[Dev Team] 2.6.2 Patch Released [checksum e132]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it possible the Enigmatic Fortress is bugged? It repaired itself in my game about 10 days after I took it down and it kept spamming the message that it has fired up again every half month or so ever since.

I encountered that bug too. Took some time to move my fleet from that system.

No other galactic law is or can be proposed when it is already in effect. So it is not like they have to invent completely new code to fix the issue. It is likely this part is just missing from sanctions in particular.

And the fix is not expected because it is small, but because it breaks a major feature of their new content. Strike craft damage modifiers have been broken for ages, but somehow that took precedence over the new content in this "micro-patch".
The person I responded to said it should have been done because it was an easy fix.

As for strike craft, they are finally trying to make them viable. There aren't enough resolutions for everyone to do one of the good ones anyway, and in my experience, non sanction stuff tends to go to the top.

One issue I sometimes face is that:

By using the fill fleet option, there will be construction assigments with negativ construction time, which are undeletable and block further construction. Only solution Split the fleet an reunite under a new generated name.

Can you please push an additional fix swiftly that restores the ability to actually build tier 3 bureaucratic buildings without a mod. Its apparently glitches.

Here's someone (not me) on the reddit forums looking at the code.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/fkmnxu/cant_build_t3_admin_building_bug_or_intended/

It seems to literally just need an uncommenting and a fix to build cost and a setting of build potential and it could be fixed almost instantly. Maybe there are internal reasons for testing that prevent it, but naively it seems that it could be pushed out right now to let a critical infrastructure building be useable.

Can you please push an additional fix swiftly that restores the ability to actually build tier 3 bureaucratic buildings without a mod. Its apparently glitches.

Here's someone (not me) on the reddit forums looking at the code.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/fkmnxu/cant_build_t3_admin_building_bug_or_intended/

It seems to literally just need an uncommenting and a fix to build cost and a setting of build potential and it could be fixed almost instantly. Maybe there are internal reasons for testing that prevent it, but naively it seems that it could be pushed out right now to let a critical infrastructure building be useable.
Critical infrastructure? What do you need it for? Using less than half a planet for bureaucrats?

The person I responded to said it should have been done because it was an easy fix.

Then you skipped the last 4 words of his post.

As for strike craft, they are finally trying to make them viable. There aren't enough resolutions for everyone to do one of the good ones anyway, and in my experience, non sanction stuff tends to go to the top.

I'm all for making strike craft viable - I am running a strike craft build in my current game. But it is also the experience of myself, Encadi and Merch991 that the sanction bug prevents voting on anything worth while as nearly everyone will support minor sanctions forever. This breaks a feature that is vastly more valuable than whether strike craft are slightly more viable.

And why are you so fervently set on downplaying every fix that other posters are requesting on here?

Then you skipped the last 4 words of his post.
No, I didn't. His post ended with "it seems easy to me", meaning he thinks it should have been included simply because it's an easy fix.

No, I didn't. His post ended with "it seems easy to me", meaning he thinks it should have been included simply because it's an easy fix.

Then I suggest you to re-read his post. It ends with "and totally game breaking...". It is right there in the quote you yourself used when replying to him.

Can you guys also fix the desync between what Driven Assimilators and Rogue Servitors secondary species prefer in terms of habitability? I mean, I know it's probably on the backlog somewhere, but can you please push it up the priority list?

Hello everyone,

Thought we'd come out with a quick hotfix to some of the larger issues that you guys have pointed out. This isn't the last patch for Federations, so rest assured that we're still working on fixing stuff. We just thought that these fixes would be a good way of addressing some of the more common issues!

Thank you all for your support :) !

#################################################################
######################### VERSION 2.6.2 ###########################
#################################################################

###################
# Bugfixes
###################

* Fixed strike craft damage modifiers not being applied.
* Fixed so a designable starbase updates correctly on upgrading. This fixes the issue with juggernauts that have been upgraded, disappearing.
* Fixed the sectors trying to clear blockers they can't.

Save games shouldn't be adversely affected by the switch from 2.6.1 to 2.6.2, but just in case you do encounter issues, you can roll back to a prior version via right click on Stellaris in library -> properties -> betas -> choose the desired version.

If you want to do crossplay MP between Steam and our other release platforms (Plaza/GOG/MS Store), you need to opt in to the crossplay beta "stellaris_test" by the same method.
Are you guys workign on fixing the out of syncs for multiplayer? this is a much bigger issue and many would argue is the Biggest issue with Stellaris as we can't even play the game due to the desyncs

Can we make it so I have the option to toggle preset empires on and off again when starting a new game like the custom empires? It's really annoying that you took that feature away from us.

a quick hotfix

1. AWESOME. Thanks. Getting these out so fast is awesome.
2. Question: Are y'all in a position yet to tell us what your next priorities are for the next fixes? I'm just curious and excited.
3. And I totally appreciate how hard y'all worked on this. It really shows. 99.9% of the DLC and update is POLISHED, SMOOTH, and RAD. Thank you.

How about the POP ethics shift or rather the fact that they still refuse to shift ethics regardless of how you try to influence them. For me this ia huge issue since it completly removes the meta-game of supressing undesirable ethics and promoting those that you want to have. It also damages any non-genocidal/non-gestalt empire as soon as you conquer planets with POP:s not adhering to your prefered ethics.

Last edited:
How about the POP ethics shift or rather the fact that they still refuse to shift ethics regardless of how you try to influence them. For me this ia huge issue since it completly removes the meta-game of supressing underiable ethics and promoting those that you want to have. It also damages any non-genocidal/non-gestalt empire as soon as you conquer planets with POP:s not adhering to your prefered ethics.

I've asked @Obidobi about this in two separate threads and no Dev has commented on it. This bug has been in the game for a year without being fixed, and throws a spanner in the works of the federation mechanics because ethics management becomes random.

Just those 3 fixes? How about the one where senate just leeps passing the same minor sanctions over and over and over even if they wer epassed already? Seems really easy to fix and totally game brekaing...

Then I suggest you to re-read his post. It ends with "and totally game breaking...". It is right there in the quote you yourself used when replying to him.

Okay, I reread it. He says that he thinks it would be an easy fix, and because of that and it being game breaking means it should have been in the patch. I'm not arguing at all the game breaking part. Well, except maybe the extent. But my point is that one should not assume that just because you think it's easy, does not mean it is, and even if it is easy, does not mean it should have been in the patch.

They decided to get these fixes out first, for whatever reason. Whining they didn't fix this or that bug is useless, annoying, and frankly kinda entitled. Regardless of how game breaking, or not, the specific bug mentioned may be.