• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Same way as we stopped caring about EU4's cores, accepted cultures and similar, we do not care one bit about eu4's institutions or tech when using eurocentric option.

In RL, there's still places *today* that haven't "embraced feudalism", but there's no helping institutions spreading like wildfire in the game. So, we don't care and don't use those. Mods exist that do try to slow it down but it's IMHO pointless - the slower they spread the faster primitives tech up as they have larger mana buffers.
I understand, but what I meant is that vanilla EU4 allows Renaissance to spawn in Europe only, while in the converted game it can appear, for example, in India. This means the institutions appear to be modded, and the question is: will the whole thing break if I try to use a mod that tries to slow institutions down, thus making the institutions "double modded"?

I understand, but what I meant is that vanilla EU4 allows Renaissance to spawn in Europe only, while in the converted game it can appear, for example, in India. This means the institutions appear to be modded, and the question is: will the whole thing break if I try to use a mod that tries to slow institutions down, thus making the institutions "double modded"?
Can't do that. Both mods change the same file. What I'm trying to convey is - don't worry about them nor tech 32, it does not matter. We don't use it.

Reactions:
It's worth remembering that when converting, we need to account for a wide-range of possibilities. Sure, in our world the Europeans were the ones to achieve technological supremacy from the 1500/1600's on, but in a converted game, who knows what crazy stuff happened? Europe could be a burning wasteland to the Aztecs while India thrives and there's a Siberian Empire owning all of Russia.
The Institutions are modded (and you can always modify the file yourself within the generated mod if you wish) so as to try and account for as many alt-history scenarios as possible.

Hello. I recently used the converter in its latest d'Este release, using latest version of both CK2 and EU4, and found a curious thing in terms of culture conversion. I played as Hispania and the provinces in the Asturias state, which were all Castilian, became Galician. Not only that, but also they got the Galician kingdom core in all of them. The problem is that the actual CK2 title was held by someone who didn't had land in that area, neither was it part of de jure k_spanish_galicia. I'd assume the cores got assigned first, then the provinces' culture were changed based on that, but why it happened in the first place is the problem. Since at least from what I saw, there was no reason for those Galicia cores to be added there.

So, yeah, reporting this. Thanks for your attention.

Attachments

• eu4_1.png
    eu4_1.png
    3,6 MB · Views: 0
  • log.txt
    17,8 KB · Views: 0
  • Empire of Hispania.ck2
    41,2 MB · Views: 0
Hello. I recently used the converter in its latest d'Este release, using latest version of both CK2 and EU4, and found a curious thing in terms of culture conversion. I played as Hispania and the provinces in the Asturias state, which were all Castilian, became Galician. Not only that, but also they got the Galician kingdom core in all of them. The problem is that the actual CK2 title was held by someone who didn't had land in that area, neither was it part of de jure k_spanish_galicia. I'd assume the cores got assigned first, then the provinces' culture were changed based on that, but why it happened in the first place is the problem. Since at least from what I saw, there was no reason for those Galicia cores to be added there.

So, yeah, reporting this. Thanks for your attention.
No, that was a bug where castilian in asturias was mapped to galician, instead in galicia_area. I've corrected this now. As for cores, those would be national cores where GAL is the primary nation of galician culture so it receives cores in case revolts or something break it. However in your case, seeing how you got portugese in galicia, that will no longer happen.

Reactions:
A question - are the hospital upgrades considered in the development calculation for EU4, just like normal buildings?
No, we ignore them. Not all players have Reaper's Due, nor they serve any functional purpose that we can translate other than being money sinks.

Reactions:
Does the subject kingdoms in ck2 become vassals in eu4? If it does, do they become regular vassals or marche?
Subjects? You mean defacto king vassals under an empire? They become vassals if large enough, and if you enable it in the options:
1612979170875.png

Sorry I mean the tributary states that you can get in ck2 via cb wars, not the defacto vassals.
Those transfer as tributaries into EU4.

Are you sure? In EU4 this type of vassalization is only available to nations in the eastern religious groups, steppe hordes or the chinese emperor. Does it work for other nations as well in the converter?
Those transfer as tributaries into EU4.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I converted an incomplete ck2 North Sea Empire playthrough. At 1415 the Pope called a crusade on the Hindu Timurids in Transoxiana since everything west of them is now Christian. I wanted to save them so I converted the month before. In EU4 I accidentally started playing from 1415 instead of the normal startdate. Aside from all the AI countries sitting on their monarch points until the first tech became available, everything was fine. Then in the 1500s I got to Indonesia and realized that almost every coastal country chose Exploration and/or Expansion.

Attachments

• North_Sea_Empire1524_07_01.eu4
    34,3 MB · Views: 0
I converted an incomplete ck2 North Sea Empire playthrough. At 1415 the Pope called a crusade on the Hindu Timurids in Transoxiana since everything west of them is now Christian. I wanted to save them so I converted the month before. In EU4 I accidentally started playing from 1415 instead of the normal startdate. Aside from all the AI countries sitting on their monarch points until the first tech became available, everything was fine. Then in the 1500s I got to Indonesia and realized that almost every coastal country chose Exploration and/or Expansion.
We don't alter ideas and which ones AI picks.

Hey there! Just a quick question: There used to always be a stable release version and the current development build available no? What happened with the latter?
It's there on the first post of this thread. There's no need for two releases, the current one updates automatically.