• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I will answer your call and put my military expertise at your disposal. I will support the use of weapons to bring down these extremists who have excommunicated and dishonored me after years of loyal service.
Lorenzo da Lusari

I have met Henry once and he had the generosity to offer me a work in the colonies and a place in this world. I refused his offer then despite his warnings, he pointed out how hypocritical the court was. I promised I would answer generosity with generosity. My excommunication after so many years of loyal service in the royal armies has proved Henry's point, I thereby offer you my sword and my loyal service hoping both will be use to support Duke Niccolò's actions.
Lorenzo da Lusari

I have met Henry once and he had the generosity to offer me a work in the colonies and a place in this world. I refused his offer then despite his warnings, he pointed out how hypocritical the court was. I promised I would answer generosity with generosity. My excommunication after so many years of loyal service in the royal armies has proved Henry's point, I thereby offer you my sword and my loyal service hoping both will be use to support Duke Niccolò's actions.
Lorenzo da Lusari

My brother was a lunatic. But he has a point. The court is corrupt. And if we stand idly by it will remain so. If you still wish to join TATC then I will gladly welcome you in. We always seek to employ more man.
Matthis de Saint-Pierre

My brother was a lunatic. But he has a point. The court is corrupt. And if we stand idly by it will remain so. If you still wish to join TATC then I will gladly welcome you in. We always seek to employ more man.
Matthis de Saint-Pierre

(( I would basically become a mercenary for the company, since you direct it, what's going to happen from a gameplay point of view ?))

(( I would basically become a mercenary for the company, since you direct it, what's going to happen from a gameplay point of view ?))

((Not much. You can still act they way you like. It just means you get a nice VP booster from one of TATC monopolies!))

Name: Benjamin Von Alps
Date of birth: July 4 1560
Class: noble
Religion: catholic
Bio: Benjamin Von Alps comes from the nobility of Germany, his ancestor emigrated to the empire due to the constant wars in Germany and have created a strong business empire .Benjamin wants to create and fund a colony in the new world

Reactions:
(( I thought I had mentioned it before. I'm retiring my characters for a little while, but would like to keep the family in charge of the Baleares, if that's possible. ))

Jan went back to Brabant to visit his "family". The ship, boasting the Branbanter, and Hispanian flag, was spotted by a united fleet of the last remaining Dutch states, and was sunk by them. Jan didn't survive the attack.

Name: Ferdinant IV de Almeria
Religion: Catholic
Date of Birth: 6th of September 1555
Class: Courtier
Bio: Second son of Ferdinant de Almeria, he got to be councillor in the TATC, had 10 kids and was one of the richest men in Hispania.

Letter to the King,

Your highness, because of the recent firing and death of Jan Pieterszoon, I request to become the treasurer of Hispania, as well as position as merchant of the crown.

Ferdinant IV de Almeria

Last edited:
Reactions:
The preparations were complete and Ferrante, armed with forged royal documents and with a host at his back marched north to Naples. A multitude of thoughts rushed through his head: The kingdom of Naples restored? A Noble Republic established? Abdication of his majesty? Foreign involvement? Or peace and tolerance through diplomacy? He would see the House of D'Este returned to prominence if it meant his death. However, first he needed a bride or his house would be extinguished forever......

I have secured false documents allowing my army to pass royalist and Papal sympathetic territory under the excuse to "Fortify the northern border of the Mezzogiorno." I will head north till I reach the border then March south into allied Capua. I would recommend that we not only paint this as a petition for tolerance but a petition for the rights of nobles and for the many nations under the Crown. Perhaps we could see greater representation for Neapolitans, Sicilians, Sardinians, Andalucians, and more. We must look towards the future with a open mind.

Should the worst come of this great gathering, should I send requests for aid to my cousin the Dauphin of France and my D'Medici relatives? It is up to you.

See you in the old capital soon,

-Ferrante D'Este, Prince of Squillace and Cantazaro, Marchese of Calabria

I would say to have a message requesting support from France and Tuscany to be in the ready, to be sent if we decide that war it is. I still hope to God above that a miracle occurs and we need not fight for the basic tolerance, but we may need so prep a message and we shall convene and debate with the others.

I hope to see you soon and safely here in Naples. I hope that we fight to force the King to be more tolerant and accept this in a Manga Carta esque document, like can be seen in the Kingdom of England. I don't wish to depose him unless necessary and I hope that we can put all the zealots on trial like they should be treated and not simply killed in the dark like I daresay they deserve.

((During the revolts Ferrante returned to Calabria to muster forces to defend his interests. This is gonna be a interesting few updates:))))
(( OOC, if you're in Pisa, you'd go South to Naples.))

((Not much. You can still act they way you like. It just means you get a nice VP booster from one of TATC monopolies!))

((Speaking of VP boost, you technically have a spare VP bonus on to toss around from Tunis.))

(( I thought I had mentioned it before. I'm retiring my characters for a little while, but would like to keep the family in charge of the Baleares, if that's possible. ))

((Sorry about the alert. Force of habit listing all characters who hit 80. :oops: I'll just remove your current one from the list but keep you listed as duke of the Baleares for now.))

Jan went back to Brabant to visit his "family". The ship, boasting the Branbanter, and Hispanian flag, was spotted by a united fleet of the last remaining Dutch states, and was sunk by them. Jan didn't survive the attack.

