• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice looking European Empire there, I look forward to see if you can get some of those vassals peacefully annexed soon.
It is very evil of the people of Brandenburg to start all those rebellions against your rightful overlords ship and your control over their land, I guess you just have to crush them and teach them once and for all to accept your rule ;)

pjcrowe said:
Lazy people! :D Yeah, started with Isle Royale, then Delaware, then Chesapeake, then Roanoke. The last is still a TP, as is my sole possession in Africa, Kazoo.

Here's a map of my neighborhood in Europe:
han1.jpg

-Pat

A PIC; HALLELUJA.
Looking good :) . I'm with you all the way.
Well, not ALL the way. Don't expect me to take you to the altar or something like that ;)

Wow, three months. I really need to catch up on my notes. :eek:o Just be aware, that much game play means various margins of three envelopes and a random piece of scrap paper, so I might miss a few items.

The first note I can find is gated 25 Dec 1550, with our capture of Mageburg from the rebels. Jan 1551:Master, our vassal Hessen has converted to Reformed, breaking all alliances with us!
Damn! That cost us our entire diplomatic corps!
We upgraded Karoo to a colony on 19 Feb, and gained a diplomat on 1 Mar. Quickly! Send them to Hessen with a request to rejoin our military alliance, before they wander off with some other power! Kustrin revolted in Nov 1552, so we sent our army there and defeated them little more than a month later.

Poland-Lithuania demonstrated how poorly led they are by waiting until our army was on their very border before declaring war on us on 20 Dec. They were supported by the Knights, Spain, Genoa, Portugal, Pskov and the Papacy, while Hannover, Saxony, Bohemia and Hessen came to our defence. Jan 1553:Helvetia has announced their conversion to Reformed!
That is a small matter; what concerns the Plan is their continued independence.
We defeated an attempt by Pskov to relieve our seige of Thorn on 1 Jun, and two days later the city surrendered, giving us control of Posen. We won a second naval victory over Spain on 2 Jul, and the next day Poland agreed to pay war indemnities.

That's enough for now, I'll post more later.

-Pat

Last edited:
Nice to see a new post Pat. Those silly Polish seems to have made a very bad decision, good work taking them out. In time I am certain you shall be able to crush them once and for all :)

Let's see here, we forged a dynastic alliance with Thuringen in Mar 1554 and with Sweden in late May '55. England and Scotland went to war that latter month, although nothing became of it. We paid off a loan in Aug. The fall of '55 was full of promise, as Saxony became our vassal on 3 Oct and Karoo became a city at the close of Nov. These were omens of a restored balance, as Karl V resigned as the head of all things Habsburg and the Electors gave the imperium to his brother in Austria rather than his son in distant Spain.

Two weeks later England refused our offer of a royal marriage, and would continue refusing for a few years. Hessen, however, agreed to dynastic ties in Dec, and on 4 Dec news of our successful TP at Rufiji came. We achieved Trade Tech 5 in Feb 1557. Two months later saw a white peace between Spain and the Incas (even 90 years into the game, Spain has taken not a single province from the Incas). Magdeburg revolted in Jun, so we marched against the scum only to lose the battle! It wasn't until mid Oct that we finally subdued the province. And Prussia rejected our advances in Nov.

In Jan 1558 Protestant Hannover converted to Protestant. :confused: Fortunately, no alliances were broken. England finally agreed to a dynastic tie on 28 May. And then I did something truly machiavellian: in Jan 1559 we traded maps with Sweden and then, on our way out the door, told them their merchants were no longer welcome in our CoT Holstein. We recovered to +3 Stability in Jun, but fate got even with us: that year we faild in our attempts at TPs in Manhattan, Niteroi, and Managuin. And finally, we reached Land Tech 8 in Dec.

These two updates cover one of my envelope notes. The next will be the scrap of paper!

-Pat

pjcrowe said:
In Jan 1558 Protestant Hannover converted to Protestant. :confused:

Obviously, they weren't quite Protestant enough. :)

Strange of Hannover, maybe it is one great conspiracy against you, I say kill them all and take their lands, they can’t be trusted ;)
Looking forward to more :)

J. Passepartout said:
Or maybe they were so protestant that they had circled back to being Catholic.
Nah, only the English do that! :p

Lord E said:
I say kill them all and take their lands, they can’t be trusted
NO NO NO! I will not annex any provinces by force nor by diplomacy. Brandenburg was by random event; I'll accept inheritances, and I'll send out my colonists, but I will not push my rule on anyone! And yet, a mere nine decades into the game, I have about a 200 point lead over Turkey and Spain :cool: .

