[Dev Team] 2.6.2 Patch Released [checksum e132]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This patch already contains updated of the 2.6.1 beta or is something different?
2.6.1 isn't a beta anymore, hasn't been for a few days.

Just those 3 fixes? How about the one where senate just leeps passing the same minor sanctions over and over and over even if they wer epassed already? Seems really easy to fix and totally game brekaing...

Just those 3 fixes? How about the one where senate just leeps passing the same minor sanctions over and over and over even if they wer epassed already? Seems really easy to fix and totally game brekaing...
I already explained why expecting a fix because it's easy is not the way to go.

And it might not be as easy as you think. Given the way you talk about it, it probably isn't.

@Obidobi

There was a change to the code in 2.6 which fixed a bug regarding how pops change ethics. Currently pops still change ethics at a nonexistent rate. Is this working as intended or are there other bugs messing with things? Is there any plan to fix/change this?

This has been a problem for roughly a year, so would be nice to see it acknowledged/addressed.

Nice to have any amount of fixes :)

... With that said ... when can we expect a meatier bugfix (beta?) patch? I really want to play, but seeing repeated sanctions top the galactic community all the time until endgame just saps the fun right out of it for me :(

Is it possible the Enigmatic Fortress is bugged? It repaired itself in my game about 10 days after I took it down and it kept spamming the message that it has fired up again every half month or so ever since.

I don't know if it's linux-specific but there is currently no rollback for 2.6.1 in the Betas tab.There is for 2.6.0.Is this intentional or it's a mistake?
Thanks for any replies about this.

Last edited:
I already explained why expecting a fix because it's easy is not the way to go.

And it might not be as easy as you think. Given the way you talk about it, it probably isn't.

No other galactic law is or can be proposed when it is already in effect. So it is not like they have to invent completely new code to fix the issue. It is likely this part is just missing from sanctions in particular.

And the fix is not expected because it is small, but because it breaks a major feature of their new content. Strike craft damage modifiers have been broken for ages, but somehow that took precedence over the new content in this "micro-patch".

I wonder if it fixes the oddity I saw yesterday, where fleet manager would show a build queue of empty jobs with a time remaining of -1 each. Seemed to affect the reinforce fleet ability where my fleets thought they were at full strength even though there are no actual ships being built. Quitting to menu and reloading seemed to solve it each time, but still weird.

Hello everyone,

Thought we'd come out with a quick hotfix to some of the larger issues that you guys have pointed out. This isn't the last patch for Federations, so rest assured that we're still working on fixing stuff. We just thought that these fixes would be a good way of addressing some of the more common issues!

Thank you all for your support :) !

#################################################################
######################### VERSION 2.6.2 ###########################
#################################################################

###################
# Bugfixes
###################

* Fixed strike craft damage modifiers not being applied.
* Fixed so a designable starbase updates correctly on upgrading. This fixes the issue with juggernauts that have been upgraded, disappearing.
* Fixed the sectors trying to clear blockers they can't.

Save games shouldn't be adversely affected by the switch from 2.6.1 to 2.6.2, but just in case you do encounter issues, you can roll back to a prior version via right click on Stellaris in library -> properties -> betas -> choose the desired version.

If you want to do crossplay MP between Steam and our other release platforms (Plaza/GOG/MS Store), you need to opt in to the crossplay beta "stellaris_test" by the same method.

What about Minor Sanctions bug?
Because it has completely broken the GC in my singleplayer run