Crusader Kings II: Way of Life announced - Patch 2.3 BETA will be open to anyone!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The final paragraph of the OP suggests that we "fabricate a claim on the beta", which suggests to me that access will not be immediate for everyone.
I think that's supposed to read "anyone with a decent chancellor". We can all agree that if you don't have one, you are not worth considering. Otherwise, what next? Giving beta to peasant leaders with broken spirits? Pfeh!

What game have YOU been playing where people are monogamous? I've ALWAYS had concubines, affairs, and multiple wives.
but that's playing as a male ruler. in-game, a woman-ruler could only have 1 spouse/husband so far (presumably due to the structure of the coding).

I hope CM will at least be working before this is released. And that is announcement doesn't mean we have to wait for paid content to be fixed in the next big patch (that will break the game for another few months) like we saw with RoI and 2.1.6.

I love the focus on roleplaying, and more control over romantic relationships. I do hope, however, that we come to see more control over platonic relationships (and rivalries, etc). More roleplaying with my liege/vassal relationship, with a cross-realm relationships (why shouldn't the kings of France and Castille get together for a pint sometime?), and family relationships (I'm my dynasty's head, but even my sons can go off and get married to whomever they choose if they're landed, it doesn't seem right).

All in all, I can't wait.

Thank the gods they will let us test it :p

Will Jewish rulers also get concubines? Wasn't it normal in Old Testament era at least?
Can't you hold a new church council that makes concubines also possible for Christian monarchs? Pleeeease? :D

I am REALLY pulling for this one. I hope it is a lot more than simply "seducing someone", which would be a great addition of course. But I hope it is more than simple superficial features that are already in mods. I really hope peace time relationships with vassals will now be a lot more dynamic.

It sounds so good...

At first. Then you read that's only about new objectives/decisions that are already in mods. I hope there is more than what is described here because there is nothing to be existed about...

I've been waiting ages for a DLC that would make playing CK2 interesting during the down times when you aren't in a position to conquer things, like when you start the game as a one-province count. Hopefully it will be this DLC.

It sounds so good...

At first. Then you read that's only about new objectives/decisions that are already in mods. I hope there is more than what is described here because there is nothing to be existed about...

I love the vanilla game getting updated with stuff it didn't have before. I can't see how that is a bad thing. Also, mods sometimes use a lot of workarounds for making their mechanics work, so the devs can also make it easier for the modmakers, considering they are the only ones with the access to the game code :)