Liberator playstyle now borked?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Morfane

Sergeant
16 Badges
Dec 8, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
I haven't tried this in a while, but I like to play a liberator, where I find enslaved species and get them their homeworld and sovereignty back. Unfortunately, my recent attempt at this failed because they were too close to Earth ("sector capitals must be more than 5 jumps apart"). The whole thing seems unnecessary.

Is there any way to use this playstyle in the early game, or do I have to wait for habitats so I can temporarily move my capital to the far side of the sector? (note - I play with vastly reduced habitable planets) It looks like the max sector size is moddable, but not this particular rule.

Last edited:
Reactions:
how many empires are you spawning that you have empires spawning less then 5 systems away lmao
Five jumps in every direction is a lot of space.

It's pretty common to see primitives spawn within 5 jumps and occasionally do you get other empires within 5 jumps.

You can even get wacky spawns like spawning in the center of somebody else's Common Ground or Hegemon origin.

Five jumps in every direction is a lot of space.

It's pretty common to see primitives spawn within 5 jumps and occasionally do you get other empires within 5 jumps.

You can even get wacky spawns like spawning in the center of somebody else's Common Ground or Hegemon origin.
he said he plays with "vastly reduced" habitables which would make seeing pre ftls at all a rarity, let alone in the first five systems. As for the second I don't doubt it but I've never seen it myself thankfully lol

he said he plays with "vastly reduced" habitables which would make seeing pre ftls at all a rarity, let alone in the first five systems. As for the second I don't doubt it but I've never seen it myself thankfully lol
I play on a medium galaxy with 54 starting empires. Pre-ftl's are left at default, and I see a normal quantity. On average, empire homeworlds are about 3-4 jumps away from each other. I find playing with a normal number of empires and habitable worlds gives you way too much to take care of in the late game, which is not what I enjoy.

Even without all these mods, I would still have a problem where I have to delete sectors to restore my neighbor's sovereignty. Liberation wars where I don't invade the slavers' worlds don't really work either, as the liberated planet would have my ethos, which is also not at all what I want. Additionally, I often play as a Rogue Servitor, and would like to set up my neighbors with their own buttlebots and sanctuaries, but not actually have them under my control.

I play on a medium galaxy with 54 starting empires

Vanilla max empires for Medium (600 stars) was 18 last time I checked.

How do you get 54?