• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what magic people tell me to try, the game still still CTD before the launcher even pops up. Hotfix* is meaningless.

*Does not actually fix game-breaking bugs

Reactions:
Not hotfix material by the any definition of the word.
It's a hot topic that some people are fixated about.:)

No matter what magic people tell me to try, the game still still CTD before the launcher even pops up. Hotfix* is meaningless.

Do you have mods in your mod folder? I had this problem the other day but I fixed it when I deleted the mods.

Reactions:

Did you delete the mod folder (C:\User\Username\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\mod)? A friend of mine complained to me that this fix wouldn't work for him and it turned out that he only deleted the content of the folder and not the folder itself. Once he did that he managed to start the game again. Maybe this fixes your issue as well if you haven't tried already.

Edit: Of course you need to unsubscribe from all mods of the steam workshop first

- Lowered cost of diplomatic annexation from 10 to 8 dip points per development (since there's more ways to decrease adm cost)
- Autonomy from diploannexation is now 60 (down from 75).

Both quite needed buffs to Diplo Annexation, as while I give that previously it was to efficient, with the changes to 1.12 it was to inefficient same cost, time delay and high autonomy (60 still sounds a wee bit to high through ... 50 prehaps?).

Should be closer to where both are viable approches

Have you done a clean re-install? Unsubscribe from all mods in the Steam Workshop, then delete the game through Steam, and delete the game's folder in the SteamApps/common folder, and then delete the EU4 subfolder in "My Documents/Paradox Interactive/" (might want to keep the save games folder). After that, just re-install the game through Steam.

Reactions:
Question about modding: has the static modifiers file changed? Has anything in defines changed other than the diplo annex cost and LA?

defines.lua: no.

00_static_modifiers: yes, some new items added, and some changes in existing made:
Code:
primitive_nation = {
    development_cost = 1
}

gov_rank_1 = {
}

gov_rank_2 = {
    diplomats = 1
}

gov_rank_3 = {
    diplomats = 1
    free_leader_pool = 1
}

# for mod support...
gov_rank_4 = {
}

gov_rank_5 = {
}

gov_rank_6 = {
}

gov_rank_7 = {
}

gov_rank_8 = {
}

gov_rank_9 = {
}

gov_rank_10 = {
}

Reactions:
defines.lua: no.

00_static_modifiers: yes, some new items added, and some changes in existing made:
Code:
primitive_nation = {
    development_cost = 1
}

gov_rank_1 = {
}

gov_rank_2 = {
    diplomats = 1
}

gov_rank_3 = {
    diplomats = 1
    free_leader_pool = 1
}

# for mod support...
gov_rank_4 = {
}

gov_rank_5 = {
}

gov_rank_6 = {
}

gov_rank_7 = {
}

gov_rank_8 = {
}

gov_rank_9 = {
}

gov_rank_10 = {
}

I also noticed that overseas penalty for provincial force limit and blockade penalty has both been removed from static modifiers. Why is that?

People seriously think that scrubbing my mods and reinstalling the game weren't already suggested and done multiple times? Not that I should I have do any of this anyway, the game should be playable.

Reactions:
Have you done a clean re-install? Unsubscribe from all mods in the Steam Workshop, then delete the game through Steam, and delete the game's folder in the SteamApps/common folder, and then delete the EU4 subfolder in "My Documents/Paradox Interactive/" (might want to keep the save games folder). After that, just re-install the game through Steam.

All you need to do is unsubsribe from mods then delete everything in the mod folder inside "...\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\mod". You don't have to reinstall.

Reactions:

Wow. Thank you. I managed to get it working finaly. I was flushing files in the documets/PI but not the whole paradox file and now it works.

You are my hero.

LYF6wDb.jpg
People seriously think that scrubbing my mods and reinstalling the game weren't already suggested and done multiple times? Not that I should I have do any of this anyway, the game should be playable.
I have been having the same problem where the launcher just won't even launch itself. I unsubscribed and deleted the mod folder and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and I still get and error when I try to open the launcher.

I added an image of the error.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Any chance we can get the complete 1.12.0 patch notes stickied? Maybe I'm slow, but they were a tad long and I've failed to commit them to memory yet.

Or a link to the 1.12.0 changes inserted into the first post? Or better yet, just cut/pasted into the first post?

Status
Not open for further replies.