• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bisougai

First Lieutenant
43 Badges
May 14, 2016
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
[0.7.0 and superior info :
Just saw one thing for Paradox new launcher, the dlc_load.json file isn't created by the Paradox launcher if missing.

So if you have a clean install (or never used mods with new launcher), before launching PMM, start the launcher and activate a mod with it. Paradox launcher will generate the missing file.
]

Hi,

During January 2017, I released a little mod manager for Stellaris (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/994228/) but when I see that other Paradox Interactive's games use the same modding structure I decided to migrate to another project! So welcome Paradoxos Mod Manager!

l1Wev_h_kvx08gRmya_mVc7QcFSudDWg7Mqs70AQqRry6xzLKcb2fjgXYjPvcAK8aX4pfcAwu7ASvVU0YHaRFSox3UbJyKEDr84k7tRorNJqwKOcQDaTk078IACByNv_gPmgHNtj

Paradoxos Mod Manager is a java application which can be used to manage your mods in recent Paradox Interactive’s games: Crusader Kings II, Europa Universalis IV, Stellaris, Hearts of Iron 4 and Imperator Rome.

I develop this app because I often have lots of mods and games with differents list of mods activated on Stellaris, and enable/disable each mods of a savegame before I launch my game was very boring…

Download

You can download the tool (all versions) from my GoogleDrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2162Wd9vePmRXdieVc2QzdraFU

Links

Documentation : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wThmbZIEGWzDO3rp8-zzJumebXDBE4-q6L6GnzVKmAY

Versions log : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DFCgmSFUUZ2IRY-ON1bOVZki9LPd-FSTHacR7i2ibUA

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
New update with 0.7.1, mainly to support the new launcher (from Imperator) to Stellaris and EU4, auto-update still doesn't work.

I take the opportunity to announce that I'm still struggling with finding time to maintain and improve the tool. I'm also a bit in lack of motivation and I have to focus on my studies ^^'

My main objective now is to migrate from Java 8 to Java 11, which should make simpler the build and also solve some launch problems (with JavaFX for Unix systems). I almost did a big part of the job, but I have a problem with the build due to a library used for XML parsing. So I have some ideas about what I can do: rebuild the library to be compatible (no update since 2015), find another XML library which means readapt the code or maybe recode all the system that save/read/import/export ModList to store everything in JSON (which I already have a good library for).

Furthermore, the project is still open for peoples who would like to participate in the project, mainly Java development (if you have good basis in Object-oriented programming), but something like helping update the doc (and fix typo) could also help ^^

Finally, I would like to thank you all for your returns and improvements ideas.

Hello, I was extremely happy to find your tools as paradox's launcher mod management is pitiful.

But I find a bug. When I use my custom order, it's not taken into account. I glanced at the code, searched a bit and i think i found the origin of the problem. Mod Order isn't taken from dlc_load.json (anymore I imagine) but from game_data.json (why have redundant information is a good question). I would gladly help to solve the problem (seems in my capabilities) however I have absolutely no idea where the id used in game_data come from. So I'm stuck (or i havn't a relatively easy/fast solution) and I can only ask if anyone has any idea.

PS: not native speaker, english is quite approximate

Last edited:
In fact, i have make some tests and observations.

game_data.json store the mod order for the launcher view (and order application when you add/remove a mod through the launcher).
dlc_load.json store the mod order when the game is loaded.

So if you activate a list with PMM and play the game (with no modifications with the game launcher, basically just click "Play") the game should start with the PMM order.
Modify launcher order with game_data.json is planed but i need time to do that (the new window, and some logic, there is an issue about that in the project's repo).

Tip to see the update by the launcher: apply a modlist with PMM, open 'dlc_load.json' with notepad++ (or equivalent), start the launcher and if you add/remove a mod notepad++ will show you a warning to reload the file because it was modified and you will see the order changed for the one in 'game_data.json'.

Just saw one thing for Paradox new launcher, the dlc_load.json file isn't created by the Paradox launcher if missing.

So if you have a clean install (or never used mods with new launcher), before launching PMM, start the launcher and activate a mod with it. Paradox launcher will generate the missing file.