-Pat

pjcrowe said:
I will not annex any provinces by force nor by diplomacy.

*shakes head* Poor, poor, misguided pjcrowe... ;)

Morpheus506 said:
*shakes head* Poor, poor, misguided pjcrowe... ;)
You know, Morph, this entire GC is dedicated to [driving] you [nuts]. :D

Jan 1560:Deflation! Woohoo! Take out 3 loans to finance two naval factories! We reached Naval 7 in Apr, but suffered a revolt at Brandenburg in May. We finally succeeded in establishing a TP at Manhattan on All Hollow's Eve, and at Niteroi in mid Nov a year later. A dynastic bond was forged with Denmark on 3 Sep 1561, but Thuringen rejected our invitation to join our alliance on 10 Dec.

In Oct 1562 we reached Land 9, just in time for 8 OctMilord! Scotland has declared war on -
Yes, yes, they've declared war on their ancient enemy, England.
No, milord: Georgia! :confused:
In late Nov Manhattan was upgraded to a colony. 26 Jun 1563:Turkey's expansion seems to have stalled; they have had to cede Sinai back to the Mameluks. On 2 Jul we reforged our alliance starting with Thuringen, then Hannover, Hessen, and Bohemia; the Saxons were miffed at being left for last, and refused to join.

Stay tuned for the next installment, when various rivals see their fortunes falter!

-Pat

Last edited:
Finally some posts. You took your time you know? During this time I've had to move to EUII. :( Good to be back and to see you alive. Now what did I tell you about those picks :mad: ;) :p

Brandenburg revolts in Apr 1564, but we defeat them before the month is out. Magdeburg does the same in Jul, but I never wrote down when I defeated them. Starting in Aug all taxes went to treasury, which allowed me to pay off two of out loans in Feb. 1 Nov: The Plan is running smoothly; Bohemia has consented to be our vassal.

Jan 1565: The Pope declares open season on all who have left his shackles at the Council of Trent! This pales in comparison to the news out of Karroo: a new CoT has opened there, which will allow us to control the trade of Africa. Our land tech reached 10 in Apr, but Prussia rejected our marriage offer on 12 Sep. It would take until Jul 1566 [that doesn't seem right :confused: ] for us to gain a monopoly at Karroo, having easily reached level 5 and then repeatedly failing for that last merchant.

1 Aug 1567: The Dutch have declared independence from Spain and Hannover, taking the Hannoverian province of Holland as their capital!
And does our ally Hannover call upon us to fight this new country?
No, milord. It seems they fully accept the Plan, in that this helps balance against Spain's power. The Dutch are only at war with Spain.

We arranged dynastic ties with the newcomers later that month. Manhattan became a city at the end of Oct, and on 5 Nov we achieved an absolute monopoly of trade at Holstein.

1 Dec: England has fallen into Civil War! Anglia, Wessex, Lancashire, Wales, Connaught, and Ulster are all rebel controlled. Nova Scotia also rebels, but for some reason they do not control the unfortified city. A week later we failed our attempt to upgrade Niteroi to a colony, and within days the natives had torched our TP there.

And I'll leave off with one last entry, as that will complete the scrap of paper:
24 May 1569: Milord! Spain has embargoed our merchants, and our control of trade at Zacatecas is a major source of our income!
Make all the proper arrangements. ...

to be continued

-Pat

Last edited:
Aha! With that embargo you have the perfect casus belli to go and take them out! Woohoo!

Damnit, I forgot. This is pjcrowe we're talking about. Pfffffffft. ;)

J. Passepartout said:
If you were to fight that would be an excellent excuse...

But the Dutch are fighting for us.

Don't worry, I'll be joining the Dutch cause, a few times in fact... I'll be back later tonight to write up the next installment, which ends with the Hanse in first place! Woohoo! :cool:

Who says you need to conquer lots of provinces to win the VP race? :D

-Pat

pjcrowe said:
Who says you need to conquer lots of provinces to win the VP race? :D

-Pat

Me.