[Dev Team] 2.5.0 (Shelley) Patch Released [checksum 9939]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just noticed that the base game installation (GOG) includes around 600 mb of Lithoids material (sounds, models etc).

I don't plan to buy the DLC, so is it safe to delete those files?

Last edited:
So, they added yet another paid DLC, and yet the launcher remains broken beyond any reason and people who use mods are still screwed. Apparently things like "working scroll bar" and "alphabetical order" are beyond our dearest overlords in Paradox. This is just sad. But then again it's good to know what the studio thinks of people who use and make mods.
People probably aren't willing to pay for interface DLC.

People probably aren't willing to pay for interface DLC.
People didn't pay for the Planetary Management rework either, but they still did it.

I just noticed that the base game installation (GOG) includes around 600 mb of Lithoids material (sounds, models etc).

I don't plan to buy the DLC, so is it safe to delete those files?

Do you plan on playing multiplayer, because those files are for when the host has the DLC but you do not, that way you can still play with them.

Reactions:
So, they added yet another paid DLC, and yet the launcher remains broken beyond any reason and people who use mods are still screwed. Apparently things like "working scroll bar" and "alphabetical order" are beyond our dearest overlords in Paradox. This is just sad. But then again it's good to know what the studio thinks of people who use and make mods.
The people who make DLCs and the people who work on the launcher are separate groups. There is no cause and effect here.

The people who make DLCs and the people who work on the launcher are separate groups. There is no cause and effect here.

The Stellaris team should have reverted to the 2.3 launcher until the new launcher was functional. :) I mean, something like people saying they can't play games because their OS isn't in English, seems like a pretty serious issue to me.

I created this kind of Lithoid and it doesn't work. It won't show up as AI-Empire in new games.
No mods installed, game version Shelley v2.5.0.
Lithoid.jpg

Last edited:
I created this kind of Lithoid and it doesn't work. It won't show up as AI-Empire in new games.
No mods installed, game version Shelley v2.5.0.
Picture isn't working.

I would be trying to discuss with tech support. Or maybe just get rid of all your mods and test if you haven't already tried that. I just loaded up a new game as the Horta :)D) and played through 2215 without any issues.

The Stellaris team should have reverted to the 2.3 launcher until the new launcher was functional. :) I mean, something like people saying they can't play games because their OS isn't in English, seems like a pretty serious issue to me.
It would be, I agree. Luckily that is not the situation here, as you can easily skip the launcher.

Will we be able to disassemble robot pops anytime soon? It's a problem introduced back with the Planetary Management rework and it's made the game nigh unplayable since then for me. I take planets because I need jobs and space for my people, only to find that a third of it is occupied by robots I can't get rid of. Before the rework you could just disassemble them, but for some reason they took that away.

Will we be able to disassemble robot pops anytime soon? It's a problem introduced back with the Planetary Management rework and it's made the game nigh unplayable since then for me. I take planets because I need jobs and space for my people, only to find that a third of it is occupied by robots I can't get rid of. Before the rework you could just disassemble them, but for some reason they took that away.
You can. You just need to set their species rights to undesirable.

Unfortunately, that's not an option with certain policies. So you can end up with such curious scenarios as playing Synth-ascended Fanatical Purifiers who have alien Synths in their borders enjoying Residence rights at the very least, with no means of disposing of them.

... Apparently there was an exploit regarding their military service rights that someone found once, but I don't know if that's still effective, or if it was applicable to a synthetic FP in the first place.

All I can see is Servitude. Robots have different citizenship standards than normal populations.

EDIT: Nvm, someone already brought it up.

As an addendum, even if that did work it still wouldn't be good enough. What if I have robots filling job spaces because I dont have enough people to fill up a planets job cap yet, but then I get more pops, or I find a species that can do mining or whatever better than my robots are now. Sure you can move the Robots to another planet provided you have space for them to take up there, but there isn't a way to just phase out robotic workers once the planet's population goes up, or I find a species that can do it better. I might not want to outlaw or get rid of all my robots, just a few.

To summarize: the best "solutions" are only partial and convoluted, and a simple "Deconstruct Robot" button like we had pre 2.2 would fix everything.

Last edited:
Has anything changed with energy credits production or upkeep? In 2.4.1 I had +20 per month and when I loaded the same savegame in 2.5, I suddenly have -32.

Have you tried running the game for a month? I find that when I load up, the game has often forgotten about trade income, and only recalculates it at the end of the month.