[Dev Team] 2.5.0 (Shelley) Patch Released [checksum 9939]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I run Stellaris Shelley v2.5.0 with the new Lithoid-Pack and since today, my PC gets really hot as soon as the main screen of the game is loaded. My CPU-fans make so much noise..., while I'm only trying to create some new lithoid nations. Why is that? Why does the main screen suddenly needs so much computing power?

Unique species stuff that's great. You guys need to put Advisors in every Paradox game. And keep improving it like an AI. Just keep making it smarter like Google Assistant, Siri, Amazon Echo Alexa, Microsoft Cortana, etc.

Unique species stuff that's great. You guys need to put Advisors in every Paradox game. And keep improving it like an AI. Just keep making it smarter like Google Assistant, Siri, Amazon Echo Alexa, Microsoft Cortana, etc.
It appears you are attempting to commit interstellar genocide on a scale that would make Hitler blush. Would you like some help with that?

Can we not have some of these small scale patches placed so close together at times? Or at least be given more warning for them? They can often completely derail plans for playing ongoing games with mods, and this is like what, the third patch in a month?

It appears you are attempting to commit interstellar genocide on a scale that would make Hitler blush. Would you like some help with that?
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I cannot let you do that"

I run Stellaris Shelley v2.5.0 with the new Lithoid-Pack and since today, my PC gets really hot as soon as the main screen of the game is loaded. My CPU-fans make so much noise..., while I'm only trying to create some new lithoid nations. Why is that? Why does the main screen suddenly needs so much computing power?

Even before this patch, the game was rendering the fuck out of the main menu. A similar thing happened with Starcraft 2, I think it was; someone left their game on the pause menu and came back to no graphics card at all, because their game was faithfully processing it to the best of its abilities.

* Rock-themed puns increased by approximately 17000%

Very gneiss.

I take it for granite that all of us marble at the lithoid species, whoever came up with them must have been stoned.

Hmm all these puns are a bit schist aren't they?

sorry!

p.s. not sorry in the slightest :p

Nice patch, but I found something quite stupid...
I just started a game with a Lithoid species, with a Democratic government, and my first ruler appears to have been elected on a platform of construction... AGRICULTURE DISTRICTS. So yeah, he won't keep his promise I think.

This specific goal should be deactivated for lithoids until there is at least one pop of food-eating species in the Empire IMO.

Hi. I don't know if this was on purpose or not but lithoid empires need food to build colony ships which is strange because they don't need food to survive.

###################
# AI
###################

* Automated building now checks that upkeep cost is covered by income

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa *Peter_griffin_meme.jpeg*

This wasn't a thing until now??? No wonder my whole economy collapsed every damn time I let the IA handle it

If possible, could the city/room background be made to match your flag color?

Hi. I don't know if this was on purpose or not but lithoid empires need food to build colony ships which is strange because they don't need food to survive.

This is caused by your mods overwriting the colony ship file. Find the mod doing it and disable it until the author updates.

mods_registry.json file

Is it possible to have a button or something to have the launcher rebuild the mods_registry.json file? I have to delete the file in order for the game to update for changes in the documents mod folder. For example, for a local mod if I update the supported_version="2.5.*" from 2.4 to 2.5 the launcher does not see this until I manually delete the mods_registry.json file at which point the game recreates it.

try setting it to x2 speed and ty me laters
Done
d2yxEOa.gif

QSfHYZ0.gif

>>> - 15 sec per 1 month. Up to 20-30 if some heavy actions is on
>> - 19-20 sec per one month. Up to it seems forever during heavy action

So, they added yet another paid DLC, and yet the launcher remains broken beyond any reason and people who use mods are still screwed. Apparently things like "working scroll bar" and "alphabetical order" are beyond our dearest overlords in Paradox. This is just sad. But then again it's good to know what the studio thinks of people who use and make mods.