• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK3 Dev Diary #88: Achievements

Hello and welcome to another development diary for the Royal Court!

With release drawing nearer the time has come to show the 20 new achievements that come with the update. As with previous achievements we have aimed to have a good mix of easier to harder achievements with some focusing on new features and others on interesting challenges or starts.

Very Easy​

Patronage
exp_patronage_achievement.png
Fund an Inspired character's Project, and receive the end result.

Easy​

I Made This
exp_i_made_this_achievement.png
Loot an artifact you do not have a claim on and pass it down to your heir

Polyglot
polyglot.png
Personally know 10 languages

Changing Course
exp_changing_course_acheivement.png
Create a Divergent Culture

Converging Paths
exp_converging_paths_achievement.png
Create a Hybrid Culture

Medium​

Hoarder
exp_hoarder_achievement.png
Have an artifact in every slot in the Inventory and Royal Court

Crème de la Crème
exp_creme_de_la_creme_achievement.png
Reach the maximum amount of Court Grandeur

One of a Kind
exp_one_of_a_kind_achievement.png
Obtain an Epic artifact from an Adventurer Inspiration

Brave and Bold
exp_brave_and_bold_achievement.png
Starting as the Piasts in 867, rule Poland, adopt Feudalism, and own a Famed or Illustrious-rarity regalia, crown, weapon, and armor.

They Belong in a Museum
exp_they_belong_in_a_museum_achievement.png
Appoint a character with a completed Adventure inspiration as your Antiquarian

The True Royal Court
exp_the_true_royal_court_achievement.png
As a vassal king to an emperor, have a higher court grandeur than they do

Hard​

Beta Israel
exp_beta_israel_achievement.png
Starting and staying as a Jewish ruler in East Africa, rule a Kingdom and diverge your culture

Rise of the Ghurids
exp_rise_of_the_ghurids_achievement.png
Starting as the Duke of Ghur in 867 or 1066, conquer the borders of the historical Ghurid Empire

Turkish Eagle
exp_turkish_eagle_achievement.png
As the Seljuk Count in Samosata, form Rum and create a Hybrid Culture between Oghuz and Greek

Bod Chen Po
exp_bod_chen_po_achievement.png
As a member of the Pugyel Dynasty, re-create the Empire of Tibet

Delusions of Grandeur
exp_delusion_of_grandeur_achievement.png
Be at least 6 levels above your expected Court Grandeur

True Tolerance
exp_true_tolerance_achievement.png
Rule a realm containing at least 10 cultures with 95% or more acceptance of your culture

Inspirational
exp_inspirational_achievement.png
Sponsor 30 successful inspirations in one game

Very Hard​

Lingua Franca
lingua_franca.png
Have every Royal Court in the world speak your Court Language

Nobody Comes to Fika
exp_nobody_comes_to_fika_achievement.png
With the County of Fika as your primary title, diverge your culture and spread it to 30 Counties

That was all for today and for the very last development diary prior to the release of the Royal Court! Next Tuesday the patch notes for the update that goes along with the Royal Court expansion will be posted.

• 78Like
  • 15Love
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
As you add new court posisions you can add non ruler gameplay and trade system . Trade and guild as a system is needed as well. Trade would carry artifacts and trade goods and lets cultures grow closer . Guilds would be a good adition but not that needed imo. Non ruler gameplay should be on game as republics , holy orders etc. became playeble with this . I hope those things will added to game at one point.

• 5Like
Reactions:

With release drawing nearer the time has come to show the 20 new achievements that come with the update. As with previous achievements we have aimed to have a good mix of easier to harder achievements with some focusing on new features and others on interesting challenges or starts.

Very Easy​

Patronage
View attachment 800718

Easy​

I Made This
View attachment 800714

Polyglot
View attachment 800725

Changing Course
View attachment 800709

Converging Paths
View attachment 800710
Create a Hybrid Culture

Medium​

Hoarder
View attachment 800713

Crème de la Crème
View attachment 800711

One of a Kind
View attachment 800717

Brave and Bold
View attachment 800708
Starting as the Piasts in 867, rule Poland, adopt Feudalism, and own a Famed or Illustrious-rarity regalia, crown, weapon, and armor.

