That first error about a mod not up to date with current version, any chance you have another mod enabled that is too far down the list to see (the new launcher is not friendly in that way)?

Nah there aren't any other mods active as I only have 5.
I really have no idea what's wrong with the game. Every other mod just works perfectly except this full version.
Which is weird as I played it before without a problem.

Perhaps I'll delete the game and complete purge everything of it from the drive and then reinstall.
Though that's a hassle with German bandwidth speed.

Nah there aren't any other mods active as I only have 5.
I really have no idea what's wrong with the game. Every other mod just works perfectly except this full version.
Which is weird as I played it before without a problem.

Perhaps I'll delete the game and complete purge everything of it from the drive and then reinstall.
Though that's a hassle with German bandwidth speed.

Out of curiosity, what operating system are you working with and how much ram do you have? I’ve got no idea whether it could have something to do with it just taking shots in the dark at this point.