Hi,

I made some major progress in my port to Java 11.
In fact a pre-release of 0.8.0 is on the github repository, search for "ParadoxosModManagerRework" on Google (or at the top of the readme from the original repository)

Just for info, the 0.8.0 won't have real major fix, I just worked on the update from Java 8 to 11, understand and learn how to build my app, needed to change some librairies, rewrite all the save/import/export system of mod lists to work with Json instead of XML, clean some dead code.

The main results of that work are:
- No need to have Java installed anymore, now the app comes with its own JRE packaged (but now PMM folder is near 50MB instead of 5MB and there is a specific build for each OS)
- More easy and automated build (less manual operations)
- Should work better on Linux now, since there isn't problems with missing JavaFX for Java 8 anymore
- Return of some motivation because now I've done this rework and I'm able to update my app again

I would like to release the 0.8.0 asap, maybe this weekend... So don't hesitate to test, above all if you are on Mac! (it's the only one I can't test to run PMM)

This version of PMM will work like the 0.7.1.
Download the zip for your platform, extract (other folder than 0.7.1) and run (windows gain a basic .exe file which do the same thing as the .bat, Linux have the classic shell script, and macOS the shell script and the same script as .command since I've read that with that file extension it can launch with a double click).
All user list from PMM 0.7.1 and bellow won't work this 0.8.0

After I will go through all the messages about functionality suggestions and bug report I missed, sort and write all that in issues on the git repository.
Thus I will be able to separate easy from hard implementation, and major from minor bugs.

Update to Beta 0.8.0 :
  • Java 11 Update (No need to install Java 11 ! A custom JRE come with PMM)
  • Change git repository
  • App setting and mod lists are now stored in JSON (lists made with the previous version will be lost)
  • [List Creation] Separate "save" action in list creation into "save" and "save & close" actions
  • [List Creation] Add multi-selection of mods in list creation (use shift and ctrl)
  • [List Creation] Change left-click on mod from "open web workshop" to "empty list selection"
  • [List Creation] Add a check during save to avoid create lists with the same name
  • [List Creation] Add some tooltips
  • [List Manager] Add a warning at "apply list" action to inform about possible visual errors for the Paradox Launcher mod order visual
  • Update documentation

Update to Beta 0.8.0 :
  • Java 11 Update (No need to install Java 11 ! A custom JRE come with PMM)
  • Change git repository
  • App setting and mod lists are now stored in JSON (lists made with the previous version will be lost)
  • [List Creation] Separate "save" action in list creation into "save" and "save & close" actions
  • [List Creation] Add multi-selection of mods in list creation (use shift and ctrl)
  • [List Creation] Change left-click on mod from "open web workshop" to "empty list selection"
  • [List Creation] Add a check during save to avoid create lists with the same name
  • [List Creation] Add some tooltips
  • [List Manager] Add a warning at "apply list" action to inform about possible visual errors for the Paradox Launcher mod order visual
  • Update documentation
The update buttons dont' seem to work and I can't find a link anywhere.

\Skodkim

Since Update function doesn't work since 0.7.0 and since I've done a repository change:

On the "Update Available" window you should see something like that :
Code:
0.8.0:
- Java 11 Update -> YOU NEED TO RE-DOWNLOAD
- LINK : <<<link to github>>>
- OR search 'ParadoxosModManagerRework github' on google and go to 'release' section
- No need to install Java 11 ! A custom one come with PMM

Use that "<<<link to github>>>"

You can also search for "ParadoxosModManagerRework github" on google.

I recently had a problem with this mod manager, where the order of mods for Stellaris (using custom order) was somehow reversed in dlc_load.json. This obviously caused compatibility problems between mods.

While I have a lot of mods loaded, I created a test configuration with just UI Overhaul, StarNet, NSC2, and the Starnet for NSC2 patch (in that order, top to bottom in your mod manager, with custom order checked):

paradoxos_config.png

After clicking Apply for this configuration, dlc_load.json looks like this:

Code:
{"disabled_dlcs":[],"enabled_mods":["mod/pmm_ugc_1720760712.mod","mod/pmm_ugc_683230077.mod","mod/pmm_ugc_1712760331.mod","mod/pmm_ugc_1623423360.mod"]}

Which if you check the mods that correspond to those .mod files, is left to right the exact opposite order (i.e. Starnet for NSC2, NSC2, Starnet, UI Overhaul).

