• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bisougai

First Lieutenant
43 Badges
May 14, 2016
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
Hi,
I don't really like the default way to activate mods, only because it's not really useful when you play different game (multiplayer & solo) with different mods activated. And it become boring to copy/past some backup "settings.txt". So i make this solution : Stellaris Mod Manager

Informations :
This tool is in beta so there is lots of bugs but he will be functional only if you don't try to do anything uncommon :D
Use : javafx (gui) and Jdom (XML manipulation)

Main window : mod list managing and application
upload_2017-1-13_10-40-43.png

Secondary window : list creation/modification
upload_2017-1-13_10-33-42.png

Download :

You can download the tool from my GoogleDrive : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2162Wd9vePmelNZdi1SRmlwNDQ

Requirements :
  • Windows, Linux, MacOS (Stellaris requirements systems) -> i tested the app on Windows and Linux (so MacOS users report if the stellaris document folder isn't found)
  • Java 8u40 (at least) -> but always keep your java update ;)
  • Stellaris installed -> not really necessary but without, this tool won't be realy useful

Known bugs :
  • Don't try to resize app windows, you won't be able to select in list anymore (need to restart the app)

Upgrade ideas :
  • Possibility to launch the game after mod list application
  • Interface re-sizable and a bit more design (but i'm not a designer, i'm a young developper... so be happy to don't have commands line :D)
  • Localization support (there isn't lot of strings but i know that not everyone understand english) -> XML & chose language through a settings interface
  • Add online version check request to inform at app launch if there is a new version
  • Clone list (for now you can do this manually by editing UserLists.xml and copy/past between <list name="XXX"></list> and of course modify the list name in the quotes)
  • Create a list from actual mod selection (the list in the settings.txt)
  • Check conflict (mods overwrites sames files)
  • Make load order (need to understand how it works and how modify the procedure before coding this)
  • Import/Export list
  • Check missing mods in a list (Step 1) try to suscribe them on steamworkshop (Step 2)

Thanks for reading, try/use the app and report bugs or upgrade ideas ;)
Good game all !

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-13_10-32-48.png
    upload_2017-1-13_10-32-48.png
    8,7 KB · Views: 26
  • upload_2017-1-13_10-40-2.png
    upload_2017-1-13_10-40-2.png
    8,7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Reactions:
Beta 0.5.0 (01/18/2017) :
- New interface for list creation
- Re-sizable list creation window (still some tweaks needed)
- Now window print missings mods (mods in the list but not in the stellaris folders) in red and in the first rows -> they can't be (de)selected and are cleaned form the list when the list is saved
- Now links to steam workshop are generated if the mod have a remote file ID (open in browser with a right click on it)
- Remote file id is now saved in the UserLists.xml (structure modified but normally compatible with previous structure which will be updated when re-saving each list)
- The bug which makes the mods unable to be selected (after loose focus or too fast scrolling with big list of mods) seems completly corrected !

Beta 0.4.0 (01/16/2017) :
- Correct bug when apply a mod list when no mods were previously selected with the launcher
- Add debug functionality : now when there is an error (major and known) the app generate a "DebugLog.txt" that you can send (The file is deleted when the app start so send/save it before restart app)

Beta 0.3.0 (01/15/2017) :
- Now the tool support .mod files which don't come from steam workshop
- Hotfix 0.3.1 : Correct bug (impossible to create list) when user have directory(ies) in the mod folder

Beta 0.2.0 (01/14/2017) :
- Correct bug when applying list with 0 mod
- Correct bug unselectable mods when loose focus
- Change color for mod selected (now mods selected in the list becomes white bold with a green background)

Beta 0.1.0 (01/13/2017) : Initial Launch

Last edited:
Oh, cool! Thanks for creating this!

Update to 0.2.0 :
- Correct bug when applying list with 0 mod
- Correct bug unselectable mods when loose focus
- Change color for mod selected (now mods selected in the list becomes white bold with a green background)

I try to add the option to launch game but it's unstable so need more time.

