HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The ease of invading Britain is based on other things, primarily the Ai's inability to recognize coastline as a potentially hostile border. Since Britain and Japan have no foreign land borders on their home islands those tend to be very poorly defended. To the AI, Malaya or the Raj seem much more in need of strengthening than do the home isles.

Look at the US deployment when they are neutral. It puts a lot of units on the Mexican border and not nearly that many on its major ports. It simply cannot recognize the main threat properly.

Now if you add a quirky naval system on top of that, Sea Lion becomes even less sporting than shooting fish in a barrel.
Sue, but I'm referring specifically to the way NAVs works at the moment, in MtG it would seem like you'd actually need a navy to beat the RN.

Naval commanders can only command limited amount of ships. May be the end of stack of dome.
We'll have to see that, he's commanding far more than 12 ships there, and 10 is a far too small number.
But it's definitely a limited amount of *something*.

20.11 The navy is here!
Link

Desktop 20-11-2018 18-58-57-949.png

Edit:Apologies for the delay.

He didn't even use the teaser to show off a new admiral. :(

10 task forces/groups?
Could be. In this case though, 10 might be too much, maybe?
I dunno, haven't seen anything even close to this system in action, any conclusions would be precipitated.

10 task forces/groups?
Could be.

The "Home Command" panel is clearly a higher-level command of the "Home Fleet" one, and the "Home Fleet" doesn't track the number, so that seems most likely. How effective the cap will be will depend entirely on what restrictions there are on the lower-order units. Seems like a generally intuitive and helpful interface over all, and I'll be interested to see details of some of the new functionality.

Last edited:
Looks like Admirals got the same skills-type of expansion that Generals got last time

Forgot about that, although hard to tell what any of them actually do except wild guesses from the names.
As he said, attack and defense are pretty straightforward, but indeed, we'll need more info on how combat works to know what maneuvering and coordination do.

Looks like a couple of new missions for navies to perform. The ship with gear on the far left and the man in front of boat(?) on the far right are new. (The lay mine, sweep mines missions are pretty obvious). Any speculation there?
Also the screenshot appears to show a hierarchy with a Home Command and a subordinate Home Fleet. Home Command may be over its command limit (12/10).

Looks like a couple of new missions for navies to perform. The ship with gear on the far left and the man in front of boat(?) on the far right are new. (The lay mine, sweep mines missions are pretty obvious). Any speculation there?
Also the screenshot appears to show a hierarchy with a Home Command and a subordinate Home Fleet. Home Command may be over its command limit (12/10).
The ship with the gear is the naval exercise mission, as detailed in this diary here

...and the next to last is amphibious support or naval gunfire support, to avoid having to use the anchor for anything else than staying in port?
There's a gap between the last two, so maybe another mission can be added? What about "Fleet in being" - staying in port but ready to act on short notice?