I've switched to Killroy's mod manager for now, but it's quite a lot worse than yours, so I hope this can get fixed at some point :)

EDIT: I'm sorry, I just realised this is technically the wrong forum, and you also have a thread on the Stellaris boards (I got here via Google). I think this is the same application, however, so I guess I'll just leave this here.

Last edited:
I recently had a problem with this mod manager, where the order of mods for Stellaris (using custom order) was somehow reversed in dlc_load.json. This obviously caused compatibility problems between mods.

While I have a lot of mods loaded, I created a test configuration with just UI Overhaul, StarNet, NSC2, and the Starnet for NSC2 patch (in that order, top to bottom in your mod manager, with custom order checked):

View attachment 547005

After clicking Apply for this configuration, dlc_load.json looks like this:

Code:
{"disabled_dlcs":[],"enabled_mods":["mod/pmm_ugc_1720760712.mod","mod/pmm_ugc_683230077.mod","mod/pmm_ugc_1712760331.mod","mod/pmm_ugc_1623423360.mod"]}

Which if you check the mods that correspond to those .mod files, is left to right the exact opposite order (i.e. Starnet for NSC2, NSC2, Starnet, UI Overhaul).

I've switched to Killroy's mod manager for now, but it's quite a lot worse than yours, so I hope this can get fixed at some point :)

EDIT: I'm sorry, I just realised this is technically the wrong forum, and you also have a thread on the Stellaris boards (I got here via Google). I think this is the same application, however, so I guess I'll just leave this here.

It's because, of the order which the mod are loaded. I need to fix my small text bellow the checkbox for custom order ^^'
The latest mod loaded by the game with the new launcher has the highest priority. In PMM, the logic is: #1 will be the mod which will be the less overwritten (so #1 go last in JSON array)

The idea was to keep the same logic as for the legacy launcher (where a patch for mods was ordered before the mods they patched in alphabetical order because mods where applied bottom to top)

In your case, in order to have Starnet for NSC2 patch loaded after Starnet and NSC2, you might want to have something like :
#1 patch > #2 Starnet > #3 NSC2 > #4 UI

Ah ok, thank you for clarifying this.

I understand why you do it this way. However, for people not familiar with Paradox's old way of managing mods, this is very counter-intuitive, as it works differently to many other mod manager out there for many games. So a more clear description on that checkbox would certainly help :)

Thank you for your great work btw. The conflict detection is a godsend in making compatibility patches, and the UI is excellent and (aside from the reverse ordering of mods) very intuitive.

@Castar (and also someone who read that)

Do you think that the following sentence will be more understandable?

"Info: mod #1 have the highest priority (like legacy launcher) Thus mean that, if #1 and #2 have similar modifications (ie conflict), PMM will ensure that #1 overwrite #2 in the launcher order"

Just extracted the new Paradoxos Mod Manager to my desktop on Windows 10. Windows Defender immediately appeared and said it was a security threat. Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C

Just extracted the new Paradoxos Mod Manager to my desktop on Windows 10. Windows Defender immediately appeared and said it was a security threat. Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C
Experiencing the excact same thing. I tried the exe though and nothing happened (as in nothing at all - no mod manager launched).

\Skodkim

Experiencing the excact same thing. I tried the exe though and nothing happened (as in nothing at all - no mod manager launched).

\Skodkim

@Riekopo and @Skodkim in fact the .exe is flag as virus/trojan because it's an unsigned exe which execute a script. You can still use the .bat file which does the exact same thing (the .exe is built from this .bat), just with a visually annoying black command window.

Sorry for asking, but I find myself in doubt about load order with v0.7.1 (stil haven't managed to get the new version running - as said nothing happens whatsoever when i click the bat or exe file). In the windows showing enabled mods you have a list on the right side with mod # 1-n, 1 being the upper one in the list and n the lower one. The way I understand it mod # 1 loading first, then #2, then 3 etc. In case of conflicts files from mod # 2 would override files from mod # 1, files from mod # 3 would override files from mod # 2 (and 1), etc. Is that correct? I'm asking because I think I've experienced another behavior.

PS: And should I tich "Use Custom Order" on in order to make this work? Can't find any description of this setting in the guide.

\Skodkim

Last edited: