[Dev Team] 2.6.2 Patch Released [checksum e132]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also got a glitch where the fighters would stay deployed and follow their mother ships around the system. Havent been able to replicate this sadly. Looks cool - wish we could select to just deploy them in a screen passively.
If only all bugs looked this awesome!

Erm... I may be out of line here, but multiple people have posted multiple problems since Tuesday and yet the next patch is due in May.

In May a patch will be released which should fix the issue and maybe others. My suggestion if you’re not happy with 2.6.0, 2.6.1 or 2.6.2 is to rollback to an earlier version until then.
Actually, the next patch is going to be sooner, then there's going to be a break, then the next big patch will be in May. 2.6.3 is (according to Grekulf) going to be coming to beta soon.

Erm... I may be out of line here, but multiple people have posted multiple problems since Tuesday and yet the next patch is due in May.

In May a patch will be released which should fix the issue and maybe others. My suggestion if you’re not happy with 2.6.0, 2.6.1 or 2.6.2 is to rollback to an earlier version until then.

If everyone posted “it’s been five days, my bug’s not fixed.” The devs would probably minimise contact with this forum. Take a page from the book of @Duuk and learn some patience when it comes to bugs. I agree, they shouldn’t be there. I’m surprised that certain headline feature and core gameplay bugs made it to release, but they’re there. I’m sure that the devs are working as best they can under the circumstances to fix what they can.

May is a pretty long time to wait though for some of this issues. I mean we have one problem with the war AI being completely weird, that is the word im going to use to be nice about it, thus making single player games with AI kinda meh for me at least. Then on the other side of the spectrum there is online which would be amazing, if it was playable past 2300. Like I'm hoping for at least a beta patch or something by this week or next to at least address these two issues and the Federation CB bug. That's all I want cause at least the rest of the bugs can be fixed by mods at the moment. Those three can't.

That and I have 7 days off from my job coming up on Friday and would love to host a multiplayer session with no AI, but I can't do that if the online really does not work. Which would really suck.

May is a pretty long time to wait though for some of this issues.
How about we wait until 2.6.3 comes along, and then complain about what it doesn't fix for 2 months?

How about we wait until 2.6.3 comes along, and then complain about what it doesn't fix for 2 months?

How about no? I payed for a product and I am not really happy with some of it's features cause they are either not working or broken. If there is a forum and I am not satisfied because what I pay for has a lot of issue I or anyone else has a right to bring it up. What I brought did not say early access, so expecting core features to work is not a unreasonable request. Second of all, what makes you think you have the right to tell me or anyone else not to complain? This is a forum not a fan club and people are entitled to state how they feel. People that generally complain are people who enjoy the game a lot and don't like to see it in a bad state. So if you don't like it fine, you can feel anyway you want, but don't come here and tell me or anyone else to not complain.

How about no? I payed for a product and I am not really happy with some of it's features cause they are either not working or broken. If there is a forum and I am not satisfied because what I pay for has a lot of issue I or anyone else has a right to bring it up. What I brought did not say early access, so expecting core features to work is not a unreasonable request. Second of all, what makes you think you have the right to tell me or anyone else not to complain? This is a forum not a fan club and people are entitled to state how they feel. People that generally complain are people who enjoy the game a lot and don't like to see it in a bad state. So if you don't like it fine, you can feel anyway you want, but don't come here and tell me or anyone else to not complain.

You're quite right. If you're unhappy and wish to complain by all means do so, I suggest an email to the retailer explaining that the product you have been sold is not what was advertised (either in quality or content) - if that is your position.

If you're complaining on the forum try to be polite and constructive, most countries on earth are dealing with unusual circumstances, fixing things are going to take longer. I can empathize that you have time off coming up and would like to play Federations multiplayer, but in its current state I wouldn't advise it without leaning heavily on autosaves.

This is a public forum, used by those who use the product you have purchased and the workers of the company who produce the product. Your words are visible to not just fellow players, but the people whose hard work goes into the game we hopefully all enjoy and potentially their families as well as random internet readers. The words you have quietly to a physical store manager and those you shout in the middle of a street should differ as should those you use on this forum and direct correspondence. Be mindful that your words may cause offense. Asking people by what right they have to suggest you hold back criticism is hardly taking a measured approach.