They Belong in a Museum
View attachment 800721

The True Royal Court
View attachment 800720

Hard​

Beta Israel
View attachment 800706
Starting and staying as a Jewish ruler in East Africa, rule a Kingdom and diverge your culture

Rise of the Ghurids
View attachment 800719
Starting as the Duke of Ghur in 867 or 1066, conquer the borders of the historical Ghurid Empire

Turkish Eagle
View attachment 800723
As the Seljuk Count in Samosata, form Rum and create a Hybrid Culture between Oghuz and Greek

Bod Chen Po
View attachment 800707

Delusions of Grandeur
View attachment 800712

True Tolerance
View attachment 800722
Rule a realm containing at least 10 cultures with 95% or more acceptance of your culture

Inspirational
View attachment 800715

Very Hard​

Lingua Franca
View attachment 800724

Nobody Comes to Fika
View attachment 800716
With the County of Fika as your primary title, diverge your culture and spread it to 30 Counties

That was all for today and for the very last development diary prior to the release of the Royal Court! Next Tuesday the patch notes for the update that goes along with the Royal Court expansion will be posted.

>"As the Seljuk Count in Samosata, form Rum and create a Hybrid Culture between Oghuz and Greek"

I'm not entirely sure the Rum Seljuk culture should be considered an hybrid between turkish and greek cultures
The core of both Seljuk cultures (Great and the following Rum one) was a turko-persian hybried culture that leaned heavily on the persian side. They used Persian and not turkish as their official language, their coins used persian imageries (lion and the sun), and most of the sultans even used persian names took from the Persian Book of Kings.
b4b51f064e56b045150388709a08feb2--islamic.jpg

If there is a turkish culture that can be considered more heavily influenced by greek culture (while still having an heavy heritage from persian one) is the post-conquest of Costantinople Ottoman culture, but that's outside the timeframe of the game. Hope at least Great Seljuk and Rum Seljuk are separated splintered culture, with the former being an hybrid between proper turkish and persian

Reactions:
I'm not entirely sure the Rum Seljuk culture should be considered an hybrid between turkish and greek cultures
The core of both Seljuk cultures (Great and the following Rum one) was a turko-persian hybried culture that leaned heavily on the persian side
Turks became nearly same with greeks in Anatolia. Turks give culture and take some culture . Also I would say some alnguage changes happend but that mostly happend in court but not on people. as a Turk I need to say we use some Persian words but still that not big as "hybrid culture" levels of thing
I hope this will this will be good enough and have a good day mr.

Very Easy​

Patronage
View attachment 800718

Easy​

I Made This
View attachment 800714

Polyglot
View attachment 800725

Changing Course
View attachment 800709

Converging Paths
View attachment 800710
Create a Hybrid Culture

Medium​

Hoarder
View attachment 800713

Crème de la Crème
View attachment 800711

One of a Kind
View attachment 800717

Brave and Bold
View attachment 800708

They Belong in a Museum
View attachment 800721

The True Royal Court
View attachment 800720

Hard​

Beta Israel
View attachment 800706

Rise of the Ghurids
View attachment 800719

Turkish Eagle
View attachment 800723

Bod Chen Po
View attachment 800707

Delusions of Grandeur
View attachment 800712

True Tolerance
View attachment 800722

Inspirational
View attachment 800715

Very Hard​

Lingua Franca
View attachment 800724

Nobody Comes to Fika
View attachment 800716

Supremely disappointed there isn't an achievement called Karling In The Franks that requires you to start as a member of the Karling dynasty and hybridize French and Franconian cultures back into Frankish

Reactions:
There is an event to create an artifact. The event offers to break the best artifacts. Which are worn by me (only!). During this event, I give away the blue item, but I get the gray item. Cool event.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I participated in the crusade for the crown of Egypt and made the highest contribution. A beneficiary from my spanish dynasty, living in HRE (Polish culture), became the king of Egypt, but he and his only son (two characters) changed the house and dynasty. His wife did not change. Now this is a new random Polish dynasty. That's not why I joined the crusade.
I play without mods. This is a bug.

Last edited:
I participated in the crusade for the crown of Egypt and made the highest contribution. A beneficiary from my spanish dynasty, living in HRE (Polish culture), became the king of Egypt, but he and his only son (two characters) changed the house and dynasty. His wife did not change. Now this is a new random Polish dynasty. That's not why I joined the crusade.
I play without mods. This is a bug.
Have you tried filing a bug report or posting in general discussions instead of commenting on a three week old achievement thread?