Can i have somes info :
- Operating System
- Java version (and update version)
- Both 0.1.0 and 0.2.0 have same error ?
- If you know how to do, you can launch the jar through command line and see if there is stack trace :)

I think next upgrade would be a log file writer ^^

Last edited:
Update to 0.3.0 :
- Now the tool support .mod files which don't come from steam workshop

NB : list's save file (UserLists.xml) is a bit changed but the app support old structure (and it would be updated for a list to new one when you modify a list)

Thanks for the work on this as its a great idea as there are so many mods with Stellaris that i want to try in different combos and this should make things a lot easier.

Cheers

Hot fix 0.3.1 :
- Correct bug (impossible to create list) when user have directory(ies) in the mod folder

Update to 0.4.0 :
- Correct bug when apply a mod list when no mods were previously selected with the launcher
- Add debug functionality : now when there is an error (major and known) the app generate a "DebugLog.txt" that you can send (The file is deleted when the app start so send/save it before restart app)

Reactions:
Good stuff. As an upgrade idea: Fetch missing mods from steam! This would be the most awesome feature, because I could sent my UserLists.xml to my friends. If they load it, your program takes care of fetching all the mods from steam and makes sure that when everyone launches the game, the mods actually match.

In my oppinion it would be an absolute "must" for paradox to implement an automatic mod equalization with the host (taking place when you log into a MP lobby). But from what I see concerning Stellaris support..... it seems not to be in the cards right now.

Make app direct fetch missings mod from steam will need lot of dev time i think (hard to find the best way to get them...)
As a first step i can, when a list is created, mark the missings mod and if i get their remote id (so only for mod file in ugc_XXX.mod with the actual xml save structure or save remoteID in the structure) generate a list of links to workshop page of each mod (manual suscribe).

So the dev roadmap for the next days :
  1. Resizable interfaces
  2. Change interface for the list of mods when creating/editing a personal list (Change the actual ListView control to the TableView control which is better to print more informations)
  3. Marks (color line in red) missing mods (mods saved in xml and not present in the mod/ folder) and generate hyperlinks to their workshop page

Last edited:
Work in progress 0.5.0 : List creation interface changed and re-sizable !

Before :
index.php

Now (WIP : grey lines are for debug ^^) :
upload_2017-1-18_12-39-11.png

after resize
upload_2017-1-18_12-39-57.png

Still need working on auto-size of column of the table, the sort option (which for now works but user can't select mods after...), and also the vertical resize of the table (which stop after reach a height value as you can see on the second image).
And after add the workshop link column.

Maybe change also the input field for list description for an other which look more like a text area... (with line break support) -> but at the very end (maybe for a 0.5.1 mini-update)

Reactions:
Update to 0.5.0 :
- New interface for list creation
- Re-sizable list creation window (still some tweaks needed)
- Now window print missings mods (mods in the list but not in the stellaris folders) in red and in the first rows -> they can't be (de)selected and are cleaned form the list when the list is saved
- Now links to steam workshop are generated if the mod have a remote file ID (open in browser with a right click on it)
- Remote file id is now saved in the UserLists.xml (structure modified but normally compatible with previous structure which will be updated when re-saving each list)
- The bug which makes the mods unable to be selected (after loose focus or too fast scrolling with big list of mods) seems completly corrected !

EDIT : While i'm thinking about this... Is there similar mod structure for some other paradox games ? Because it would be just a path to change in the app to make an equivalent for an other game :)
But it need to have the same structure :
  • Paradox...\GameName\
    • settings.txt -> for mod activated
    • mod\
      • mod files

Last edited:
Reactions:
The current games (EU4, CK2, HoI4) all have the same folder structure, but I'm not sure about settings.txt.

Vic2 is similar, but uses the game's install location, not the My Documents folder (which still gets created, but it doesn't work).

So after a little break, i'm back and i nearly end the upgrade of the mod manager to support also CK II, EU IV and HoI IV and btw correct some bugs.

The most important work to do at this moment is to find a new name, because the app can't be named "Stellaris Mod Manager" anymore ^^

- Yet another Mod Manager (YaMM) -> when you have no idea
- SimpleModManager -> again when you have no idea :)
- Paradoxos -> a mod manager for paradox's games so why not use the greek etymology