In defence of the product/s you have purchased Stellaris is almost 4 years old. We can roll back to previous versions if need be (for reference when I finish the current run I'm reverting to 1.9 for a classic multiplayer campaign with a friend). If you are talking about Federations then you are right, there are game breaking bugs - 2.6.2 is noticeably more stable and Juggernauts don't vanish into thin air, but as I've said I wouldn't run it multiplayer without leaning on frequent autosaves. I regret my pre release purchase of Federations, but I can see promise and thus have stuck with it.

Also if I've offended you with this response, that's not my intention. Just trying to help. Best of luck!

You're quite right. If you're unhappy and wish to complain by all means do so, I suggest an email to the retailer explaining that the product you have been sold is not what was advertised (either in quality or content) - if that is your position.

If you're complaining on the forum try to be polite and constructive, most countries on earth are dealing with unusual circumstances, fixing things are going to take longer. I can empathize that you have time off coming up and would like to play Federations multiplayer, but in its current state I wouldn't advise it without leaning heavily on autosaves.

This is a public forum, used by those who use the product you have purchased and the workers of the company who produce the product. Your words are visible to not just fellow players, but the people whose hard work goes into the game we hopefully all enjoy and potentially their families as well as random internet readers. The words you have quietly to a physical store manager and those you shout in the middle of a street should differ as should those you use on this forum and direct correspondence. Be mindful that your words may cause offense. Asking people by what right they have to suggest you hold back criticism is hardly taking a measured approach.

In defence of the product/s you have purchased Stellaris is almost 4 years old. We can roll back to previous versions if need be (for reference when I finish the current run I'm reverting to 1.9 for a classic multiplayer campaign with a friend). If you are talking about Federations then you are right, there are game breaking bugs - 2.6.2 is noticeably more stable and Juggernauts don't vanish into thin air, but as I've said I wouldn't run it multiplayer without leaning on frequent autosaves. I regret my pre release purchase of Federations, but I can see promise and thus have stuck with it.

Also if I've offended you with this response, that's not my intention. Just trying to help. Best of luck!

First I was not offended and neither am I by this. However, I was not questioning that persons right to suggest anything I was questioning what right they have to tell me or anyone else that we can not express our dissatisfaction on a forum. Also I was not being rude I'm pointing out a simple facts. However I have no interest in rolling back, so either it's fixed soon which I believe it will be in time or it's not and I have to do something else. I don't regret purchasing the DLC, I just wish it had a lot less glaring bugs cause I'm not touching it while it's in this state. Cause overall a lot of the features are good, they just don't work due to bugs or other issues which I already posted about.

I'm not telling you not to complain.I'm suggesting that you save your complaints until after we see what is/isn't fixed. If you've reported the bugs, they already know about them, and complaining won't do much, as they aren't watching everywhere on the forum at all times, and counting up how many people complain about something.

Have you given them random starting systems, or one of the preselectable ones? All those systems are unique and only one empire which uses them can spawn.

All have random ones. I don't know if Remnants/Shattered Ring have prescripted unique systems (I have one Rem and one SR empire), maybe these collide with some prescripted empires or whatever as sometimes don't show up. Both my Consolidated MEs do show up, though.
Could Mechanist be unique (but why?)?

I made around 18 empires, when I launch new game around half of them isn't loaded (prescripted ones show up instead).
I assume you toggled your custom ones to force on right?

As for the prescripted ones, I don't know why they don't have an in game toggle.
But you can turn them off (with a mod) if you aren't worried about achievements.

The files you edit for that are in the prescripted_countries folder, there are some text files in there for those races (separated but by dlc more or less)

To turn them off you change the following line for every one you want off:
spawn_enabled = yes
Change that to:
spawn_enabled = no

I did this for one of my games and only my own custom races spawned (until I ran out, then the rest were random), with none of the prescripted races in the way.

Oh, also, if its the same as it was around a year ago, if more than one of your custom empires have none-random system initializers (like Sol, or 3 star system etc) only one from each will spawn

All have random ones. I don't know if Remnants/Shattered Ring have prescripted unique systems (I have one Rem and one SR empire), maybe these collide with some prescripted empires or whatever as sometimes don't show up. Both my Consolidated MEs do show up, though.
Could Mechanist be unique (but why?)?

Some of the origins are one per game I belive yes. not sure which they all were, though I think Shattered ring was one such, and probably shoulders of giants? I think, the one that gives you excavation site. maybe others