• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK3 Dev Diary #88: Achievements

Hello and welcome to another development diary for the Royal Court!

With release drawing nearer the time has come to show the 20 new achievements that come with the update. As with previous achievements we have aimed to have a good mix of easier to harder achievements with some focusing on new features and others on interesting challenges or starts.

Very Easy​

Patronage
exp_patronage_achievement.png
Fund an Inspired character's Project, and receive the end result.

Easy​

I Made This
exp_i_made_this_achievement.png
Loot an artifact you do not have a claim on and pass it down to your heir

Polyglot
polyglot.png
Personally know 10 languages

Changing Course
exp_changing_course_acheivement.png
Create a Divergent Culture

Converging Paths
exp_converging_paths_achievement.png
Create a Hybrid Culture

Medium​

Hoarder
exp_hoarder_achievement.png
Have an artifact in every slot in the Inventory and Royal Court

Crème de la Crème
exp_creme_de_la_creme_achievement.png
Reach the maximum amount of Court Grandeur

One of a Kind
exp_one_of_a_kind_achievement.png
Obtain an Epic artifact from an Adventurer Inspiration

Brave and Bold
exp_brave_and_bold_achievement.png
Starting as the Piasts in 867, rule Poland, adopt Feudalism, and own a Famed or Illustrious-rarity regalia, crown, weapon, and armor.

They Belong in a Museum
exp_they_belong_in_a_museum_achievement.png
Appoint a character with a completed Adventure inspiration as your Antiquarian

The True Royal Court
exp_the_true_royal_court_achievement.png
As a vassal king to an emperor, have a higher court grandeur than they do

Hard​

Beta Israel
exp_beta_israel_achievement.png
Starting and staying as a Jewish ruler in East Africa, rule a Kingdom and diverge your culture

Rise of the Ghurids
exp_rise_of_the_ghurids_achievement.png
Starting as the Duke of Ghur in 867 or 1066, conquer the borders of the historical Ghurid Empire

Turkish Eagle
exp_turkish_eagle_achievement.png
As the Seljuk Count in Samosata, form Rum and create a Hybrid Culture between Oghuz and Greek

Bod Chen Po
exp_bod_chen_po_achievement.png
As a member of the Pugyel Dynasty, re-create the Empire of Tibet

Delusions of Grandeur
exp_delusion_of_grandeur_achievement.png
Be at least 6 levels above your expected Court Grandeur

True Tolerance
exp_true_tolerance_achievement.png
Rule a realm containing at least 10 cultures with 95% or more acceptance of your culture

Inspirational
exp_inspirational_achievement.png
Sponsor 30 successful inspirations in one game

Very Hard​

Lingua Franca
lingua_franca.png
Have every Royal Court in the world speak your Court Language

Nobody Comes to Fika
exp_nobody_comes_to_fika_achievement.png
With the County of Fika as your primary title, diverge your culture and spread it to 30 Counties

That was all for today and for the very last development diary prior to the release of the Royal Court! Next Tuesday the patch notes for the update that goes along with the Royal Court expansion will be posted.

• 78Like
  • 15Love
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Reactions:
Nice ! this will give some nice single player objectives in between mp games, for "Beta Israel" do we need to stay jewish or just start jewish ?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Unless the patch notes are like 20 Groogies long and thus required more work, I'm going to be a bit disappointed in the lack of patch notes this week.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Nobody Comes to Fika
With the County of Fika as your primary title, diverge your culture and spread it to 30 Counties
I was so sad to see this achievement simplified from the original suggestion, but I guess the original version would be a bit much. For reference: original suggestion was to spread it to all of Scandinavia.

• 20Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Polyglot
polyglot.png
Personally know 10 languages
Interesting that this is in Easy, I assume there will be no shortages of modifiers to increase the languages limit?

The True Royal Court
exp_the_true_royal_court_achievement.png
As a vassal king to an emperor, have a higher court grandeur than they do
Brilliant! That's a great way to encourage players to try out being a vassal, I love this one.

True Tolerance
exp_true_tolerance_achievement.png
Rule a realm containing at least 10 cultures with 95% or more acceptance of your culture
This looks quite hard, I'm eager to find the most culture-dense spot on the map to rule over, and to find the right culture to be accepted by everyone.

Lingua Franca
lingua_franca.png
Have every Royal Court in the world speak your Court Language
Simple & Very Hard, seems fun.

Nobody Comes to Fika
exp_nobody_comes_to_fika_achievement.png
The wiki indicates that there's only one county by the name of Fika, and it's in the Kanem-Bornu Empire. Really eager to make a run out of this!

All in all, everything looks great and encourages new and different playthroughs, great job!

Reactions:
Good achievement list.

Reactions:
Are we getting any new bookmarks? The new title-based achievements made me curious.

Reactions:
Interesting that this is in Easy, I assume there will be no shortages of modifiers to increase the languages limit?

Brilliant! That's a great way to encourage players to try out being a vassal, I love this one.

This looks quite hard, I'm eager to find the most culture-dense spot on the map to rule over, and to find the right culture to be accepted by everyone.

Simple & Very Hard, seems fun.

The wiki indicates that there's only one county by the name of Fika, and it's in the Kanem-Bornu Empire. Really eager to make a run out of this!

All in all, everything looks great and encourages new and different playthroughs, great job!
India, Khorasan and Central Europe seem like the best spots for Polyglot.

Reactions: