• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Can we take all of dejure prussia as wargoals ?))

((The only free CB we have is on the British Empire for Tunisia (or something).))

((Can I get a pop screen view ? If it is what I suspect ill propose something.))

((Let me know what kind of POP screenshot you want, specifically, and I'll do what I can.))

A tragedy! A horror!

The only thing keeping the DDA in this government is the fact that the goal of this war is to liberate the poor people of Tver. If we seize any land, I will consider pulling the party out of the government.

-Carlo Brunelli

Brunelli returns home to visit family in Rome and gets very drunk and depressed

Last edited:
1860 (to October): A problem with Poland

All the buzz around Germany's capital, Nürnberg, was around the controversial decision to allow every German citizen an equal right to vote in the 1862 elections.

9ZB3v1.jpg

Some liberal newspapers presented this step as the last element to, once and for all, ending the racial, cultural, and nationalist tensions at the German periphery. A leading newspaper with DDA sympathies celebrated the legal integration of Liberia as an important step to "spreading the rightness of all that is German throughout the world. We must ease the suffering of those less fortunate, by bringing them under the wing of our glorious Republic. We have a mission to civilize the world!"

v9LKfR.jpg

The upper echelons of DDA leadership were desperate to distance themselves from the Jacobins, and a campaign focused on helping the uncivilized peoples of Africa and beyond seemed a sound alternative to letting the Ministry of the Interior run roughshod over them. That Michael von Hohenzollern's touch had not softened was demonstrated by the successful suppression of the Greek rebels and the nonchalant "shooting while trying to escape" of their leader. A group of French dissidents tried to protest over this alleged injustice, with predictable results.

My6S4p.jpg

eweTdB.jpg

When asked for comment, Michael von Hohenzollern simply glared at the reporter until he turned around and left. Fully 90% of all interview requests for the Minister were ripped up, chewed up, and spat out, preferably in the face of the requestee. The brutal but effective methods of the Ministry and the Gendarmerie ended any attempt at a so-called "patriot rebellion", at least for the present.

OpkNed.jpg

The city of Strasburg, whether or encouraged or horrified by the Bourgogne affair, passed a resolution making German the official language of all business transactions and, further, requiring German to be the primary language of instruction in all public education. This momentous occasion was applauded by politicians from every party, and the mayor of Strasburg was made a member of the Assembly on the spot by his constituents.

PEXB43.jpg

For the first time in a very long time, there was complete domestic peace. People got along well with their neighbors. New advances in chemistry were roundly applauded throughout the Republic.

TKe8di.jpg

However, Germany's internal peace was shaken badly by the Tver crisis. Most German citizens preferred non-intervention, but even the most apathetic German turned to rabid support of Tver when they heard about the nefarious plots of France and the British Empire to support Poland. Rallies were held in support of all things Tveran. One or two Polish citizens from the eastern portions of the Republic were beaten in this pro-Tver enthusiasm. Reports from the Ministry of the Interior indicated an upsurge in support for Poland among those ethnic groups.

Um6mwv.jpg

As the orders were put out to mobilize the population, feelings ranged from quiet anticipation to fear to outright terror. Hugo Unger was recalled from his "Bulgaria Corps" to serve as Chief of Staff once again. He and the Heads of the Corps of Gendarmerie had put together a regiment of pro-Bulgarian citizens to fight in the Bulgaria-Athens war when the Assembly rejected the call to arms. While that war continued to rage, both men were patriots and returned home immediately to fight the greater threat.

Perhaps the most poignant example of the dangers of Polish attitudes towards Germany came as a result of the tragedy of the Jacobi family. The Stadtholder of Potsdam, Dieter von Jacobi, was enjoying a quiet meal with his family when his brother began to appear agitated. Dieter, puzzled, asked his brother to pass the potatoes. His brother mumbled something, only forcing Dieter to repeat his request. The younger von Jacobi, infuriated, replied, "Am I some sort of Polish peasant, to do your bidding, you traitor! You and your friends would have us abandon the people of Tver to continued Polish tyranny, wouldn't you? WOULDN'T YOU?!"

Dieter cleared his throat to respond, but this proved an impossible task with the four inch knife blade lodged in it. As his brother left the room, he threw the bowl of mashed potatoes on Dieter's head.

He enlisted in the German army a day later.

This is just a catch-up update while we wait for the war to finish. No new proposals of any kind until we finish up the year!

(( you wrote that beautifully))

((That was a fantastic mini-update Av! :) I really liked it!))

Admiral Gerhard Goering is hereby appointed to command of the Steam Fleet.

Hals Gutfreund, Minister of War and acting Chief of Staff of the Navy

((The only free CB we have is on the British Empire for Tunisia (or something).))

((Let me know what kind of POP screenshot you want, specifically, and I'll do what I can.))
((The workforce overview.How many craftsmen and farmers we have.))
Admiral Gerhard Goering is hereby appointed to command of the Steam Fleet.

Hals Gutfreund, Minister of War and acting Chief of Staff of the Navy
((His name is so wrong in so many ways :p ))

((Here's your pop screen overview.

ya8m0E.jpg
))

Stadtholders of the Conclave,

Given that we are at war, I request emergency authority to arrest and detain the members of any pro-French, British, or Polish independence movements. ((To suppress them, that is.)) The French movement is particularly disconcerting; it has approximately 110,000 backers of various levels of commitment. The last thing we want are these misguided fools leading uprisings while we are destroying the armies of our enemies.

Michael von Hohenzollern, Minister of the Interior

I support Minister von Hohenzollern's plan.

~Konrad von Schwaben, Head of the Corps of the Gendarmerie

von Altmark smokes a cigar, enjoying his time as an Imperialist backbencher with not much to do.

Although I cannot vote for it, I also support von Hohenzollern's plan. We don't need a rebellion on our hands at the moment.

I oppose the Minister of the Interior's plan. We need to work on accepting cultural differences, not suppressing them!

-Carlo Brunelli

((Wow, I didn't realize how multi-ethnic we were))

So am I correct in assuming that you support our enemies, you Jacobin traitor?!

~ a random HUN backbencher

I also support the minister's plan. This is the last time we need people working against the interests of our nation.

FM

I challenge you to a duel.

-Brunelli

I gladly accept the opportunity to fight one of Germany's enemies!

~ the HUN backbencher

(:)laugh: Cool... so how does this work, Av? :D))

I stroungly oppose the supressing of the nationalist movements of the Polish,French,and British for they as participants in our republic are entilted to peacefully express their opinions no matter how radical so that they or their children may one day through participation in the conversation that is democracy come to see that the German way of life is the superior one. Should they turn violent then the violent elements will be arrested as needed.

I would agree with Doctor Fellman. The suppression of the nationalists is unnecessary and counterproductive to the unity of this Republic.

I oppose granting the Minister of the Interior emergency powers until an emergency is less conjecture and more evident.