Crusader Kings II: Way of Life announced - Patch 2.3 BETA will be open to anyone!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Patch 2.3 BETA will be open to anyone!

WOOT! Can't wait to check it out. I've been playing the 2.2.1.1 beta since it's release, and while it's buggy I love the idea of crowdsourcing the bug fixes. :)

So, I've been playing the beta for a few days now. Is there really any 2.3-beta content in there, other than the new diplomacy interface?
Speaking of which, it is incredibly annoying how that obscures the face of the person you're communicating with.
I noticed right from the beginning that the Focus button is there in your character view, but "You can't select a Focus without the Way of Life DLC"...
What's the point of an open beta where you don't get access to the features you're supposed to be evaluating?

EDIT: So, seconds after posting, I heard the devs saying that they specifically "cut out the DLC content" in the stream. My final question still stands. A beta test of features you're not allowed to test?

So, I've been playing the beta for a few days now. Is there really any 2.3-beta content in there, other than the new diplomacy interface?
Speaking of which, it is incredibly annoying how that obscures the face of the person you're communicating with.
I noticed right from the beginning that the Focus button is there in your character view, but "You can't select a Focus without the Way of Life DLC"...
What's the point of an open beta where you don't get access to the features you're supposed to be evaluating?

It was a beta for the patch. Not for the DLC. Most bugs are in the patch. We are there to find the bugs in the patch. Not new features.

It was a beta for the patch. Not for the DLC. Most bugs are in the patch. We are there to find the bugs in the patch. Not new features.

Alright, so we can still look forward to bugs in the new stuff.
Sorry, I think I'm coming off as more whiny than I intend to here ... Beta'ing the patch is still good I suppose. Just not worthy of quite all that fanfare.

Alright, so we can still look forward to bugs in the new stuff.
Sorry, I think I'm coming off as more whiny than I intend to here ... Beta'ing the patch is still good I suppose. Just not worthy of quite all that fanfare.

The new stuff are just Focus and Events... There can't be large bugs in this. It's like in every expansion dlc. The bugs are in the patch, not in the dlc.

The new stuff are just Focus and Events... There can't be large bugs in this. It's like in every expansion dlc. The bugs are in the patch, not in the dlc.

Don't be to sure about that. (Disclaimer, I don't know anything about coding) The beta-patch managed to completely break culture conversion and resigning army leaders, and as far as I can see in the patchnotes atleast, nothing about army leaders or culture is really touched in the beta. Chaning one thing can appearently have far-reaching consequenses.

Don't be to sure about that. (Disclaimer, I don't know anything about coding) The beta-patch managed to completely break culture conversion and resigning army leaders, and as far as I can see in the patchnotes atleast, nothing about army leaders or culture is really touched in the beta. Chaning one thing can appearently have far-reaching consequenses.

But not as much as adding completelly new features like CM or other expansions did.

But not as much as adding completelly new features like CM or other expansions did.

As much as I really want to agree with you that just a few events won't break anything, my modding experience has proven otherwise on many, many accounts. However, hopefully letting the player base test the free patch will allow Paradox to focus more attention to making sure most if not all of the bugs related to the events themselves are eliminated.

Haven't been on here in a long time. Just saw this DLC announced in the November newsletter and came over solely to pledge my support. This is a good idea. I enjoyed the role-playing aspects of CK, and as a player you're really drawn to focus on them since direct conflict and control is so difficult. Yet the limitations of the personal interactions also became a bit trying after awhile. So I think expanding that part of the game is really strumming on the special thread that is Crusader Kings. Kudos.

Today is the lauching day right? What time?

Generally it's three minutes after you give up or go to bed.
So if we all just go to bed, it'll launch now.