Name: Ferdinant IV de Almeria
Religion: Catholic
Class: Courtier
Bio: Second son of Ferdinant de Almeria, he got to be councillor in the TATC, had 10 kids and was one of the richest men in Hispania.

Letter to the King,

Your highness, because of the recent firing and death of Jan Pieterszoon, I request to become the treasurer of Hispania, as well as position as merchant of the crown.

Ferdinant IV de Almeria

((I'll need a birth year or date first. Also the king does not decide who becomes a merchant; the grandmaster does.))

My Marshal and friend,

I will be present in Naples. I intended to hold a similar meeting in Palermo in fact, to inaugurate the new pavillon of the palace I fittingly would have named 'Pavillon of the Excommunicated', so I will attend the meeting in Naples. Pope Marcellus forces our hand. First, our advice is discarded against better judgment, and then they wonder that rebels rise up. This won't end here. And due to our excommunication, nobody at court will listen to reason, their ears poisoned by the vicious slander of the church, doing nothing more but fearing for its power. I fear we will have to act. To keep my family out of this, I sent them to my wife's family in Sweden - I advise you to proceed similarly. The inquisition had no word at the meeting, but there is nothing stopping them now - if we don't act. Here in Italy we are safe from their grasp, but we cannot return to court.
If it boils down to conflict, escalation, we should look for allies - for the kingdom's own good. We should assure the neutrality of France. Maybe even gain Emperor Manuel's assistance. He is a hardline Catholic, but with an instable Hispania, he might want to regain the Empire's independence. There is much to discuss, and we should be prepared to act as leaders of the same-minded, so that it doesn't end like the peasants' revolt.

May we guide Hispania to the right path,
Louis Clément de Montségur

((I think your second alternative would fit best, as it is a fair method - I fear the AI would mess things up with another method.))

((Speaking of VP boost, you technically have a spare VP bonus on to toss around from Tunis.))

((Sorry about the alert. Force of habit listing all characters who hit 80. :oops: I'll just remove your current one from the list but keep you listed as duke of the Baleares for now.))

((I'll need a birth year or date first. Also the king does not decide who becomes a merchant; the grandmaster does.))
((Oh yeah. Fixed now.))
Letter to Santoros Hashem,

I offer my service as merchant of the state.

- Ferdinant IV de Almeria

Letter to the King,

Ferdinant IV de Almeria

JpsioAG.png

I do find managing the treasury so tedious and boring. Feel free to take up the task yourself then.

- His Majesty, Ferran IV de Trastámara, King of Hispania and Protector of the Greeks & the Knights

I concur Friend, I look forward to seeing you in Naples.

I would ask that you mobilise your ducal guard and bring them with you, the Inquisition may yet be foolhardy and we need to be extra careful with our own safety.

I will send my wife and my youngest children to the Imperium Romanum, as my wife is a Komnenos and fits in well there. However I must keep my heir around so that he may learn of his duties when the time comes and my daughter must remain as D'Este has shown an interest in a wife and I will introduce them in person.

(( Thanks! Hopefully I'll have the energy to jump back in before too long. ))

Hispania wasn't what Bolivar expected, al least it was not like the stories he have heard from his father and Uncle; this wasn't that glorious Kingdom of his ancestors who had defeated the Heathens and recued the Greeks, at least not anymore.
Bolivar could feel the animosity between the citizens of this land, he heard some rumors about an Heretic rebelion that was quickly surpressed but as his Father always said "Hierba Mala nunca muere" (Bad people last longer), so it was very possible that Heretics were just hiding waiting for another chance to attack.

Bolivar couldn't understand those debates about religion, there was a One and Only god, represented in this world by His hollines the Pope, that was the only thing he needed to know given how God had protected him while fighting the indians in Sanchonia. He undestood then, that the divine providence has bring him here to fight this new evil.

Señor Limmona,
I am but a humble servant of the realm, who came from the other side of the ocean to serve this country in this dark times. It has come to my attention that some heretics have revolted against the True religion even when our King wisely tried to make them understand. Is for this reason, that i desire to offer my services as general if possible and if not, as another soldier, at the end my only desire is to help ou majesty fight against the heretics.
Deus Vult
Your humble Servant,
Jose Ignacio de Bolivar

Last edited:
Dear Almeria,

While many would refuse the positions of merchant to a member of a rival trading company, to show non partisanship, I grant your request to be merchant.

Sincerely,
Santoros Hashem

Dear Limmona,

While I can not pledge the company's support, as we have prominent anti-tolerance advocates, I can pledge myself and my fortune to the cause of religious freedom and peace in Hispania. Expect me in Napoli.

Sincerely,
The African

Santoros' son Almudena generally spread the belief that tolerance was not the way, at the urging of his father, and made sure the Braknans ((Where the Hashem estate is)) could pledge Almudena's loyalty to the One True Faith. This way, if Santoros would be marred in the fight for peace, justice, and freedom ((and the Hispanian Way)), his son would remain spotless.

Death is on the horizon. I feel it. Come , death, if that is what it takes to free my children. You will not find me hiding. Soon, I shall step out of the shadows. Come, death, I am ready. This is my cause, my reason to exist. Not just a petty merchant, jostling for trade. I will be a beacon of light. If need be, a martyr. Come, death, strike me down.