• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gaarq said:
great gods! ninjas!

hellzyeah ninjas! omfgroflsobgdiicbinbkicka$s!!!1!

but what i truly love is the attention to detail! :eek: no one could possibly spend that long in russia - let alone siberia - without becoming a raging alcoholic! & behold, the deadly* ninja vodka breath! :D
j.

*when combined with throwing knives and/or emmanuel lewis

Discomb said:
Gaarq said:
李 濟 深 被 刺 殺 了 !
Why traditional? I didn't get it at first. :p

simply, I am traditionalist... :D
李 濟 深 被 刺 杀 了 ! is it better now? :p

and honestly, you would expect in The Empire of China to use simplified characters? they were developed in Comm.China in 50's, if I am not wrong... (and I know the idea is older, but not its realisation) and Mao Zedong has gone in this alt.history ;)

Last edited:
You are correct. Who am I to insult the great Li by requesting characters that were not even invented in his lifetime, not to mention timeline, or by him.

Li Jishen will strike back from the grave :p

My my, that is a surprise. Well played!

And that, kids, is how the Chinese empire fell apart :p. Really though, I suspect that Li will live, but will go into hiding.

GeneralHannibal said:
And that, kids, is how the Chinese empire fell apart :p. Really though, I suspect that Li will live, but will go into hiding.

Zombie Li FTW! :rofl:

GeneralHannibal said:
I suspect that Li will live, but will go into hiding.
yar Myth are you pulling a dag231 on us? :p

chefportnen said:
This is excellent, two AARs (this one and rcduggan's) with an assassination attempt. Life, so far, is good.
you forgot dags.

chefportnen said:
Fine, two AARs that I'm subscribed to...
oh well in that case... :D

!!!applause!!! me feels Myth comes with surprise. Myth says too many "perhaps". but me not knows what surprise. oh, me sees big surprise. yippee!
but do you really see it? ;)

EDIT: This was a very devious twist and I commend you Myth for killing off you main character in this.... fashion.
:D thanks

WHAT!??!?!?!

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How could you let this happen, Myth? The cliffhanger of the year!!!
but the year's only begun a month ago...:p

Does this mean that lumbering oaf Zongren will have to take over...
Cause he's busy elsewhere.
its meaning shall be revealed in time

hellzyeah ninjas! omfgroflsobgdiicbinbkicka$s!!!1!

but what i truly love is the attention to detail! no one could possibly spend that long in russia - let alone siberia - without becoming a raging alcoholic! & behold, the deadly* ninja vodka breath!
j.

*when combined with throwing knives and/or emmanuel lewis
yes indeed, vodka literally kills now! :eek:

and honestly, you would expect in The Empire of China to use simplified characters? they were developed in Comm.China in 50's, if I am not wrong... (and I know the idea is older, but not its realisation) and Mao Zedong has gone in this alt.history]
You are correct. Who am I to insult the great Li by requesting characters that were not even invented in his lifetime, not to mention timeline, or by him.
*nods sagely* yes indeed :p

Li Jishen will strike back from the grave
Zombie Li FTW!
;)

My my, that is a surprise. Well played!
thank you! :D

Can you atleast tell us how the French state war runed aut?
its still going on

does this means a whole rack of partisan activity?!
perhaps in a sense...

And that, kids, is how the Chinese empire fell apart
perhaps...

Really though, I suspect that Li will live, but will go into hiding.
hmmm, interesting theory :p

This is excellent, two AARs (this one and rcduggan's) with an assassination attempt. Life, so far, is good.
:D

yar Myth are you pulling a dag231 on us?
shiftyeyes.gif

The man strode down the corridor, keeping his eyes locked forward at all times. There was nothing to see anyway, the corridor was white, empty, sterile. It was a long corridor, but the man knew there was an end to it. He had walked it before. Soon, his destination was in sight, one solitary door that marked the end of the corridor. Within moments he reached it, turned the knob and stepped in.

Within was a man, a powerful man. The two men both knew he was powerful; he smoked cigars and sat behind a wide desk. The man behind the desk began speaking in atrocious, badly-accented Japanese.

“It is done, then.”

The man bowed toward the powerful desk and the man behind who claimed it as his. “Yes.”

“And so the non-expansionist faction in Guilin will take control. The Chinese invasion of America will never happen. Their army will be forced to turn back to China for…other reasons; they will abandon Europe. New states will emerge. Others will consolidate.”

As the man behind the desk continued to rant, the man in front of it ignored him, lost in thought. His own quest was finally at an end, but surely his master would wish more of him.

“Are you listening?”

Snapping out of his reverie, the man in front of the desk nodded, prompting the man behind it to go on with his ramblings. “As I was saying, that is where you will come into the picture again. We will release Tojo, as agreed, and provide the rebels with weapons, especially heavy weapons.”

The man in front of the desk smiled excitedly. “Japan will rise again!”

The man behind nodded disinterestedly. “Yes, yes. Of course it will. The important thing, however, is that a worldwide war has been averted, tens of millions may have died before such a war would have ended. Instead, it will be merely a regional war, if perhaps just as large.”

Tilting his head to the side as he, for perhaps for the first time, looked at the man standing in front of him he continued. “Japan will, of course, play a key role in such a war. As you say, Japan will rise again.”

Satisfied that he had thrown a bone to the dog in front of him, he nodded. “We will release Tojo now, he will meet you outside. As there is other pressing business to take care of, I do believe our business here is thus...concluded.”

The End

* * *​
* *​

Yes, the first chapter of this tale has been completed! I'll post more comments later today/tomorrow.

Sybot said:
First chapter? Now I'm really interested. Great ending btw.
Good ending, terrible writing style :D

I'll tell you what I think over MSN. Oh and if anybody still has doubts about the absolutely obvious subject of the upcoming second chapter, you... wow... :p